DS Thread #115

Big Threads

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:27 pm

James 2001 jumping in with all 4 paws and making a complete arse of himself yet again.


James2001
Posts: 49,955
Forum Member

06/08/19 - 15:27
#94
alanwarwic wrote: »
http://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-euro ... mentality/

A billy Bragg interview on the referendum, back in 2013. I guess we all have some little Englander in us and his interviewis still 100% relevent.

".............Another criticism is that it is institutionally neo-liberal and promoting an austerity agenda.

Yes and no. It is also trying to curb bankers' bonuses, isn’t it? And it is interesting to see that one of the things the conservatives really hate about the European Union is all the rights that the British people get because of it. The contradiction in the EU is that it supplies a lot of accountability than we don’t get from our government – which is much more neo-liberal than the consensus in Europe. As a result of that, workers rights, individual rights and the rights of minorities have all been marginalized. It has actually been the legislation of the European Union that has held up the rights of minorities, workers and women. That’s what they are complaining about: the ‘red tape’ that keeps them clean............"

Then Billy went on to be pro-brexit.
https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_94230281
______________________________________________________________________

Presumably he's talking about this.

phpBB [video]


Try reading the lyrics, you fucking eedjit. Then learn what satire means. :monkey:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby McAz » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:33 pm

Nucks wrote:
McAz wrote:
Nucks wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
I've got the Lonsdale version of that.

It's marketed as part of the AzDean clothing line.

What does that mean? :scratch:


Bit of AzDean for a has-been. :awesome: Wonder what size they go up to. :doomed:


Still none the wiser, sorry. :dunno:


I think jra has a crush on you. You're probably out of his league though. :leer:


Yeah, I don't accept credit. :laughing:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 41807
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:51 pm

Guest wrote:James 2001 jumping in with all 4 paws and making a complete arse of himself yet again.


James2001
Posts: 49,955
Forum Member

06/08/19 - 15:27
#94
alanwarwic wrote: »
http://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-euro ... mentality/

A billy Bragg interview on the referendum, back in 2013. I guess we all have some little Englander in us and his interviewis still 100% relevent.

".............Another criticism is that it is institutionally neo-liberal and promoting an austerity agenda.

Yes and no. It is also trying to curb bankers' bonuses, isn’t it? And it is interesting to see that one of the things the conservatives really hate about the European Union is all the rights that the British people get because of it. The contradiction in the EU is that it supplies a lot of accountability than we don’t get from our government – which is much more neo-liberal than the consensus in Europe. As a result of that, workers rights, individual rights and the rights of minorities have all been marginalized. It has actually been the legislation of the European Union that has held up the rights of minorities, workers and women. That’s what they are complaining about: the ‘red tape’ that keeps them clean............"

Then Billy went on to be pro-brexit.
https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_94230281
______________________________________________________________________

Presumably he's talking about this.

phpBB [video]


Try reading the lyrics, you fucking eedjit. Then learn what satire means. :monkey:


Billy Bragg was on the stage at the last brexit protest, I was at the other end of Parliament Sq talking to Lindsay so I didn't catch all of it... :wink:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 94894
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: The Jack Spratt of Forums.

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:22 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:LondonBite1 is an odd one. Goes on about not much else other than his "media company"...which he doesn't actually have, it's just a fantasy like a little kid playing pretend.

Autism?


Yes, and quite severe, too, I imagine. I believe he has previously been banned from DS many times over, and he posts on other forums, too. It's a shame, because he obviously doesn't know any better, so it's quite sad to see how he puts his ideas up, only to be regularly mocked (which is understandable - some of his ideas are pretty out there...)


For people who need a little bit of protection from themselves it's a shame there isn't much can be done when it comes to using the internet unsupervised/proper bannings that mean they can't ever re-regesiter on a site.

There are a few like him in the Broadcasting forum, obsessive about 90s tv to the point of being totally detached from reality when it comes to the subject. I feel quite sorry for them. Nostalgia is one thing but this is proper fixation. At least it's harmless, aside from the humiliating themselves in public over it bit.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:28 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:LondonBite1 is an odd one. Goes on about not much else other than his "media company"...which he doesn't actually have, it's just a fantasy like a little kid playing pretend.

Autism?


Yes, and quite severe, too, I imagine. I believe he has previously been banned from DS many times over, and he posts on other forums, too. It's a shame, because he obviously doesn't know any better, so it's quite sad to see how he puts his ideas up, only to be regularly mocked (which is understandable - some of his ideas are pretty out there...)


For people who need a little bit of protection from themselves it's a shame there isn't much can be done when it comes to using the internet unsupervised/proper bannings that mean they can't ever re-regesiter on a site.

There are a few like him in the Broadcasting forum, obsessive about 90s tv to the point of being totally detached from reality when it comes to the subject. I feel quite sorry for them. Nostalgia is one thing but this is proper fixation. At least it's harmless, aside from the humiliating themselves in public over it bit.


Well that's just it, isn't it - on one hand I do think he should be banned, for his own good if nothing else, but on the other, I wouldn't exactly want to be responsible for having someone with severe autism banned from a forum which is probably one of the few things they've got in life.

My pet theory is that a lot of these people cling to nostalgia, and in some cases convince themselves that things will go back to how they were in the 90s/early 2000s/whenever, as a sort of coping mechanism - the past is safe and known, whereas the future is obviously an unknown quantity, and thus is scary. The past reminds them of their childhoods, when times were happier and more hopeful, as opposed to the present, in which they're adults having to cope with the big, bad world, and things haven't quite matched up to what they might have hoped for as kids.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby jra » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:17 am

xtras1 wrote:
Nucks wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
I've got the Lonsdale version of that.

It's marketed as part of the AzDean clothing line.

What does that mean? :scratch:


Bit of AzDean for a has-been. :awesome: Wonder what size they go up to. :doomed:



Has been haha nice one :pmsl:


I'm going to have to wear that one out. :thumbsup:

And well done Nucks for clocking that one. :canny:
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 17806
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby Dean » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:30 am

jra wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Nucks wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
I've got the Lonsdale version of that.

It's marketed as part of the AzDean clothing line.

What does that mean? :scratch:


Bit of AzDean for a has-been. :awesome: Wonder what size they go up to. :doomed:



Has been haha nice one :pmsl:


I'm going to have to wear that one out. :thumbsup:

And well done Nucks for clocking that one. :canny:


6
User avatar
Dean
Twat.
 
Posts: 43290
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:51 am

The showbiz lot are losing their shit in the Kelly Brook thread because some posters called them on their appalling attitude to women. They really love to try and drag women over their looks don’t they.

Sorcha Healey often lectures people on misogyny but she joins in with them on there. What a fake.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby TWAT » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:12 pm

Guest wrote:The showbiz lot are losing their shit in the Kelly Brook thread because some posters called them on their appalling attitude to women. They really love to try and drag women over their looks don’t they.

Sorcha Healey often lectures people on misogyny but she joins in with them on there. What a fake.


I've never generally believed in the notion of a forum "clique" but that showbiz forum comes damn close. There are two rather obvious posters who will always round on anyone who might post an opposing opinion about a female celebrity they've decided they don't like.

Even something as harmless as pointing out that Cheryl Cole's assault conviction was over a decade ago will land you with an accusation of "white knighting"
User avatar
TWAT
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Have noticed Ted Cunterblast is always a bit of an arse. Has a VERY superior attitude.

(Amusing username though)
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby Nucks » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:03 pm

jra wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Nucks wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
I've got the Lonsdale version of that.

It's marketed as part of the AzDean clothing line
.

What does that mean? :scratch:


Bit of AzDean for a has-been. :awesome: Wonder what size they go up to. :doomed:



Has been haha nice one :pmsl:


I'm going to have to wear that one out. :thumbsup:

And well done Nucks for clocking that one. :canny:


Who do you think I was referring to? :gigglesnshit:
User avatar
Nucks
 
Posts: 8492
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:59 am
Location: Behind the curtains

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby jra » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:58 pm

Nucks wrote:
jra wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Nucks wrote:
McAz wrote:What does that mean? :scratch:


Bit of AzDean for a has-been. :awesome: Wonder what size they go up to. :doomed:



Has been haha nice one :pmsl:


I'm going to have to wear that one out. :thumbsup:

And well done Nucks for clocking that one. :canny:


Who do you think I was referring to? :gigglesnshit:


:dunno:
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 17806
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:27 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:James 2001 jumping in with all 4 paws and making a complete arse of himself yet again.


James2001
Posts: 49,955
Forum Member

06/08/19 - 15:27
#94
alanwarwic wrote: »
http://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-euro ... mentality/

A billy Bragg interview on the referendum, back in 2013. I guess we all have some little Englander in us and his interviewis still 100% relevent.

".............Another criticism is that it is institutionally neo-liberal and promoting an austerity agenda.

Yes and no. It is also trying to curb bankers' bonuses, isn’t it? And it is interesting to see that one of the things the conservatives really hate about the European Union is all the rights that the British people get because of it. The contradiction in the EU is that it supplies a lot of accountability than we don’t get from our government – which is much more neo-liberal than the consensus in Europe. As a result of that, workers rights, individual rights and the rights of minorities have all been marginalized. It has actually been the legislation of the European Union that has held up the rights of minorities, workers and women. That’s what they are complaining about: the ‘red tape’ that keeps them clean............"

Then Billy went on to be pro-brexit.
https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_94230281
______________________________________________________________________

Presumably he's talking about this.

phpBB [video]


Try reading the lyrics, you fucking eedjit. Then learn what satire means. :monkey:


Billy Bragg was on the stage at the last brexit protest, I was at the other end of Parliament Sq talking to Lindsay so I didn't catch all of it... :wink:



With so many of his posts being about Brexit you would think he'd know Billy is one of the music industry's most vocal opponents of it. :pointlaugh:
Talking of Billy's political activities, I saw him at the Farewell to the GLC free concert in Battersea Park (it was the same weekend Boris Becker became the youngest Wimbledon Men's Singles winner, I think). Funny thing was when he started playing A New England, some boy standing behind us asked why he was doing a Kirsty MacColl song!! :laughing:
It was a fucking great day right enough. :twirl:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby jra » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:04 am

Guest wrote:James 2001 jumping in with all 4 paws and making a complete arse of himself yet again.


James2001
Posts: 49,955
Forum Member

06/08/19 - 15:27
#94
alanwarwic wrote: »
http://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-euro ... mentality/

A billy Bragg interview on the referendum, back in 2013. I guess we all have some little Englander in us and his interviewis still 100% relevent.

".............Another criticism is that it is institutionally neo-liberal and promoting an austerity agenda.

Yes and no. It is also trying to curb bankers' bonuses, isn’t it? And it is interesting to see that one of the things the conservatives really hate about the European Union is all the rights that the British people get because of it. The contradiction in the EU is that it supplies a lot of accountability than we don’t get from our government – which is much more neo-liberal than the consensus in Europe. As a result of that, workers rights, individual rights and the rights of minorities have all been marginalized. It has actually been the legislation of the European Union that has held up the rights of minorities, workers and women. That’s what they are complaining about: the ‘red tape’ that keeps them clean............"

Then Billy went on to be pro-brexit.
https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_94230281
______________________________________________________________________

Presumably he's talking about this.

phpBB [video]


Try reading the lyrics, you fucking eedjit. Then learn what satire means. :monkey:


I'm still chuckling when one poster on here called him a furry fucker.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 17806
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby FrozenFlame » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:20 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:LondonBite1 is an odd one. Goes on about not much else other than his "media company"...which he doesn't actually have, it's just a fantasy like a little kid playing pretend.

Autism?


Yes, and quite severe, too, I imagine. I believe he has previously been banned from DS many times over, and he posts on other forums, too. It's a shame, because he obviously doesn't know any better, so it's quite sad to see how he puts his ideas up, only to be regularly mocked (which is understandable - some of his ideas are pretty out there...)


For people who need a little bit of protection from themselves it's a shame there isn't much can be done when it comes to using the internet unsupervised/proper bannings that mean they can't ever re-regesiter on a site.

There are a few like him in the Broadcasting forum, obsessive about 90s tv to the point of being totally detached from reality when it comes to the subject. I feel quite sorry for them. Nostalgia is one thing but this is proper fixation. At least it's harmless, aside from the humiliating themselves in public over it bit.


Well that's just it, isn't it - on one hand I do think he should be banned, for his own good if nothing else, but on the other, I wouldn't exactly want to be responsible for having someone with severe autism banned from a forum which is probably one of the few things they've got in life.

My pet theory is that a lot of these people cling to nostalgia, and in some cases convince themselves that things will go back to how they were in the 90s/early 2000s/whenever, as a sort of coping mechanism - the past is safe and known, whereas the future is obviously an unknown quantity, and thus is scary. The past reminds them of their childhoods, when times were happier and more hopeful, as opposed to the present, in which they're adults having to cope with the big, bad world, and things haven't quite matched up to what they might have hoped for as kids.


linkinpark875 is a classic example of that.
User avatar
FrozenFlame
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Previous

Return to The Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest