Emotions!

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Emotions!

Postby Stooo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:44 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:
God no. I've only just got to it. I did watch Bohemian Rhapsody tonight and I got a bit damp myself... :oops:

Eyes or pants?

Only happy events seem to bring a tear to my eye, even total strangers being proud at achieving something worthwhile.

Btw, am I the only one thinking the opening post was a light-hearted one about what random trivia sets people off, and not 'a serious thread discussing mental wellbeing'? :dunno:

Eyes, what's not to love about Queen and their music?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:00 pm

Stooo wrote:Eyes, what's not to love about Queen and their music?

It's a very good film - were you getting all misty eyed and nostalgic?

Did you ever see them live?

I never did, and wasn't a huge fan, but appreciated Freddie as being a fantastic showman. I loved the Metropolis video for Radio Ga Ga though.
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:51 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:Eyes, what's not to love about Queen and their music?

It's a very good film - were you getting all misty eyed and nostalgic?

Did you ever see them live?

I never did, and wasn't a huge fan, but appreciated Freddie as being a fantastic showman. I loved the Metropolis video for Radio Ga Ga though.

Sadly I never did. I wore out a Queen Greatest Hits cassette in the stereo of my Morris Marina though :pmsl:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:07 am

Listening to radio 2 in the car on the way home yesterday morning, they were doing a show on Mother’s Day, the messages and songs were really sweet. Brought a gulp to the throat.
Lady Murasaki

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:08 am

Holly wrote:What I have learned,is that if your intuition tells you somethings wrong, nine times out of ten, it usually is.
I'm really sad sometimes and can't put my finger on it as to why only to find out a short time after that something sad around me has happened. We are all a bit psychic we just don't acknowledge it. We keep ignoring our own 6th sense and think it's nonsense...it actually isn't.

never ignored it, just never understood it. I think there are some People who can even efect the local weather.
art0hur0moh

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:48 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
Holly wrote:What I have learned,is that if your intuition tells you somethings wrong, nine times out of ten, it usually is.
I'm really sad sometimes and can't put my finger on it as to why only to find out a short time after that something sad around me has happened. We are all a bit psychic we just don't acknowledge it. We keep ignoring our own 6th sense and think it's nonsense...it actually isn't.

never ignored it, just never understood it. I think there are some People who can even efect the local weather.

Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:51 am

Red Okktober wrote:
Btw, am I the only one thinking the opening post was a light-hearted one about what random trivia sets people off, and not 'a serious thread discussing mental wellbeing'? :dunno:

Nope.

Certain music and TV/films can get you emotional because of the association of them with real-life events in a person's life.

I wouldn't class that as a mental health problem.
jra

Postby Abs » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:38 am

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:
God no. I've only just got to it. I did watch Bohemian Rhapsody tonight and I got a bit damp myself... :oops:

Eyes or pants?

Only happy events seem to bring a tear to my eye, even total strangers being proud at achieving something worthwhile.

Do you think this is a serious thread discussing mental well being? I think she was just interested if others get so emotional over such trivial shit!
Abs

Postby Gabby » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:58 pm

Abs wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Eyes or pants?

Do you think this is a serious thread discussing mental well being? I think she was just interested if others get so emotional over such trivial shit!

Well yes, that was the plan! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:03 pm

Gabby wrote:
Abs wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Eyes or pants?

There was a plan? :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:06 pm

Stooo wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Abs wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Eyes or pants?

Wondering if anyone else was a big soft crybaby?.... yes! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Abs » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:42 am

Gabby wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Abs wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Eyes or pants?

Wondering if anyone else was a big soft crybaby?.... yes! :thumbsup:

You are not alone there, but not sure how many are willing to admit it. I'm an extremely sensitive person and am touched very easily and the tears well up in my eyes. :bawlin:
Abs

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:44 am

art0hur0moh

Postby Gabby » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:15 pm

I watched the film ‘Rex’ last night, based on a true story...... so of course, my eyes were leaking! :facepalm:
Gabby

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug