Apple bollox

UFOs, new tech, it all goes in here. Have you tried switching it off and back on ?

Apple bollox

Postby McAz » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:31 pm

Okay, I know Apple are crap and deserve to go broke and the CEO shot at dawn...

...but I need a small tablet for music making purposes and the only viable one is...

...the new IPad Mini 5 - which I have just bought.

I am announcing this before Stooo gets the chance to get on my back because Apple are crap and deserve to go broke and the CEO shot at dawn etc. :laughing:
McAz

Re: Apple bollox

Postby Stooo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:59 pm

Calm down lad, you're just feeling like a leaver does when confronted with facts.

I'll get the 'I Told You So!' tee shirt to you before you can type 'return item' :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:30 pm

You cannot know my shame...
McAz

Postby Stooo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:44 pm

Tablets have been really bad for Android which is a shame. I still have my Nexus 7 but it has display issues and now I use a Huawei T3 which does much the same thing five years later, the same with Wear that has been recently abandoned. I'm quite happy with AndroidONE on the phone though.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Stooo wrote:Tablets have been really bad for Android which is a shame. I still have my Nexus 7 but it has display issues and now I use a Huawei T3 which does much the same thing five years later, the same with Wear that has been recently abandoned. I'm quite happy with AndroidONE on the phone though.

I had a Huawei tablet, they are excellent - but as you suggest, Android is better for phones. We have an Honor (Huawei) phone and it’s far better than our earlier iPhone. Missus uses it for everything - I use it for TomTom - it sticks to a magnet in the car - costs next to bugger all for live traffic and maps.

I looked at the new Huawei M5 tablet in preference to this but the apps I needed just weren’t there - so IOS It must be.
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:51 am

McHenry wrote:...but I need a small tablet for music making purposes and the only viable one is...

Struggling?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby McAz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:58 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McHenry wrote:...but I need a small tablet for music making purposes and the only viable one is...

Struggling?

I'm certainly struggling to make anything - this is my last desperate attempt to rejuvenate my interest.
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:59 pm

McHenry wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Struggling?

I'm certainly struggling to make anything - this is my last desperate attempt to rejuvenate my interest.

Hope you can lift off and get some creative juices going.
I've come to a dead stop.
Always seems like a dead end with nothing working and all hope of it ever doing again gone but the dead end for some reason or other magically evaporates and it starts to flow again to some degree or other.
Seems to be something we have absolutely no control over.
I have a half interesting piece going on but its with the keyboard and Ableton .... I can't find the power pack and lead for the keyboard. There is no reason it should be missing other than the 2 year old who stays at least once a week having a habit of going places she shouldn't and liberating stuff that doesn't need liberating and placing it in the bin .... it's all I can think.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby McAz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:25 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McHenry wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Struggling?

Always seems like a dead end with nothing working and all hope of it ever doing again gone but the dead end for some reason or other magically evaporates and it starts to flow again to some degree or other.
I have a half interesting piece going on but its with the keyboard and Ableton .... I can't find the power pack and lead for the keyboard. There is no reason it should be missing other than the 2 year old who stays at least once a week having a habit of going places she shouldn't and liberating stuff that doesn't need liberating and placing it in the bin .... it's all I can think.

It's my last throw of the dice - my hearing + tinnitus does not bode well.

I have a drawer full of old power supplies - no idea what they're for. Can the keyboard not power off USB, most midi controller keyboards can?
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:59 pm

McHenry wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McHenry wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Struggling?

It's my last throw of the dice - my hearing + tinnitus does not bode well.

I have a drawer full of old power supplies - no idea what they're for. Can the keyboard not power off USB, most midi controller keyboards can?

Well fuck me sideways with a yard brush!
I just went to have a look.
The USB lead has been pulled out.
I've searched and searched for a nonexistent power lead.
How can ... I must be getting ald timers disease.
So glad I mentioned it to you.
My wifes face says so much just now ...... :woteva: But .... :yess:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:25 am

What a fucking knobber!
I can't believe I have spent weeks without my beloved keyboard midi controller come piano come synth come many more things.
Tonight it has been a mood machine.
I have had my headphones on playing sweeping gentle sounds with aggressive satanic echoing deep pit sounds and some wonderful base whilst filling up with whisky.
I cannot believe I made such a fucking dumb mistake ..... well I can but you know .... Cheers Henry for rescuing me.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:46 am

:laughing:

Good news!
McAz

Postby Gabby » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:36 pm

McHenry wrote:Okay, I know Apple are crap and deserve to go broke and the CEO shot at dawn...

...but I need a small tablet for music making purposes and the only viable one is...

I am announcing this before Stooo gets the chance to get on my back because Apple are crap and deserve to go broke and the CEO shot at dawn etc. :laughing:

I have the iPad and iPhone.... never had a problem and wouldn’t change! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby McAz » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:42 pm

Gabby wrote:
McHenry wrote:Okay, I know Apple are crap and deserve to go broke and the CEO shot at dawn...

I have the iPad and iPhone.... never had a problem and wouldn’t change! :mrgreen:

iPads are probably the best tablets (I now have two since my post) - iPhone, hmm - prefer Android.

Had fours iMac & Macbooks in my time, all of which suffered hardware failures. Everything Apple is overpriced - but needs must for the iPads.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:26 pm

McHenry wrote:
Gabby wrote:

iPads are probably the best tablets (I now have two since my post) - iPhone, hmm - prefer Android.

Had fours iMac & Macbooks in my time, all of which suffered hardware failures. Everything Apple is overpriced - but needs must for the iPads.

Ditching the Nexus series of tablets was a huge problem to a growing userbase. I would have gladly upgraded to raw Android or Android 1 on a Nexus machine.
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to Science And Technology