Postby Stooo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:11 pm

Drunk Dalek wrote:The Government pay for mine so I don't give a fuck :bum:

The French...
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: Passport Drama

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:50 am

measurer wrote:Caught again!!! :shame:

Spouting nonsense or doxing?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :gigglesnshit:
Jobless Oddball

Postby measurer » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:37 pm

I leave the nonsensical speak to you as you're so good at it.

Doxing? Show me where I have put up your name & address or even your town, but you can't, can youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?????????????
measurer

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:57 pm

measurer wrote:I leave the nonsensical speak to you as you're so good at it.

Doxing? Show me where I have put up your name & address or even your town, but you can't, can youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?????????????

Are you saying you got caught doing both????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :dunno:
Jobless Oddball

Postby measurer » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Are you?????????????
measurer

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:53 pm

measurer wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:It’s not going to be that bad, Europe are still going to want Brits holidaying there, tourist revenue etc.
People who had 6 months left needed to have renewed it by now though, if they wanted to travel.

While I know they need the tourist monies, I'd normally have said the same, but it seems some countries do want to punish the UK for having the audacity to want out of Europe. This way - by making people fork out for a new passport early - may be one of the ways they feel they get payback. Who knows? I am kind of glad it doesn't affect me though.

If they punish Brits for leaving then they’ll be cutting their noses off to spite their faces. They know that movement of people, goods etc is what makes a country prosperous. And they need our tourism.
Lady Murasaki

Postby measurer » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:15 pm

Yes they do, I have already said as much, but the minds of bureaucrats are twisted. Already people are being advised to change passports, and it appears the 6 months you might have left will not be carried forward. (Not being British I never knew this happened).

The UK is causing unrest as they see it - French rioting isn't helping. One thing is for sure - the UK will have obstacles put in their way.And now TM is saying if they don't back her at the next vote, there may be no exit from the EU. I always thought the timing of the court ruling saying we could change our minds about leaving was a bit suss.

The true cost to Britain will be seen if we leave them.
measurer

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:22 pm

measurer wrote:Yes they do, I have already said as much, but the minds of bureaucrats are twisted. Already people are being advised to change passports, and it appears the 6 months you might have left will not be carried forward. (Not being British I never knew this happened).

The UK is causing unrest as they see it - French rioting isn't helping. One thing is for sure - the UK will have obstacles put in their way.And now TM is saying if they don't back her at the next vote, there may be no exit from the EU. I always thought the timing of the court ruling saying we could change our minds about leaving was a bit suss.

About to eat so I have to be brief...no ones ever left the eu so no one really knows for sure what’s going to happen.
Yes they won’t want leaving to look beneficial so they will make it as difficult as they can but it doesn’t help that Britain doesn’t appear to have gone in with a clear idea of what we want.
Gotto go. :Hiya:
Lady Murasaki

Postby banana chewits » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:24 pm

it's not really any kind of intrigue.

if there is a no deal brexit, europe will just be in line with other areas that require a minimum of 6 months left on a passport. the passport has to have been issued within the last 10 years.

the uk passport office doesn't always add an unexpired 9 months to a new passport, it can be hit & miss.

if you had a new passport dated 1 january 2009 that carried over 9 months from your previous passport, it wouldn't expire until 30 september 2019.

if britain leaves with no deal on 29th march & you go on holiday on 1 april, you will have 6 months unexpired, but the passport won't have been issued in the last 10 years before you travel.
banana chewits

Postby measurer » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:55 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
measurer wrote:Yes they do, I have already said as much, but the minds of bureaucrats are twisted. Already people are being advised to change passports, and it appears the 6 months you might have left will not be carried forward. (Not being British I never knew this happened).

About to eat so I have to be brief...no ones ever left the eu so no one really knows for sure what’s going to happen.
Yes they won’t want leaving to look beneficial so they will make it as difficult as they can but it doesn’t help that Britain doesn’t appear to have gone in with a clear idea of what we want.
Gotto go. :Hiya:

I don't think they ever thought it through much. I fear a lot who voted to leave were sick of immigrants coming willy nilly to this country and seized this chance to make themselves heard. The government could have dealt with immigration in a rational way instead of doing what they have. And yep, I fear the UK is in for a backlash from others, time will tell. Personally, I hope the vote goes against TM, and we don't leave. I have many other reasons for thinking this is the UK's folly, but won't go into them for now.

Enjoy your lunch. :thumbsup:
measurer

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:38 pm

measurer wrote:Already people are being advised to change passports

Change their passports to what exactly???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :dunno:
Jobless Oddball

Postby measurer » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:40 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
measurer wrote:Already people are being advised to change passports

Change their passports to what exactly???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :dunno:

New ones...
measurer

Postby Dinkydoobie » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:38 pm

Was anyone else surprised to find out about this radical new rule that your passport has to have 6 months validity to travel to the EU? I always thought that was the case, i know now that it's not but it is for other countries so not much will change for me because i always assumed it to be the case lol
Dinkydoobie

Postby measurer » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:46 pm

Dinkydoobie wrote:Was anyone else surprised to find out about this radical new rule that your passport has to have 6 months validity to travel to the EU? I always thought that was the case, i know now that it's not but it is for other countries so not much will change for me because i always assumed it to be the case lol

I had thought of that too, but guess what? One report had quoted you would need 15 months validity on your passport, or would need to buy a new one! Maybe they're covering costs of having to transition all things back to the other colour? :dunno:
measurer

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:13 pm

You are Nadine Coyle

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms