October 31st predictions - Deal or no deal?

A right load of bollocks...

October 31st predictions - Deal or no deal?

Postby Concerned » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:56 am

I can’t predict what will happen, can you?
Make a prediction and let’s see who is right on November 1st.
Concerned

Re: October 31st predictions - Deal or no deal?

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:28 am

This may be a stupid question but....if there’s no deal what’s to stop us making a deal after we’ve left?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:38 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:This may be a stupid question but....if there’s no deal what’s to stop us making a deal after we’ve left?
good question, perhaps the E.U. will want to make a better deal if we crash out.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:04 am

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:This may be a stupid question but....if there’s no deal what’s to stop us making a deal after we’ve left?
good question, perhaps the E.U. will want to make a better deal if we crash out.

Both sides need a deal as both sides will want to continue trading.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:27 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:

I appoint you as dogs minister for Brexit :awesome:

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:36 am

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:

Got my hands full. I’m already Dogs minister for Dogs. :cool:

Lady Murasaki

Postby Cherry de Voured » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:43 am

Deal.

I think - or at least hope - that even the current mob wouldn't be stupid enough to go down the 'no deal' route.
Cherry de Voured

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:44 am

Cherry de Voured wrote:Deal.

I think - or at least hope - that even the current mob wouldn't be stupid enough to go down the 'no deal' route.

Why what will happen if there’s no deal?
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:01 pm

No need for speculation, these are the facts in the event of no deal:

The UK would revert to trading under WTO rules and would have to pay the EU's external tarriffs - prices would go up (some steeply) as a result.

Nothing to worry about - just look on it as a pay cut and budget accordingly.

Oh, and there might be shortages for a few months - so stock up on non-perishables.

-----

EDIT: Many jobs could be lost as trading slows (and other factors) so keep your nose clean if you are in employment. And mortgage and other debt payments are likely to rise so budget for those too.

On the good side...
McAz

Postby McAz » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:11 pm

McAz

Postby .SF. » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:31 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cherry de Voured wrote:Deal.

Why what will happen if there’s no deal?

Mcaz has summarised but here's a fairly comprehensive analysis from today's BBC news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47470864
.SF.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:33 pm

People voted for it.
You can’t get round that.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Calvados » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:37 pm

This may be a stupid answer but... I don't think there is anything to stop such a thing from happening on the face of it.

Canada have had a trade deal provisionally in place with the EU for a little while now called CETA. I think every country within the EU had to or has to ratify it individually to make it permanent, which France did about a week ago. This caused the French farmers to be pissed off, not entirely sure why, but when are French farmers not pissed off by something?

Now some have said we should have a deal the same as or close to CETA, but others are saying we can't for whatever reason. I'll admit I've not investigated. Point of my post is that you can do deals with the EU at any time in theory and to deal with them doesn't require you being a member that is on the verge leaving, or like Canada you don't even need to have ever been in it.

Mind you, the EU will likely be frostier towards us for leaving them for a good few years than they ever have been towards Canada.
Calvados

Postby Concerned » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:38 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:

Got my hands full. I’m already Dogs minister for Dogs. :cool:

And Dogs Minister for pest control, dealing with the forum vermin daily :pmsl:
Concerned

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:45 pm

Calvados wrote:

This may be a stupid answer but... I don't think there is anything to stop such a thing from happening on the face of it.

Canada have had a trade deal provisionally in place with the EU for a little while now called CETA. I think every individual country within the EU had or has to ratify it individually to make it permanent, which France did about a week ago. This caused the French farmers to be pissed off, not entirely sure why, but when are French farmers not pissed off by something?

Now some have said we should have a deal the same as or close to CETA, but others are saying we can't for whatever reason. I'll admit I've not investigated. Point of my post is that you can do deals with the EU at any time in theory and to deal with them doesn't require you being a member that is on the verge leaving, or like Canada you don't even need to have ever been in it.

Mind you, the EU will likely be frostier towards us for leaving them for a good few years than they ever have been towards Canada.

The Germans will still want to sell us their cars.
That French tosser and the Irish tosser giving it billy big bollocks are the main problem.
A no deal Brexit will cause harm to all and they need to wind their necks in and consider that offering a new and better deal for the UK is their best option too.
Otherwise Boris will take us out and then they will think how daft they have behaved towards us.

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms