Re: Political correctness

Postby Niv » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:11 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Niv wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
Niv wrote:
Here we go, back to your Mr T impressions. You ain't the fucking A-Team :roll:

It's 'your' by the way... Fool :smilin:

Get your own house in order before throw stones sweetie.

Its not a game I like to play but I'm more than willing and you're too dim to win.

Your house isn't great. It's you that keeps making spelling mistakes,then calling me a fool. :laughing:

Not a game you like to play? You what? You live for all this shit. Play away. I'm happy to dim down for you. I know you struggle. :smilin:

Trust me, correcting grammar and spelling is so base and below me its down there with JPs manic posting in terms of interest.

You do know that they can be huge tells when you're hiding... you sure you want to go there? :gigglesnshit:

That they can be ?

Do you want to maybe attempt that again? :pmsl:
Niv

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:13 pm

Niv wrote:Well you seem very keen to keep mentioning age. It's probably best you don't get too bogged down with image. There's not a mould that would suit yours. It's not easy sometimes for the mature woman. Sadly, you don't come across as very mature either. :laughing:

No, YOU'RE the one who needs to talk about your (highly questionable) age.

:mrgreen: You'll be doing the 'Jellus frump' routine next. :dunno: When all else fails eh?
Junglejayne

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:15 pm

Niv wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:Trust me, correcting grammar and spelling is so base and below me its down there with JPs manic posting in terms of interest.

You do know that they can be huge tells when you're hiding... you sure you want to go there? :gigglesnshit:

That they can be ?

Do you want to maybe attempt that again? :pmsl:

You really are stupid aren't you. :pmsl:
Junglejayne

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:06 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:People abroad are usually nicer to whiteys. Try being a proper minority.

How will I go about that?

Should I black up like Al Jolson and become a wheelchair-bound homosexual?

:coffeescreen:

Cut off an arm or a leg to show you’re taking it seriously!
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:46 pm

A potentially interesting and informative thread totally ruined by the most pathetic, petty, pointless bickering ever. Who'd have thought it!

Postby Cherry de Voured » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:50 am

I think PC is a good idea that - like any good idea - has the capability of falling into the wrong hands.

Those who are most opposed to it, however, are usually the same twats who cry their 'free speech is being eroded away' when somebody calls them out on the content of their free speech - that is, they suddenly get all "PC gone mad" about their views being challenged.
Cherry de Voured

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:31 am

PCs have made people free to be un-pc, which is basically un-polite.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Nucks » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:19 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Niv wrote:Well you seem very keen to keep mentioning age. It's probably best you don't get too bogged down with image. There's not a mould that would suit yours. It's not easy sometimes for the mature woman. Sadly, you don't come across as very mature either. :laughing:

No, YOU'RE the one who needs to talk about your (highly questionable) age.

:mrgreen: You'll be doing the 'Jellus frump' routine next. :dunno: When all else fails eh?

Hunter? :ooer: :ooer:
Nucks

Postby jra » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:10 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:what the fuck is non-pc about bastard???

it might have been 30 years ago when being a bastard still had a stigma attached, now it's just a generic insult

unless of course you STILL see beng a bastard as being something to be stigmatised about :roll:

It's a subjective, generation and cultural issue.

so you think being a bastard is still something to be stigmatised about

I see

back in the real world bastard is a generic insult used with no regard to its entymology

See my post above.
jra

Postby jra » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:21 am

McHenry wrote:
jra wrote:

it might have been 30 years ago when being a bastard still had a stigma attached, now it's just a generic insult

unless of course you STILL see beng a bastard as being something to be stigmatised about :roll:

No it's not.

The term political correctness (adjectivally: politically correct; commonly abbreviated PC) is used to describe language, policies, or measures that are intended to avoid offense or disadvantage to members of particular groups in society.[1][2][3][4][5] Since the late 1980s, the term has come to refer to avoiding language or behavior that can be seen as excluding, marginalizing, or insulting groups of people considered disadvantaged or discriminated against, especially groups defined by sex or race. In public discourse and the media, it is generally used as a pejorative, implying that these policies are excessive or unwarranted.[6][3][7][8][9][10][11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness
jra

Postby McAz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:38 am

jra wrote:
McHenry wrote:
jra wrote:

No it's not.

The term political correctness (adjectivally: politically correct; commonly abbreviated PC) is used to describe language, policies, or measures that are intended to avoid offense or disadvantage to members of particular groups in society.[1][2][3][4][5] Since the late 1980s, the term has come to refer to avoiding language or behavior that can be seen as excluding, marginalizing, or insulting groups of people considered disadvantaged or discriminated against, especially groups defined by sex or race. In public discourse and the media, it is generally used as a pejorative, implying that these policies are excessive or unwarranted.[6][3][7][8][9][10][11]

Yes, I know what pc means - but the word bastard is neither subjectively, generationally or culturally a non-pc term.

Okay fuckface? :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby jra » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:19 am

McHenry wrote:
jra wrote:
McHenry wrote:
jra wrote:

No it's not.

Yes, I know what pc means - but the word bastard is neither subjectively, generationally or culturally a non-pc term.

An insult is supposed to be offensive, therefore politically incorrect in most cases.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... sh/bastard

Still, you don't know the full definition of racism when you were brownosing/defending Dean and saying he wasn't racist, so no surprises there.

Fat Indian slag and (half) Jewish nonce are both racist. End of.
jra

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:22 am

A thread about pc on Dogs is highly inappropriate anyway.

Which fool thought it was a good idea?
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:30 am

jra wrote:
McHenry wrote:Yes, I know what pc means - but the word bastard is neither subjectively, generationally or culturally a non-pc term.

An insult is supposed to be offensive, therefore politically incorrect in most cases.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... sh/bastard

Still, you don't know the full definition of racism when you were brownosing/defending Dean and saying he wasn't racist, so no surprises there.

Fat Indian slag and (half) Jewish nonce are both racist. End of.

The word bastard is not racist, fuckface - nor is it subjectively, generationally or culturally a non-pc term.

The views of fat indian slags and ageing pervy semi-goys don't change that fact.
McAz

Postby xtras1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:00 am

You do realise Mcaziz.. fuckface is an extremely offensive word... not PC at all.
xtras1

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms