Trips and holidays 2019

A right load of bollocks...

Trips and holidays 2019

Postby Cleopatra » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:55 am

I have a trip to bonny Scotland planned (Edinburgh) and am really looking forward to it as I have never been. We have also booked Greece for later in the year.

Little trips, events and vacations dotted throughout the year are important for your well-being and do not have to cost a lot. There are plenty of free festivals and events throughout the summer to keep the kids occupied. When mine were little, I often used to pack a picnic and go off into the countryside for the day.

The planning and run up can give you the feelgood factor, especially if you're in the middle of a hellish shift at work.

Has anyone got any holidays planned?
Cleopatra

Re: Trips and holidays 2019

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:01 am

Lake District in a few weeks, taking pooch, same for Yorkshire Dales and Scotland breaks later in the year. Also doing Barbados for our wedding anniversary in October half term, not sure where for summer yet.

Postby Vam » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:21 am

Cleopatra wrote:I have a trip to bonny Scotland planned (Edinburgh) and am really looking forward to it as I have never been. We have also booked Greece for later in the year.

Little trips, events and vacations dotted throughout the year are important for your well-being and do not have to cost a lot. There are plenty of free festivals and events throughout the summer to keep the kids occupied. When mine were little, I often used to pack a picnic and go off into the countryside for the day.

The planning and run up can give you the feelgood factor, especially if you're in the middle of a hellish shift at work.

I thought you'd already been and gone and done it :wink: My one regret in all the years I lived in London, was never finding the time to explore at least a bit of Scotland - especially the West coast.
Vam

Postby Frankly » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:10 pm

Vam wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:I have a trip to bonny Scotland planned (Edinburgh) and am really looking forward to it as I have never been. We have also booked Greece for later in the year.

I thought you'd already been and gone and done it :wink: My one regret in all the years I lived in London, was never finding the time to explore at least a bit of Scotland - especially the West coast.

Scotland really is a sight to behold. Breathtakingly beautiful. :smilin:
Frankly

Postby Niv » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:02 pm

I'm going to the Turks & Caicos Islands in August :dream:
Niv

Postby Cleopatra » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:03 pm

Vam wrote:

I got my way and hotel it is. :more beer: I am one of those tourists who Ooh and Ah and get in everyone's way. My daughter has done an itinerary eyebrow , which will barely give me time to breathe.
Cleopatra

Postby Cleopatra » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:05 pm

Niv wrote:I'm going to the Turks & Caicos Islands in August :dream:

That will be amazing. I really fancy St Lucia, or any one of the Caribbean islands. One day... :smilin:

Just saw you are dreaming, stick it on your bucket list!
Cleopatra

Postby Niv » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:19 pm

Cleopatra wrote:

That will be amazing. I really fancy St Lucia, or any one of the Caribbean islands. One day... :smilin:

It's a lovely place :thumbsup:

I really hope you do fulfil your chance of getting to the Caribbean, once you've been you'll want to go back. My Mammy and Daddy went, and loved it, the next trip they went and brought a villa. So we all go out and use it.

The dream smiley is there for I can't wait to go back there, as it's been bloody freezing and bucketing it down here, and I've got soaked most of the day :bawlin:
Niv

Postby Niv » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:27 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
Vam wrote:

I got my way and hotel it is. :more beer: I am one of those tourists who Ooh and Ah and get in everyone's way. My daughter has done an itinerary eyebrow , which will barely give me time to breathe.

Scotland is a lovely :wubbers: I've had a chuckle at your post. I have got visions of you being a Ooh and Ah tourist on the itinerary and taking photos whilst being frogmarched along by an exasperated daughter. You'll certainly get to see plenty of it with an itinerary :laughing:

You'll have a lovely time :thumbsup:
Niv

Postby Nucks » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:34 pm

My savings are still going toward residence applications in 2 years, but we might start doing small excursions as ramblers. :mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby measurer » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:43 pm

Nucks wrote:My savings are still going toward residence applications in 2 years, but we might start doing small excursions as ramblers. :mrgreen:

Bloody scandal that we need to pay for them now. My H.O stamp is still fine but advised to get BRP before my stamps fades beyond recognition! Another money making scheme put in with Brexshit.
measurer

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:34 pm

Filey here we come................................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby measurer » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:10 pm

Cleo? When you're up here, make sure to visit the hidden streets. Mary King's Close is one of the tours. You go in through the Council Offices. Some good storytellers there, so good that the old couple next to me were engrossed in the talk of hauntings, so I reached around the man's back in the gloomy room, and gently tugged on his raincoat! You saw the blood drain from his face, and then him frantically telling the wife some ghost had just pulled at him!

How I kept my face straight I'll never know!!!! :pmsl:
measurer

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:11 am

Cleopatra wrote:

St Lucia is something I’ve often thought about too.

Postby George » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:27 pm

Just finished a holiday in Costa Rica, lovely place. We saw loads of wildlife including a sloth that you could almost touch, most of the time the were up in the trees. One place had howler monkeys and white face monkeys in the grounds, I nearly had my bag snatched by one. Lots of really pretty birds but despite hearing them we did not get to see a toucan.
George

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms