People's Vote March

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Activists' Diary

Postby Niv » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:53 pm

Stooo wrote:A chilly morning in Torquay, we set up the stall to get ready for the start at ten.

I've done street stalls in the past for the Lib Dems and they were jolly affairs with balloons and shit, this one started with instructions on what do do if physically attacked :ooer:
Stall set up I got my pack and started with my smile set to heartbreaking and my attitude to friendly, shit, I lived here for most of my life, I know these people. The first two dozen times that I got told to fuck off were the hardest, I got called a traitor, a nazi and one very angry man with an English Bull terrier got quite animated and very shouty, very very shouty! Then the local Kipper flash mob turned up with placards, shouted a bit and fucked off.

I stayed until one and had some really great conversations with people sympathetic to a Peoples Vote including some leavers who had jumped the lines, I got a few signups for our local group and kept the Brexitometer busy :mrgreen:

You're to be admired for your passion, and dedication to getting the truth out there. Having spoken with people back home, there is an awful lot of hostility brewing. It seems to be wrong now to say we don't want to exit from the EU as we fare better in it. I think things are going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. Sad really, but our destiny seems to be in the hands of morons. God help us.
Niv

Postby Stooo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:31 pm

Niv wrote:You're to be admired for your passion, and dedication to getting the truth out there. Having spoken with people back home, there is an awful lot of hostility brewing. It seems to be wrong now to say we don't want to exit from the EU as we fare better in it. I think things are going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. Sad really, but our destiny seems to be in the hands of morons. God help us.

Thanks Niv, it's words like yours that keep me and other people going. All support is welcome be it buying a badge, joining a local FB or twitter group, sending a couple of quid to a local org. or being part of a physical presence. Together we truly are stronger.

A few people today mentioned that they had signed the online petition and that (along with the last march) filled some Westminster underpants, after we get through this crap then it's time for some serious debate and decision about how our democracy is voted in and operates; FPTP is something that has had it's time. Since the War it's been used as some sort of collective bargaining between the workers and the bosses, society has fragmented since then and parties such as the Greens have thrived in PR systems, it should happen here and now!
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Niv » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Stooo wrote:
Niv wrote:You're to be admired for your passion, and dedication to getting the truth out there. Having spoken with people back home, there is an awful lot of hostility brewing. It seems to be wrong now to say we don't want to exit from the EU as we fare better in it. I think things are going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. Sad really, but our destiny seems to be in the hands of morons. God help us.

Thanks Niv, it's words like yours that keep me and other people going. All support is welcome be it buying a badge, joining a local FB or twitter group, sending a couple of quid to a local org. or being part of a physical presence. Together we truly are stronger.

A few people today mentioned that they had signed the online petition and that (along with the last march) filled some Westminster underpants, after we get through this crap then it's time for some serious debate and decision about how our democracy is voted in and operates; FPTP is something that has had it's time. Since the War it's been used as some sort of collective bargaining between the workers and the bosses, society has fragmented since then and parties such as the Greens have thrived in PR systems, it should happen here and now!

Remain is a cause that I will always support. I thank you, and everybody who is working to ensure our security, and future stays within the EU. I am working my way through the roll of stickers I ordered from the link you put up. We have a flag on our balcony. Our Bollocks To Brexit stickers in our cars.

Our local pub does a lot of fund raising for our local organisation. I am lucky to live in a very high remain area. Many of the locals went down and joined the march. I had to work that weekend, and unable to go. They all knew that those who couldn't attend were there with them wholeheartedly, our names were on their banners. We've all asked our friends, families and colleagues to sign the petition.

As you rightly say, we have to stand strong and united. We can do this! :yess:
Niv

Postby Stooo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Niv wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Remain is a cause that I will always support. I thank you, and everybody who is working to ensure our security, and future stays within the EU. I am working my way through the roll of stickers I ordered from the link you put up. We have a flag on our balcony. Our Bollocks To Brexit stickers in our cars.

Our local pub does a lot of fund raising for our local organisation. I am lucky to live in a very high remain area. Many of the locals went down and joined the march. I had to work that weekend, and unable to go. They all knew that those who couldn't attend were there with them wholeheartedly, our names were on their banners. We've all asked our friends, families and colleagues to sign the petition.

*Hums 'Ode to Joy'*

Got a LD thingy on tomorrow, if I get a selfie with Sir Vince I will totally post it :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: People's Vote March

Postby Bessie » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:33 pm

I've emailed my MP about a People's Vote. Don't know if it will do anything but at least he will know how I feel.
Bessie

Postby Red Okktober » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:40 pm

Stooo wrote:Stall set up I got my pack and started with my smile set to heartbreaking and my attitude to friendly, shit, I lived here for most of my life, I know these people. The first two dozen times that I got told to fuck off were the hardest, I got called a traitor, a nazi and one very angry man with an English Bull terrier got quite animated and very shouty, very very shouty! Then the local Kipper flash mob turned up with placards, shouted a bit and fucked off.

It must have been quite a shock to your system to realise that lots of people out there (the majority of those who voted) have differing opinions to you.

Real life is a lot different to the Liberal echo chambers that are internet forums.

I'm sure you had a good day, but a few stickers on a board outside Primark, with a few old dears in anoraks milling around, wouldn't exactly put the fear of god up Brexiteers.

Give my regards to 'Sir Vince'. :thumbsup:
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:00 am

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:Stall set up I got my pack and started with my smile set to heartbreaking and my attitude to friendly, shit, I lived here for most of my life, I know these people. The first two dozen times that I got told to fuck off were the hardest, I got called a traitor, a nazi and one very angry man with an English Bull terrier got quite animated and very shouty, very very shouty! Then the local Kipper flash mob turned up with placards, shouted a bit and fucked off.

It must have been quite a shock to your system to realise that lots of people out there (the majority of those who voted) have differing opinions to you.

Real life is a lot different to the Liberal echo chambers that are internet forums.

I'm sure you had a good day, but a few stickers on a board outside Primark, with a few old dears in anoraks milling around, wouldn't exactly put the fear of god up Brexiteers.

Give my regards to 'Sir Vince'. :thumbsup:

Is that the best that you can do? Shouldn't you be on the streets with Nige and some muskets?

What are you doing?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:06 am

Nigel was campaigning for the Brexit party on Friday with Reese Moggies sister.
Remainers set up a table outside and had a civilised discussion with the leavers, it was refreshing.
Lady Murasaki

Activists' Diary

Postby Stooo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:42 pm

I had the pleasure and privilege of meeting and listening to this chap today, a true gentleman of politics.

I saw loads of old mates from the Torbay LDs and caught up with the gossip. My mate Lee who is the PPC gave a really good speech about the nasty shit that's happening at the moment and Sir Vince waxed lyrical about the current direction of the party and where we want to be in the future, brexit and tory divisions among both the rank and file and MPs. He was impressed at Tom Watson's attempts to keep Labour together in Parliament and the further fractions within the Tories before taking questions from a full hall on a chilly Sunday lunchtime.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby measurer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:54 pm

As the pound starts falling and people lose even more trust in this government, the cost of living has went up by over £1500 this last year alone. A simple grocery shop shows you.
measurer

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:14 pm

measurer wrote:As the pound starts falling and people lose even more trust in this government, the cost of living has went up by over £1500 this last year alone. A simple grocery shop shows you.

:yikes:
Where do you shop?

Anello and Davide of Kensington?

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/celebr ... -shopping/
Lady Murasaki

Postby banana chewits » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:07 am

Stooo wrote:

you're my guy in the march as far as i'm concerned & i've donated to my local group. every time i see a bollox to brexit sticker it makes me think of you.
banana chewits

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Niv wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Do what? Entrench ourselves as deeply as possible in a right-wing political and economic union? No thanks, some of us like to aim a little higher :razz:

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:28 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Stooo wrote:

you're my guy in the march as far as i'm concerned & i've donated to my local group. every time i see a bollox to brexit sticker it makes me think of you.

:mrgreen: What a lovely thing to say, thank you.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:59 pm

Stooo wrote:A chilly morning in Torquay, we set up the stall to get ready for the start at ten.

I've done street stalls in the past for the Lib Dems and they were jolly affairs with balloons and shit, this one started with instructions on what do do if physically attacked :ooer:
Stall set up I got my pack and started with my smile set to heartbreaking and my attitude to friendly, shit, I lived here for most of my life, I know these people. The first two dozen times that I got told to fuck off were the hardest, I got called a traitor, a nazi and one very angry man with an English Bull terrier got quite animated and very shouty, very very shouty! Then the local Kipper flash mob turned up with placards, shouted a bit and fucked off.

I stayed until one and had some really great conversations with people sympathetic to a Peoples Vote including some leavers who had jumped the lines, I got a few signups for our local group and kept the Brexitometer busy :mrgreen:

Hmm yeah, I can kind of see why trying to disregard other people's votes because you didn't get your own way might cause people to tell you to fuck off :gigglesnshit:

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms