Summer is on the way!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Summer is on the way!

Postby Nucks » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:09 pm

measurer wrote:Beautiful today and it's a sunny Scotland. Get the flags oot! :canny:

Is that a euphemism? :ooer:

:mrgreen:

It was lovely and sunny here today but the mornings are still quite cool. I’m out the door by quarter to six and I wear my scarf and big hoodie for the walk.
Nucks

Postby jra » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:52 pm

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:Days warmish here recently, but fairly cold and foggy at night. Nothing unexpected really.

Looks like it will be the first winter and early spring here for as long as I can remember where there has been no snow at all of any insignificance.

No insignificant snow?

:smilin:

There was an inch or so on one occasion, but it melted very quickly.
jra

Postby LordRaven » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:11 pm

It's been bloody cold down here when not in the sunshine, which made it surprisingly warm until the sun went down.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:29 pm

LordRaven wrote:It's been bloody cold down here when not in the sunshine, which made it surprisingly warm until the sun went down.

Bit nippy but glorious blue here and as you say warm in the sunshine.
Forecast said it was going to be freezing .... didn't happen.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby measurer » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:58 pm

Warm, and sunny here today, so I was out in it. Tomorrow will be cloudy again no doubt, so make hay while the sun shines, as they say.
measurer

Postby Fletch » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:47 pm

Brexit delayed until October so that's the summer buggered up then. :shake head:

The last warm sunny weather we had was 29th March...

:thud:
Fletch

Postby xtras1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:42 pm

According to the proffesionals at the weather depot.. it's going to be a scorching weekend :cool:
xtras1

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:46 pm

You don’t need to be a professional. The amount of topless men strolling around town gives away its a bit warm.
NastyNickers

Postby xtras1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:50 pm

NastyNickers wrote:You don’t need to be a professional. The amount of topless men strolled around town gives away its a bit warm.

Well I was just mentioning what they said..... thankfully where I am we don't have numpties that show of the torso! :ooer:
xtras1

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:52 pm

xtras1 wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:You don’t need to be a professional. The amount of topless men strolled around town gives away its a bit warm.

Well I was just mentioning what they said..... thankfully where I am we don't have numpties that show of the torso! :ooer:

Oh I know. It just annoys me that the sweaty buggers think it’s ok to get it out at the first sign of sun. Mingers.
NastyNickers

Postby xtras1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:57 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Oh I know. It just annoys me that the sweaty buggers think it’s ok to get it out at the first sign of sun. Mingers.

Haha yeah sweaty buggers :gigglesnshit: I saw on the news at Scarborough beach people enjoying the sun.
We are hoping to go out Monday.. but see how I feel :smilin:
xtras1

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:20 pm

I predict that yesterday and today will be baking hot blue sky weather ... just you watch.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I predict that yesterday and today will be baking hot blue sky weather ... just you watch.

They said that on the weather... :woteva:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:04 pm

We moved ever northwards to avoid the heat. 30 years ago the "meteorological south" began somewhere around Northallerton in N Yorkshire. Now it is somewhere in central Scotland.

Cumbria rarely gets cold now - it's like the home counties when I was a kid. This makes me sad...

...and sweaty. :(
McAz

Postby jra » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:09 am

NastyNickers wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Just like (fat) women wearing next to nothing then, pretty well getting it all out.

These men would be sweating more if they wore more clothing. If yesterday here was anything to go by it was almost too hot to wear a t-shirt outside, let alone a jacket.
jra

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms