Pity the Nation: War Spending Is Bankrupting America

Pity the Nation: War Spending Is Bankrupting America

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:08 pm

Do you wish there was something you could do about it Maddog?
Like have someone to vote for to stop this kind of madness?

War spending is bankrupting America.

Our nation is being preyed upon by a military industrial complex that is propped up by war profiteers, corrupt politicians and foreign governments.

The White House wants taxpayers to accept that the only way to reduce the nation’s ballooning deficit is by cutting “entitlement” programs such as Social Security and Medicare, yet the glaring economic truth is that at the end of the day, it’s the military industrial complex—and not the sick, the elderly or the poor—that is pushing America towards bankruptcy.

We have become a debtor nation, and the government is sinking us deeper into debt with every passing day that it allows the military industrial complex to call the shots.

Simply put, the government cannot afford to maintain its over-extended military empire.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51270.htm
Rolluplostinspace

Re: Pity the Nation: War Spending Is Bankrupting America

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:12 pm

The American military-industrial complex has erected an empire unsurpassed in history in its breadth and scope, one dedicated to conducting perpetual warfare throughout the earth.
Having been co-opted by greedy defense contractors, corrupt politicians and incompetent government officials, America’s expanding military empire is bleeding the country dry at a rate of more than $32 million per hour.

In fact, the U.S. government has spent more money every five seconds in Iraq than the average American earns in a year.

That price gouging has become an accepted form of corruption within the American military empire is a sad statement on how little control “we the people” have over our runaway government.

Mind you, this isn’t just corrupt behavior. It’s deadly, downright immoral behavior.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:13 pm

The U.S. government is not making the world any safer. It’s making the world more dangerous. It is estimated that the U.S. military drops a bomb somewhere in the world every 12 minutes. Since 9/11, the United States government has directly contributed to the deaths of around 500,000. Every one of those deaths was paid for with taxpayer funds.

The U.S. government is not making America any safer. It’s exposing American citizens to alarming levels of blowback, a CIA term referring to the unintended consequences of the U.S. government’s international activities. Chalmers Johnson, a former CIA consultant, repeatedly warned that America’s use of its military to gain power over the global economy would result in devastating blowback.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:14 pm

All of this carnage is being carried out with the full support of the American people, or at least with the proxy that is our taxpayer dollars.

The government is destabilizing the economy, destroying the national infrastructure through neglect and a lack of resources, and turning taxpayer dollars into blood money with its endless wars, drone strikes and mounting death tolls.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:15 pm

We failed to heed Eisenhower’s warning.

The illicit merger of the armaments industry and the government that Eisenhower warned against has come to represent perhaps the greatest threat to the nation today.

It’s not sustainable, of course.

Eventually, inevitably, military empires fall and fail by spreading themselves too thin and spending themselves to death.

It happened in Rome. It’s happening again.

The America empire is already breaking down.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:18 pm

So much for draining the swamp.

Anyone who suggests that the military needs more money is either criminally clueless or equally corrupt, because the military isn’t suffering from lack of funding—it’s suffering from lack of proper oversight.

Where President Trump fits into that scenario, you decide.

Trump may turn out to be, as policy analyst Stan Collender warned, “the biggest deficit- and debt-increasing president of all time.”
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:19 pm

The White House wants taxpayers to accept that the only way to reduce the nation’s ballooning deficit is by cutting “entitlement” programs such as Social Security and Medicare, yet the glaring economic truth is that at the end of the day, it’s the military industrial complex—and not the sick, the elderly or the poor—that is pushing America towards bankruptcy.

We have become a debtor nation, and the government is sinking us deeper into debt with every passing day that it allows the military industrial complex to call the shots.

Simply put, the government cannot afford to maintain its over-extended military empire.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:20 pm

All to be found at this link but much more too. http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51270.htm
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:24 pm

Maddog don't you wish you could change it?
Don't you feel like screaming because you don't have and can't have a vote for it to stop for it to change?
To stop your country going down the shitter when it really really doesn't have too?>?

Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:54 pm

Is nine unanswered posts in a row a new record?

I have mentioned our debt hundreds of time on here.

I voted for someone who has balanced budgets before, and I support those that still try.

No I don't feel like yelling.

Why do you single me out for posts in the news section?

Your obsession with me is creepy. :ooer:
Maddog

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:06 pm

You get singled out because .... you're fucking American!
Guess what I single Tom out as well!
That means in American ... you're not getting fucking singled out!
You posts about debt are always linked to borrowing to pay for pensions and other benefits and entitlements not the fucking big elephant in the room that is crippling your nation and will cripple the world.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:24 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:You get singled out because .... you're fucking American!
Guess what I single Tom out as well!
That means in American ... you're not getting fucking singled out!
You posts about debt are always linked to borrowing to pay for pensions and other benefits and entitlements not the fucking big elephant in the room that is crippling your nation and will cripple the world.

I have mentioned my desire to close our bases around the world and pull out of the UN and NATO.

Our war machine is too expensive.

I guess you missed those in your frothing obsession over another poster.

Post your fucking a "news" stories and leave my name out of your mouth, OK you little fucking weirdo? :more beer:
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:28 pm

Johnson believes it "is important to have a strong defense both at home and abroad," and that the "military should remain the most potent force for good on Earth," but believes the greatest threat to national security at present is that "we're bankrupt." He would include a 43% cut to the military's budget in his proposed balanced budget by concentrating on defense, rather than offense.He has stated: "When you talk about a 43 percent reduction in military spending, that's going back to 2003 funding levels, not the end of the world".He advocates making "better use of military alliances which allow greater sharing of the human and financial burdens at less cost of protecting national interests.

Maybe you heard of this guy. It's who I voted for. Me and about 5% of the country. I'm betting the author of your article did too. :dafinger:
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:49 pm

American foreign policy should seek an America at peace with the world. Our foreign policy should emphasize defense against attack from abroad and enhance the likelihood of peace by avoiding foreign entanglements. We would end the current U.S. government policy of foreign intervention, including military and economic aid. We recognize the right of all people to resist tyranny and defend themselves and their rights. We condemn the use of force, and especially the use of terrorism, against the innocent, regardless of whether such acts are committed by governments or by political or revolutionary groups.

https://www.lp.org/platform/

Maybe you have heard of this party? Maybe you have heard me mention my support for them. Maybe you have heard the author of your link support them?

Maybe you should take a little time out in your obsession over me, and spend a modicum of time trying to understand my stance, before you go blabbering like a school girl, in a complete misrepresentation of my positions?

If you have a question about one of my stances, just ask. I will tell you how I feel, without worrying one iota over you approving of them. At least that way, you will get my positions correct. :thumbsup:
Maddog

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:29 am

"fund an army one year, maybe two, but never three years! the burden imposed upon the People will devastate the economy quicker than plague, and pestilence" Sun Tzu. that has been known for millennia!
art0hur0moh

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs