Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

A right load of bollocks...

Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:55 am

English judge says man having sex with wife is 'fundamental human right'

sensible stance or rape apology?

I think it's a dangerous precedent to use words that equate the use of another person's body with a human right, it's an interesting case for sure with lots of elements, the innability to give consent, and the rights of a man to take that as consent - echoes of the too drunk to give consent argument

“I cannot think of any more obviously fundamental human right than the right of a man to have sex with his wife – and the right of the state to monitor that,” he said. “I think he is entitled to have it properly argued.”

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/ap ... uman-right

I can see this causing ructions, and not without good reason
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby Vam » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:39 am

A bit Handmaid's Tale, tbh :ooer:
Vam

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:42 am

Since when did this place care about rape or things that may be a bit dodgy.

We’ve got Dean saying he wants to drug and overpower a woman who clearly doesn’t like it and has said so but you’re all fine with that and laugh at her over it.

Attitudes do need to change re rape but I’d start by looking a bit closer to home. Otherwise it seems a bit fake.

Postby Niv » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:46 am

HobbitFeet wrote:English judge says man having sex with wife is 'fundamental human right'

sensible stance or rape apology?

I think it's a dangerous precedent to use words that equate the use of another person's body with a human right, it's an interesting case for sure with lots of elements, the innability to give consent, and the rights of a man to take that as consent - echoes of the too drunk to give consent argument

“I cannot think of any more obviously fundamental human right than the right of a man to have sex with his wife – and the right of the state to monitor that,” he said. “I think he is entitled to have it properly argued.”

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/ap ... uman-right

I can see this causing ructions, and not without good reason

I sincerely hope it does cause ructions. These judges are a fecking menace with cases such as this. Sex without consent is rape! All of these 'grey area' cases are destructive. Changes to legislation regarding 'conjucal rights' were amended to prevent sex being used as Domestic Abuse. Gone are the days that a man/woman, husband/wife or otherwise has the right force a woman/man into having sex against their will, or without consent. Cases such as this will undermine all that has been introduced to 'stamp' out abuse. It will be used as a precedent to pave the way for abusers to avoid consequences.

If this woman is not in a position to give consent,with deteriorating communication measures, then she should not be placed in the position, of engaging against her will. Rulings should be put in place to prevent that, and to protect her from that happening.
Niv

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:47 am

Guest wrote:Since when did this place care about rape or things that may be a bit dodgy.

We’ve got Dean saying he wants to drug and overpower a woman who clearly doesn’t like it and has said so but you’re all fine with that and laugh at her over it.

Attitudes do need to change re rape but I’d start by looking a bit closer to home. Otherwise it seems a bit fake.

seriously?

you use a serious real life legal situation and something that might set a precedent as to how women's bodies are viewed as property and use it to troll

and it's us that need to look closer to home?
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:49 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Guest wrote:Since when did this place care about rape or things that may be a bit dodgy.

seriously?

you use a serious real life legal situation and something that might set a precedent as to how women's bodies are viewed as property and use it to troll

Pointing out your disgusting hypocrisy is trolling now is it? How convenient.

Postby Niv » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:50 am

Have a word with yourself :roll:
Niv

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:51 am

Niv wrote:

Have a word with yourself :roll:

And like clockwork, in jumps Niv to defend Dean and defend hobbsy’s hypocrisy. LMFAO.

Postby Niv » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:53 am

HobbitFeet wrote:

seriously?

The mind boggles on here at some, it really does. It's usually idiots that post such shite,who moan on here, that there are never opportunities for discussion or debate.
Niv

Postby Niv » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:55 am

Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

seriously?

What are your views on the actual topic of the thread?
Niv

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:00 am

HobbitFeet wrote:

seriously?

I’m deadly serious and it’s not a troll. Rape or creepy inappropriate men acting like arseholes towards women especially when they talk about overpowering them concerns me.

Take a step back and see how it’s looks.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:01 am

Niv wrote:
Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

seriously?

What are your views on the actual topic of the thread?

That’s it, deflect deflect deflect. LOL.

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:06 am

It’s just another attempt to derail a thread and turn it in to the same old tired argument that has been going on for over a year.
The guest can’t dislike hobbit and dean that much when all he wants to do is turn every discussion to one about them. :roll:

As for the actual topic. It’s a difficult one. The phrasing is completely wrong. It is not a human right. Does that mean a women who says she has a headache is denying him a human right? Shitty way to phrase it.

But it’s impossible to comment on the case with so little information.
NastyNickers

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:09 am

I think it boils down to the wife's diminishing ability to give consent

the whole case is an ethical minefield - will the wife enjoy sex any less than she did just because she has dementia (I presume)? is it taking away her rights by denying her sex too?

my problem with it all though is this description of a man's fundamental right to have sex with his wife, and the whole legal precedent that such dangerous words could set
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Cleopatra » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:14 am

I'd bet that after all the arguments in court are heard, the judge will amend his words and make the correct judgement.
Cleopatra

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms