Brexit Satire 2

Big Threads

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Dinkydoobie » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Cannydc wrote:I suspect that won't happen.

Maybe not but it only takes one to throw a stick in the wheels
Dinkydoobie

Postby Maddog » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:21 pm

jra wrote:According to the BBC, these are now possible options.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46393399

Now, I don't remember our politicians telling us we'd get so embroiled/ingrained in the EU that it would become virtually impossible to leave. I'd say that is an omission of quite a crucial bit of information.

Comes back to what I've been saying all along. We should have just stuck to trade agreements and left it at that. Then hopefully we wouldn't be in the mess we are currently in.

I skimmed through that. This Brexit thing will take longer than your war with the Nazis. Speaking of such, if WWII was operated like Brexit, Churchill would have tried to delay D Day til about 1952.

I don't even live there and I'm embarrassed for y'all.
Maddog

Postby Cannydc » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:35 pm

Maddog wrote:

Now, I don't remember our politicians telling us we'd get so embroiled/ingrained in the EU that it would become virtually impossible to leave. I'd say that is an omission of quite a crucial bit of information.

Comes back to what I've been saying all along. We should have just stuck to trade agreements and left it at that. Then hopefully we wouldn't be in the mess we are currently in.

I skimmed through that. This Brexit thing will take longer than your war with the Nazis. Speaking of such, if WWII was operated like Brexit, Churchill would have tried to delay D Day til about 1952.

Thanks for your concern.

Mine is that we will be dragged into a one-sided trade agreement with the US, resulting in undercutting of our markets, lowering of standards, and the loss of the NHS to health insurance scammers. In short, a Trumpian nightmare.
Cannydc

Postby Maddog » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:21 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Thanks for your concern.

Mine is that we will be dragged into a one-sided trade agreement with the US, resulting in undercutting of our markets, lowering of standards, and the loss of the NHS to health insurance scammers. In short, a Trumpian nightmare.

I'm embarrassed, not concerned. I don't think you need to worry too much. Unless you live to be 132, you're probably not going to live to see Brexit.
Maddog

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:58 pm

phpBB [video]
Video

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Postby jra » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Cannydc wrote:

It was all there in Article 50.

Trouble is, not many people seemed to understand that 'negotiations' mentioned therein would be two way, and that the EU held pretty much all the cards. In fact, Leaver politicians were quick to assure us that the opposite was true - that they needed us more than we needed them, and that a deal with the EU (and hundreds of others) would be so, so easy. Then they always had the No-Deal nuclear option. Only the truly deluded believe that now, it is recognised as a potential economic disaster for the UK.

Realistically, who had ever heard of Article 50 (whenever it was drafted), let alone read it, until it surfaced after the EU referendum. It wasn't like there was an advertising campaign to make us aware.

I wasn't old enough to vote that we join the EU in the first place, but knowing what I know now, it would have definitely been no, as it looks like a one-way street that once you're in you can't get back out.
jra

Postby Stooo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:42 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Dinkydoobie wrote:Number of Tory MPs went to see members of Polish governing party last week in Warsaw - broadly on same errand, namely to block Article 50 extension.

https://twitter.com/patrickwintour/stat ... 9830750208

Looks like the cat is well and truly out of the bag :whistle:

I suspect that won't happen.

Barnier has already indicated that the EU are willing to seriously consider an A50 extension - given a good reason for it from the UK. He will have already spoken to EU leaders before making that statement.

Bank is full of self-important shit - another Tim Wetherspoons. I woildn't believe a word he utters.

Yeah but Poland as well...

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby jra » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:51 pm

Maddog wrote:

It's all become a complete farce for both leavers and remainers.
jra

Postby Stooo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:54 pm

jra wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It's all become a complete farce for both leavers and remainers.

Once we were just people.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Crashing out or Never Ever Leaving? What to do hey?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cobs » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:06 pm

I've lost track of the numbers but with a last minute no-deal gun to their heads, would there be a HoC majority for revoke?
Cobs

Postby Stooo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:09 pm

Cobs wrote:I've lost track of the numbers but with a last minute no-deal gun to their heads, would there be a HoC majority for revoke?

We're aiming for a million on the streets on the 23rd, there's talk of a general strike and other unrest. We're fed up with firing off emails and being nice.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:16 pm

I've been saying it for a while .... hold onto your hats we're gonna crash!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:20 pm

Brexit: Beware – It’s all starting to stink of something else

When will the leadership at social media platform Facebook get it? When will they understand the scale of damage being done with its insidious and pernicious system of systematically promoting division, distrust and disharmony through the slow-burn destruction of democratic principles?

It is simply not a good enough defence to say that as a private company they can do anything they like as long as they don’t break the law.

Just last week, Facebook was exposed yet again accepting political ‘dark money’ to promote a hard Brexit. An Observer investigation found that the single biggest known British political advertiser on Facebook is a mysterious pro-Brexit campaign group pushing for a no-deal exit from the EU. Two weeks before, the same happened – more dark money poured into political campaigning for a hard-Brexit. Again, more being spent than all known campaigning groups combined.

As editor of TruePublica, I published a story about Brexit and added a paragraph about a book we are promoting – Brexit – A Corporate Coup D’Etat. That paragraph included a link to the publishers. That was enough for Facebook to email me and demand A) payment to promote the article and B) that I provide passport and proof of address – because this was clearly a “political advert sensitive to the national interest.”

And yet – SCL Elections/Cambridge Analytica had the full force of Facebook’s database to pump billions of targeted micro-ads to swing voters during the EU referendum and during a period where it was illegal to do so. That acceptance of ‘dark money’ and the organisations and individuals involved was exposed and its CEO Mark Zuckerberg summoned to appear before the British political system. He simply refused to answer any questions.

In the Observer’s article of last week, it was obvious what is going on.

“The sophisticated campaign includes thousands of individual pro-Brexit adverts, targeted at voters in the constituencies of selected MPs. The adverts urge voters to email their local representative and create the impression of a grassroots uprising for a no-deal Brexit. The MPs then receive emails, signed by a “concerned constituent”, demanding a hard Brexit. The emails do not mention the involvement of an organised campaign group.”

In the meantime, Sky News has just published its own investigative findings on the same subject. Its headline is: “Fake, foreign and far-right: Dodgy accounts uncove>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://www.globalresearch.ca/brexit-be ... se/5671301
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:26 pm

My own personal view I think I've said before is there is an agenda behind it all that we don't get to see ... last time I said this I got the usual CT bollox but I'll say it again ..... Big money wants the British economy and society deconstructing.
There will be npo public this that and the other .... libraries leisure centres health care police nothing as the economy and society are burned to the ground.
Fresh start.
The people will be so desperate they will accept the rescue plans whatever they may be but one thing in my mind is certain ... we will be able to compete with Vietnam China India etc etc with low even no tax for corporations no minimum wage no public services no unions no democracy.
Watch this space .... crash and burn.
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive