Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:03 pm

measurer wrote:You saw one? Four have been rounded up so far...

Were there four shooters?

I'm not saying there weren't but from what I saw, there was one shooter who ran amuck for about 17 minutes unopposed. He had time to walk back to the car, change rifles, and start shooting the people he wounded earlier. He literally had time to make a cup of tea.

I think NZ has some fairly decent laws in terms of guns, and banning more of them will just make the lunatics use trucks or bombs, while the non lunatics are harassed a bit more based on some unsubstantiated claim about "safety".
Maddog

Postby wutang » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:09 pm

Guest wrote:Grotesque how some attempt to exploit this tradgedy to attempt to score political points.

wutang

Postby Cannydc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:12 pm

Maddog wrote:
measurer wrote:You saw one? Four have been rounded up so far...

Were there four shooters?

I'm not saying there weren't but from what I saw, there was one shooter who ran amuck for about 17 minutes unopposed. He had time to walk back to the car, change rifles, and start shooting the people he wounded earlier. He literally had time to make a cup of tea.

I think NZ has some fairly decent laws in terms of guns, and banning more of them will just make the lunatics use trucks or bombs, while the non lunatics are harassed a bit more based on some unsubstantiated claim about "safety".

A fourth person who was arrested was "a member of the public" who was later released,
Cannydc

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:14 pm

Not sure what it says about us (this forum, and/or the West), but Muslims being killing in a Mosque is hardly an unusual event. It is in Western countries, but not in more Muslim countries. We don't seem to signal our virtue quite as hard when a bomb goes off in a Mosque in Pakistan and kills a few dozen folks. We don't seem to care. It definitely wouldn't be a very active thread on this forum, if someone were to post about it. :dunno:
Maddog

Postby Cannydc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:16 pm

US President Donald Trump has said he doesn't believe white nationalism is a rising threat.

Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office, he said: "I don't really. I think it's a small group of people."

The president also said he had not seen the document posted online in which the suspected Christchurch gunman praised Trump as "a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose".

Oh dear...
Cannydc

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:19 pm

Maddog wrote:Not sure what it says about us (this forum, and/or the West), but Muslims being killing in a Mosque is hardly an unusual event. It is in Western countries, but not in more Muslim countries. We don't seem to signal our virtue quite as hard when a bomb goes off in a Mosque in Pakistan and kills a few dozen folks. We don't seem to care. It definitely wouldn't be a very active thread on this forum, if someone were to post about it. :dunno:

Perhaps because the far-right have for years been peddling the narrative that white/Christian folks are superior - and so we are duly appalled.
McAz

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:21 pm

Cannydc wrote:US President Donald Trump has said he doesn't believe white nationalism is a rising threat.

Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office, he said: "I don't really. I think it's a small group of people."

The president also said he had not seen the document posted online in which the suspected Christchurch gunman praised Trump as "a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose".

Oh dear...

And yet...

Right-wing terrorists killed three times more people in US than Islamists in past decade with attacks soaring in 2018, report says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/right-wing-terrorists-murder-far-right-islamist-anti-defamation-league-adl-a8742476.html
McAz

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:30 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
measurer wrote:

No, guns need taken off the street. Farmers and those who require them of course would be exempt from this, but it's far too easy to get a hold of one these days.

I only saw one guy on the streets with a gun. Seemed like he had free reign.

Do you remember how a gun rights advocacy group in Texas tried to show how the Charlie Hebdoe attack would have gone differently if there was 'a good guy with a gun'?

I'll remind you: Inviting press from across the nation a gun rights advocacy group re-ran the Charlie Hebdoe scenario with some of the victims being armed and ready to respond to the threat with deadly force time and time again, until everyone was intimately familiar with every wrinkle in the scenario. The results were pretty conclusive in that in only one rerun scenario was one of the terrorist killed - and in that same scenario extra victims were killed by friendly fire. As an own goal it was pretty spectacular.

I remember your post.

I'd still rather be able to shoot back.

Carry on - the terrorist will shoot at the guy with the gun first.
Cactus Jack

Postby wutang » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:33 pm

Maddog wrote:Not sure what it says about us (this forum, and/or the West), but Muslims being killing in a Mosque is hardly an unusual event. It is in Western countries, but not in more Muslim countries. We don't seem to signal our virtue quite as hard when a bomb goes off in a Mosque in Pakistan and kills a few dozen folks. We don't seem to care. It definitely wouldn't be a very active thread on this forum, if someone were to post about it. :dunno:

No one on this forum shares the views that a bomber in Pakistan would hold.

The same cannot be said of the kind of Islamophobic and anti-immigrant shit that fuelled the hate seen in New Zealand today.
wutang

Postby MungoBrush » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:56 pm

McAz wrote:Fuck off, Bungle, you disgusting little man. :shake head:

Do you know any words with more than 4 letters?
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:59 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
McAz wrote:Fuck off, Bungle, you disgusting little man. :shake head:

Do you know any words with more than 4 letters?

Still celebrating, Mongrel? :shake head:
McAz

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:01 pm

wutang wrote:

The same cannot be said of the kind of Islamophobic and anti-immigrant shit that fuelled the hate seen in New Zealand today.

His manefesto was left wing communist, eco warrior.

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:34 pm

wutang wrote:

Maybe.........

But we don't have anyone on here that really gives a shit what happens in Pakistan, so it stands to reason that no one would share the views of a Pakistan bomber.

But more importantly, I don't think anyone on here is talking about using killing people as some sort of solution. Regardless of their political stripe.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
measurer wrote:

No, guns need taken off the street. Farmers and those who require them of course would be exempt from this, but it's far too easy to get a hold of one these days.

I only saw one guy on the streets with a gun. Seemed like he had free reign.

Do you remember how a gun rights advocacy group in Texas tried to show how the Charlie Hebdoe attack would have gone differently if there was 'a good guy with a gun'?

I'll remind you: Inviting press from across the nation a gun rights advocacy group re-ran the Charlie Hebdoe scenario with some of the victims being armed and ready to respond to the threat with deadly force time and time again, until everyone was intimately familiar with every wrinkle in the scenario. The results were pretty conclusive in that in only one rerun scenario was one of the terrorist killed - and in that same scenario extra victims were killed by friendly fire. As an own goal it was pretty spectacular.

I remember your post.

I'd still rather be able to shoot back.

Carry on - the terrorist will shoot at the guy with the gun first.

Correct. And maybe another guy. But he won't see that third guy sneaking up behind him and the event is over in 17 seconds, not minutes.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:39 pm

McAz wrote:
Cannydc wrote:US President Donald Trump has said he doesn't believe white nationalism is a rising threat.

Oh dear...

And yet...

Right-wing terrorists killed three times more people in US than Islamists in past decade with attacks soaring in 2018, report says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/right-wing-terrorists-murder-far-right-islamist-anti-defamation-league-adl-a8742476.html

Well, white people kill more people period.

And get the most speeding tickets.

Donate the most organs.

Drink more whiskey.

Attend more NASCAR races.

We are a majority you know. Especially when compared to the adherents of Big Mo's teachings :leer:
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs