Films

Re: Films

Postby Nucks » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:38 pm

Nucks wrote:
Wilson wrote:Bohemian Rhapsody was a MILLION times better than I expected. Highly recommend it.

Yes, I was not expecting it to be that good. Loved Mike Myers bit as the exec who didn't like Bohemian Rhapsody, nice Wayne's World reference. :gigglesnshit:

Just to add, the actor who played bass guitarist John Deacon was Timmy from Jurassic Park.

Nucks

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Watched Mary Poppins 2. Its good to watch but lacks the charm of the first. I want to say something good about it because it Mary Poppins but the first delves you into another world and the characters but this doesn't. The songs are not great like the first and it doesn't carry a moral message like all old Disney cartoons did.

I was particularly pissed of that Mary let the chimney sweeps climb to almost the top of Big Ben with their ladders and only when they failed to reach the clock did she decide to fly up there and do it herself. I mean.. the chimney sweeps could have lost their like ffs!!! And then the ending with the balloons in the sky. All about them. Nothing about feeding the birds!!

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:44 pm

And they were horrible to the penguins in this movie. Booting them out the way. Using them as ladders to walk upon whereas in Mary Poppins the penguins were part and equal of the dance.

Postby Nucks » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:38 pm

Watched Holmes & Watson and Stan & Ollie over the weekend. Enjoyed both but Stan & Ollie was of course a better film, critically speaking. Very good likenesses to the originals.
Nucks

Postby Gabby » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:43 pm

I watched San Andreas (again) the other night..... Dwayne Johnson is so fucking fit in that film :wubwub:
Gabby

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:24 pm

Nucks wrote:Watched Holmes & Watson and Stan & Ollie over the weekend. Enjoyed both but Stan & Ollie was of course a better film, critically speaking. Very good likenesses to the originals.

the latest with Robert Downy Jr?
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Gabby wrote:I watched San Andreas (again) the other night..... Dwayne Johnson is so fucking fit in that film :wubwub:

correction Dwayne (the Rock) Johnson. aka (though it is supposed to be a secret, He isn't supposed to remember) *in hushed tones as I glance left and right* the tooth fairy.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:31 pm

Guest wrote:Watched Mary Poppins 2. Its good to watch but lacks the charm of the first. I want to say something good about it because it Mary Poppins but the first delves you into another world and the characters but this doesn't. The songs are not great like the first and it doesn't carry a moral message like all old Disney cartoons did.

I was particularly pissed of that Mary let the chimney sweeps climb to almost the top of Big Ben with their ladders and only when they failed to reach the clock did she decide to fly up there and do it herself. I mean.. the chimney sweeps could have lost their like ffs!!! And then the ending with the balloons in the sky. All about them. Nothing about feeding the birds!!

bobbing along, on the bottom of the beautiful briny sea...
art0hur0moh

Postby Nucks » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:55 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
Nucks wrote:Watched Holmes & Watson and Stan & Ollie over the weekend. Enjoyed both but Stan & Ollie was of course a better film, critically speaking. Very good likenesses to the originals.

:gigglesnshit: No, a comedy with Will Ferrell and John C Reilley. It wasn’t very well liked by critics. ‘‘Twas very silly.
Nucks

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:40 pm

Nucks wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

:gigglesnshit: No, a comedy with Will Ferrell and John C Reilley. It wasn’t very well liked by critics. ‘‘Twas very silly.

the answer lies in the word, critic. when they do like something they cant' exactly be critical?
art0hur0moh

Postby Nucks » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Saw “Us” last week and the new “Pet Sematary” today. Thoroughly enjoyed them both.

Us was a unique story, while PS was a remake of the Stephen King story, but with a slight twist.

8/10 and 6.5/10
Nucks

Postby LordRaven » Sat May 04, 2019 6:35 pm

WANDERING EARTH... A Chinese Sci Fi Blockbuster along the lines of Armageddon and Indpendence Day that is well worth watching even though it is dubbed.

The story is a bit far fetched but that aside it is a must see because it does throw up a unique storyline and some interesting resolutions for problems to overcome global catastrophe.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Jon55 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:16 pm

I just watched Rocket Man it was ok but the actor who played Elton was too good looking imo.

phpBB [video]

This is my fav Elton song

phpBB [video]
Jon55

Postby Nucks » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:38 pm

Jon55 wrote:I just watched Rocket Man it was ok but the actor who played Elton was too good looking imo.

phpBB [video]

Have you seen Eddie the Eagle? i believe the same actor played both roles.
Nucks

Postby Jon55 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:23 am

Nucks wrote:
Jon55 wrote:I just watched Rocket Man it was ok but the actor who played Elton was too good looking imo.

phpBB [video]

Have you seen Eddie the Eagle? i believe the same actor played both roles.

No I haven't.

I just watched this on sky - a bit tedious tbh. It is supposed to be based on a true story.

phpBB [video]
Jon55

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio