Fear that three million UK children will go hungry

Re: Fear that three million UK children will go hungry

Postby wutang » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:01 pm

Fletch wrote:JC is not a neoliberal. He advocates nationalisation, public services and serving the many, not the few. A change of direction is required, we can't carry on on the same course of taking from the many to give to the few. I support that aim and therefore him.

Nationalisation is not the panacea you think it is. Worker owned co-operatives would be better but even then you are still beholden to the logic of capital - i.e market forces. Plenty of nationalised industries have enforced wage restraints and other anti-worker measures in order to make the business 'profitable' and even workers-coperatives fall into this trap - "self-managed exploitation"

The problem with focusing on "neo-liberalism" is that it fails to recognise, or even attempts to hide, the fact that capitalism can fuck us in many different ways. It was fucking just as easily long before "neo-liberalism" came about.
wutang

Postby Stooo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:05 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Corbyn is showing himself to be unprincipled. He bends with the wind and is dangerous in his choice of "friends" so please be wary of him.

In this thread I'm more concerned about the thousands of children in our so called civilised country going hungry...

...however, Corbyn need to step down to give way to someone who can provide clear alternative leadership during these difficult times. I fear, that like almost all politicians, ego has got the better of him.

It's criminal, the way our leaders have increased poverty by stealing from the poor to pay the rich, causing starvation and death along the way and people forced to rely on food banks to feed themselves.
Unforgivable

And yet the likes of Red, Ray, Roc, jra, et al gleefully support them, Makes you despair for democracy. :shake head:

It makes me despair at the level of critical thinking in this country. :shake head:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:50 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:presenting lawful documentation You can walk into any shop and use Your identity as collateral which the government is required by law to fulfill in it's civil obligation. all the financial tools We use are designed for that very purpose. it was argued against People being given vouchers for food decades ago. and a number of People I know who can easily afford to buy food in stores, go to the food bank because it is an extra bottle or line since the 50p increase in per unit of alcohol. People who have no dependency issues You will find it to be very rare for them to be even remotely close to those situations.

and Children are always caught in the middle of economic political warfare. why schools don't teach the basics is pure negligence by design.

What? We can walk into any shop without documentation. Do you live in a police state where passes have to be shown even to buy a loaf of bread?
Food vouchers? What’s that got to do with the thread topic? And what’s teaching starving children the basics got to do with bellies that need filling?
Do you even know what this thread relates to?

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:36 pm

Guest wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:presenting lawful documentation You can walk into any shop and use Your identity as collateral which the government is required by law to fulfill in it's civil obligation. all the financial tools We use are designed for that very purpose. it was argued against People being given vouchers for food decades ago. and a number of People I know who can easily afford to buy food in stores, go to the food bank because it is an extra bottle or line since the 50p increase in per unit of alcohol. People who have no dependency issues You will find it to be very rare for them to be even remotely close to those situations.

and Children are always caught in the middle of economic political warfare. why schools don't teach the basics is pure negligence by design.

What? We can walk into any shop without documentation. Do you live in a police state where passes have to be shown even to buy a loaf of bread?
Food vouchers? What’s that got to do with the thread topic? And what’s teaching starving children the basics got to do with bellies that need filling?

everything has been paid for already! what do You think the definition of politi is?

the thread obviously relates to criminal negligence by the state failing to adequately educate the population!
art0hur0moh

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:48 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
Guest wrote:

everything has been paid for already! what do You think the definition of politi is?

the thread obviously relates to criminal negligence by the state failing to adequately educate the population!

As per yesterday's chat you are going off at a tangent and derailing the thread.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:28 pm

LordRaven wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Guest wrote:

As per yesterday's chat you are going off at a tangent and derailing the thread.

the subject is a ward of the state. Your ignorance is not My fault!
art0hur0moh

Postby Cannydc » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:35 pm

"the subject is a ward of the state."

No they aren't. They have parents (one or two) who don't have the cash to feed them properly.

The correct term is 'ward of state', and generally means that a court has taken responsibility for the legal protection of an individual.

Not the case for these 3 million kids, obviously.
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:40 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Guest wrote:

the subject is a ward of the state. Your ignorance is not My fault!

No it's bloody well not, it is about the increasing levels of poverty brought on by austerity, the greater number of poor people who cannot afford to eat and the proliferation of food banks --and yet kids still go hungry and it is a national scandal brought about by our uncaring leaders.
God you do write some shit, you even suggested that the lot of the poor is their own fault from not working hard enough and that shows you have no clue.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Hunger and poverty can never be a child's fault.
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:55 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Corbyn is showing himself to be unprincipled. He bends with the wind and is dangerous in his choice of "friends" so please be wary of him.

In this thread I'm more concerned about the thousands of children in our so called civilised country going hungry...

...however, Corbyn need to step down to give way to someone who can provide clear alternative leadership during these difficult times. I fear, that like almost all politicians, ego has got the better of him.

It's criminal, the way our leaders have increased poverty by stealing from the poor to pay the rich, causing starvation and death along the way and people forced to rely on food banks to feed themselves.
Unforgivable

get an education in finance before castigating blame! many rich People had a standard or less than upbringing. they got rich through, time, energy, effort and understanding, not handouts!

Your home work today is to identify and provide Us with all the financial instruments banks use to manipulate the Common market and currency!

Blaming the poor for their won lot Art, so it's their kids fault too is it?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:55 pm

McAz wrote:Hunger and poverty can never be a child's fault.

Tell Art
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:57 pm

LordRaven wrote:

Tell Art

It was intended for Art...

...and all those who want to "take our country back" at the expense of the poor.
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:04 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Tell Art

...and all those who want to "take our country back" at the expense of the poor.

Agreed. I feel sorry for families with young kids driven to such dire situations by a truly uncaring bunch of rich arseholes in government.
And likewise I feel sorry for the disadvantaged, old, infirm, and the homeless. This government don't care at all if they all die.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:07 pm

We were warned 30+ years ago...

Cannydc

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:08 pm

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Tell Art

Agreed. I feel sorry for families with young kids driven to such dire situations by a truly uncaring bunch of rich arseholes in government.
And likewise I feel sorry for the disadvantaged, old, infirm, and the homeless. This government don't care at all if they all die.

Tbh I'm more angry at those who claim they care for the poor but support this...

...than I am for it itself.
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs