Reports Coming In

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Reports Coming In

Postby measurer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:44 am

Two more Isis brides have had their UK nationality stripped from them. Will this now be de rigeur if you leave to fight against the country that you lived in?
I suppose they had to apply the same punishments or look stupid. I foresee a lot of legal fighting if this is the way the UK are dealing with them.
measurer

Postby McAz » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:14 pm

measurer wrote:Two more Isis brides have had their UK nationality stripped from them. Will this now be de rigeur if you leave to fight against the country that you lived in?
I suppose they had to apply the same punishments or look stupid. I foresee a lot of legal fighting if this is the way the UK are dealing with them.

Probably - but there are material differences from Begum's case. As I understand it both clearly had dual citizenship, and neither were children when they made their decision to support ISIS.

Whatever the truth, the shit that is Javid and his cackling supporters create more division than they heal - so some good at least arises from his naked politicking.
McAz

Postby banana chewits » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:21 pm

McAz wrote:
measurer wrote:Two more Isis brides have had their UK nationality stripped from them. Will this now be de rigeur if you leave to fight against the country that you lived in?

Probably - but there are material differences from Begum's case. As I understand it both clearly had dual citizenship, and neither were children when they made their decision to support ISIS.

Whatever the truth, the shit that is Javid and his cackling supporters create more division than they heal - so some good at least arises from his naked politicking.

could pakistan refuse to be left with them, or is it done on a first dump first served basis?
banana chewits

Postby McAz » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:27 pm

banana chewits wrote:
McAz wrote:

could pakistan refuse to be left with them, or is it done on a first dump first served basis?

I doubt it since they would be making them stateless. But perhaps Pakistan don't care about international law?
McAz

Postby banana chewits » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:30 pm

McAz wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
McAz wrote:

I doubt it since they would be making them stateless. But perhaps Pakistan don't care about international law?

so whoever revokes first, the other country of citizenship is lumbered? i wonder what would happen if both countries declared revocation at the exact same time.
banana chewits

Postby McAz » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:35 pm

banana chewits wrote:
McAz wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
McAz wrote:

so whoever revokes first, the other country of citizenship is lumbered? i wonder what would happen if both countries declared revocation at the exact same time.

Bit unlikely I think - but in any event we are one of the few countries that use provisions like this. Nationalistic primitivism doesn't only manifest in shite like Brexit.
McAz

Postby measurer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:40 pm

I'm sure I read that Pakistan said they will take them.

Az, I understand what you are saying, but do you think they will apply this to every gung-ho "freedom" fighter? Javid has went OTT to people even living in this country, do you think he will apply this to all UK born terrorists, or just those with a dual passport?
measurer

Postby McAz » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:09 pm

measurer wrote:I'm sure I read that Pakistan said they will take them.

Az, I understand what you are saying, but do you think they will apply this to every gung-ho "freedom" fighter? Javid has went OTT to people even living in this country, do you think he will apply this to all UK born terrorists, or just those with a dual passport?

According to the UN "the UK is signatory to the two key international conventions addressing statelessness" - my understanding is that in effect that means that the UK agrees not to make anyone stateless. In fact, this will be the main thrust of Begum's appeal.

So yes, only people with dual citizenship.
McAz

Postby measurer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:13 pm

Looks like Javid has went with the "popular" vote. Personally, I think he's going to get his ass handed to him on a plate...
measurer

Postby McAz » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:16 pm

measurer wrote:Looks like Javid has went with the "popular" vote. Personally, I think he's going to get his ass handed to him on a plate...

I agree - small man in a big suit syndrome.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:19 pm

measurer wrote:Looks like Javid has went with the "popular" vote. Personally, I think he's going to get his ass handed to him on a plate...

He doesn't understand the 'base', they loath his colour and heritage.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:31 am

Stooo wrote:

He reminds me of Uncle Fester.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Holly » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:34 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Love your avie :leer:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:37 am

Holly wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Love your avie :leer:

Let’s hope it doesn’t trigger them into more meltdowns.

Lady Murasaki

Postby Holly » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:54 am

Like this?

Yeah, lets hope not :gigglesnshit:
Holly
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms