skins

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: skins

Postby Abs » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:37 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:I'm pretty much the same these days. I haven't been in a club since the '80s. I wish I could go back there now, the '80s is not the clubs. I like to watch people perform them dances, too classy for me.

there is a Womanfrom zimbabwi who says. "if You can talk You can sing, if You can walk You can dance." I have always liked the idea that dancing and singing where a spiritual expression to glorify the Divinity of Creation. I try do a bit of both each day. even if it is just making a rythmic tune, or not. and a wee couple of steps to and fro, a bounce, skip and a hop added in every so often.

I remeber it was Nucks now, I didn't know Dean experience the same.

hmm don't know if I agree with that woman. I can talk but I can't sing. Walking not so easy for me with my Arthritis on my spine and both hips and both knees. I'm afraid my skipping and hopping days are over too. :smilin:
Abs

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:46 am

Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:I'm pretty much the same these days. I haven't been in a club since the '80s. I wish I could go back there now, the '80s is not the clubs. I like to watch people perform them dances, too classy for me.

there is a Womanfrom zimbabwi who says. "if You can talk You can sing, if You can walk You can dance." I have always liked the idea that dancing and singing where a spiritual expression to glorify the Divinity of Creation. I try do a bit of both each day. even if it is just making a rythmic tune, or not. and a wee couple of steps to and fro, a bounce, skip and a hop added in every so often.

hmm don't know if I agree with that woman. I can talk but I can't sing. Walking not so easy for me with my Arthritis on my spine and both hips and both knees. I'm afraid my skipping and hopping days are over too. :smilin:

Childrens uncle has a neurological disorder. by twenty when under the influence of alcohol it rendered Him incapable of balancing. the first time He visited His head punched a hole in one of the glass doors I had in the House. almost sliced the top of His head off. a perfect hole puched out the glass panel a bit larger than His head. He has lived a mostly sedentry life causing all joints he dosen't use to ceaze up! and they blame His condition for not doing anyting for Him Self? My Mum also has sever arthritis in Her fingers. I know with bone degredation it is a different story. with the lack of use of joints it becomes far more noticible! I no longer slouch on couches!

I have a high stool I need to actually use muscles in many parts of the body from toes to shoulders to remain up right and comfortable. I do often move. I noticed a few years ago sitting using My elbow to support My upper body on My knee while seated in a table chair was causing stress on both My knee and elbow. I still get pins and neddles if I rest My elbow on a surface for longer then 30 minuets. generally I apply My body weight on it which also puts strees on the bone. I have always been pulled up on My posture since I was a Boy.

Consideration of motion should be at the forefront of every ones mind. from How You place Your foot on the ground to How You swing Your arms. Do You have a warm up, strech and cardio routine? just something that gets Your joints moving in a precise manner on aregular basis?
art0hur0moh

Postby Abs » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:13 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

Childrens uncle has a neurological disorder. by twenty when under the influence of alcohol it rendered Him incapable of balancing. the first time He visited His head punched a hole in one of the glass doors I had in the House. almost sliced the top of His head off. a perfect hole puched out the glass panel a bit larger than His head. He has lived a mostly sedentry life causing all joints he dosen't use to ceaze up! and they blame His condition for not doing anyting for Him Self? My Mum also has sever arthritis in Her fingers. I know with bone degredation it is a different story. with the lack of use of joints it becomes far more noticible! I no longer slouch on couches!

I have a high stool I need to actually use muscles in many parts of the body from toes to shoulders to remain up right and comfortable. I do often move. I noticed a few years ago sitting using My elbow to support My upper body on My knee while seated in a table chair was causing stress on both My knee and elbow. I still get pins and neddles if I rest My elbow on a surface for longer then 30 minuets. generally I apply My body weight on it which also puts strees on the bone. I have always been pulled up on My posture since I was a Boy.

Consideration of motion should be at the forefront of every ones mind. from How You place Your foot on the ground to How You swing Your arms. Do You have a warm up, strech and cardio routine? just something that gets Your joints moving in a precise manner on aregular basis?

I really can't do much, but the one thing I can do without too much pain is stationary bike riding. I have 2, one regular and then a recumbent bike. The recumbent bike is not working right, the lowest setting is way too hard and it shouldn't be. So I'm only able to ride 2 miles at a time on that one and 5 on the other. But I do them 2-3 times a day, just to keep moving.
Abs

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:28 am

Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

I really can't do much, but the one thing I can do without too much pain is stationary bike riding. I have 2, one regular and then a recumbent bike. The recumbent bike is not working right, the lowest setting is way too hard and it shouldn't be. So I'm only able to ride 2 miles at a time on that one and 5 on the other. But I do them 2-3 times a day, just to keep moving.

I don't really mean execise as such. more along the lines of quigong. natural movement that doesn't cause stress or strain. at least not till the end of a routine and not where there is a significant threshold of pain. to little You feel bored, to much You feel anxious. You want to stay in between. the more fun You can have the greater the effects. especially in company where there is playful competition.
art0hur0moh

Postby Abs » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:07 am

I've never heard of Quigong, I will have to look that up.
Abs

Postby Abs » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:17 am

Abs wrote:I've never heard of Quigong, I will have to look that up.

I looked it up and it's Qigong no 'u'. I see that Tai Chi is a form of Qigong But Tai chi and Qigong have different movements and Tai chi is a martial art while Qigong is purely for healing.
Abs

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:18 pm

Abs wrote:

I looked it up and it's Qigong no 'u'. I see that Tai Chi is a form of Qigong But Tai chi and Qigong have different movements and Tai chi is a martial art while Qigong is purely for healing.

:yikes: a Q without a U. that just ain't Queens english :snooty:

like both, there is also sufism, indian dance, and many other ancient excersises, including th wvarious poses in islamic prayer. one thing they do is place their brow to the ground earthing the Mind during prayers. which to Me seems quite smart!?
art0hur0moh

Postby Abs » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:20 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:

like both, there is also sufism, indian dance, and many other ancient excersises, including th wvarious poses in islamic prayer. one thing they do is place their brow to the ground earthing the Mind during prayers. which to Me seems quite smart!?

Well, I suppose that because Qi gong and Tai chi are from China and they don't use the Queen's English there.
Abs

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:58 am

Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:

Well, I suppose that because Qi gong and Tai chi are from China and they don't use the Queen's English there.

it was just after I got pulled up again for spelling errors. or maybe punctuation? it isn't as if english is a language any way. Qi and Chi are the same thing, I think they are just different Chinese dialects?
art0hur0moh

Postby Abs » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:29 am

One is a form of the other. I forget which one is which. :smilin:
Abs

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue May 14, 2019 5:09 pm

how You feeling today? :smilin:
art0hur0moh

Postby Abs » Sun May 19, 2019 7:19 am

art0hur0moh wrote:how You feeling today? :smilin:

Hi Art, Today, is much better than the last several, so my answer is, I'm feeling ok thanks. :smilin:
Abs

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:45 am

Abs wrote:

Hi Art, Today, is much better than the last several, so my answer is, I'm feeling ok thanks. :smilin:

a wee catch up? :Hiya:
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:47 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:

wow, hardly a fortnight has passed? feels like ages :ooer:
art0hur0moh

Postby Abs » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:49 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:

wow, hardly a fortnight has passed? feels like ages :ooer:

Sorry Art, not been able to get online Capt for my phone. My computer isn't working and it's too doing forums on a phone is more bother than it's worth.
Abs

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug