DS Thread #116

A right load of bollocks...

DS Thread #116

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:45 am

TWATkins wrote:
Guest wrote:The showbiz lot are losing their shit in the Kelly Brook thread because some posters called them on their appalling attitude to women. They really love to try and drag women over their looks don’t they.

Sorcha Healey often lectures people on misogyny but she joins in with them on there. What a fake.


I've never generally believed in the notion of a forum "clique" but that showbiz forum comes damn close. There are two rather obvious posters who will always round on anyone who might post an opposing opinion about a female celebrity they've decided they don't like.

Even something as harmless as pointing out that Cheryl Cole's assault conviction was over a decade ago will land you with an accusation of "white knighting"


You’re usually one of the first to speak up against incels and their online bile and hatred towards women, but I’ve never seen anything more misogynistic than that digital spy showbiz forum. If men tore women down daily on their looks like those lot do, you’d speak up against it, For a ‘woke’ lefty place I’m amazed they actually allow it.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:20 pm

TWATkins wrote:
Guest wrote:The showbiz lot are losing their shit in the Kelly Brook thread because some posters called them on their appalling attitude to women. They really love to try and drag women over their looks don’t they.

Sorcha Healey often lectures people on misogyny but she joins in with them on there. What a fake.


I've never generally believed in the notion of a forum "clique" but that showbiz forum comes damn close. There are two rather obvious posters who will always round on anyone who might post an opposing opinion about a female celebrity they've decided they don't like.

Even something as harmless as pointing out that Cheryl Cole's assault conviction was over a decade ago will land you with an accusation of "white knighting"


I don't know about white knighting but Im not sure what relevance how long ago that incident was has.

Cheryl assaulted someone. That's just a fact. And the victim also alleged she was racially abused.

Lets face it, that standard doesn't apply to other celebs who did things a long time ago. Sean Connery and Jim Davidson assaulted women decades ago (allegedly) and its still mentioned. Why shouldn't the cheryl incident be referenced? She did it and it speaks to her character.

As for Kelly Brook, I do think she's shown herself to be a bit of a nasty piece of work in recent years with her constant need to demean her exes. It's the comments about her weight etc that are unnecessary + almost certainly posted out of envy.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby TWATkins » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:58 pm

Guest wrote:She did it and it speaks to her character.


How many other times has she been charged with assault then ?
User avatar
TWATkins
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: DS Thread #115

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:09 pm

TWATkins wrote:
Guest wrote:She did it and it speaks to her character.


How many other times has she been charged with assault then ?


What relevance does that have?

The fact is she did assault someone. Even if it happened years ago, it did happen + it speaks to her character.

I don't see why it can't be mentioned. If there is a ten year limit on mentioning assaults or you can commit one assault but if you don't do it again it can be forgotten about then that should be applied to everyone.

How long ago was the Chris Brown / Rihanna incident? Does he have a clean slate now because it was years ago?
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:29 pm

As no surprise to anyone, the Keyboard Warriors of DS come out against School Sports Day and just being taught PE at school

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_94262442

The obsession with being sporty is a bit weird in this country, all the hysteria over Tennis and Football and the Olympics and all the other weird stuff sporty people like to do. I'll never understand it.

When I used to complain about the ritual weekly humiliation of having to participate in PE, my mum used to say stuff like "sport is there for the less clever kids to get a chance at being good at something, wow you can run fast and jump over stuff, well done" which is a bit mean but did use to make me laugh at the time.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:42 pm

Guest wrote: For a ‘woke’ lefty place I’m amazed they actually allow it.


That's the thing about people who go on about being so woke. They are usually the biggest hypocrites going.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:45 pm

As someone who went to a school where you were treated like a leaper if you were (through no fault of your own) not good at sports or genuinely uncomfortable with the sporting life, I can understand people who get "triggered" by the subject. I am still haunted by nasty PE teachers and having gone to a school where sport was everything to them. Some kids just aren't atheltic and that should be accepted. Still encourage them to join in, but the way some of us have been treated while in our teen years which were a delicate time anyway was abhorrent. I'm hoping schools don't get away with it now.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:56 pm

Guest wrote:As someone who went to a school where you were treated like a leaper if you were (through no fault of your own) not good at sports or genuinely uncomfortable with the sporting life, I can understand people who get "triggered" by the subject. I am still haunted by nasty PE teachers and having gone to a school where sport was everything to them. Some kids just aren't atheltic and that should be accepted. Still encourage them to join in, but the way some of us have been treated while in our teen years which were a delicate time anyway was abhorrent. I'm hoping schools don't get away with it now.



It's shocking the way animasana acts on the subject, what an utterly intolerant repugnant woman.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Text » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:47 pm

Guest wrote:As no surprise to anyone, the Keyboard Warriors of DS come out against School Sports Day and just being taught PE at school
https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_94262442



The obsession with being sporty is a bit weird in this country, all the hysteria over Tennis and Football and the Olympics and all the other weird stuff sporty people like to do. I'll never understand it.

When I used to complain about the ritual weekly humiliation of having to participate in PE, my mum used to say stuff like "sport is there for the less clever kids to get a chance at being good at something, wow you can run fast and jump over stuff, well done" which is a bit mean but did use to make me laugh at the time.


No dogs in this fight.
But I haven't seen any "hysteria" over sports, just the usual harmless hubbub of excitement when a big tournament is due.
You say this country gets too weirdly excited - compared to which other countries??? :dunno:

Yes, saying sports is for less clever kids is quite mean, actually. Most sports involve a considerable amount of skill. And superfast reflexes.
Without excellent limb-eye coordination and good spatial awareness you don't get anywhere in some sports.

As for athletics, it's awesome to see the limits of endurance that the human body can reach.
No call to be so unpleasantly snobbish just because you hate PE.
You even dragged in the Olympics from 3 years ago, into your gripes.
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 20811
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Text » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:54 pm

Just to be clear, I'm not having a go at YOU guest, I was referring to whoever you're quoting.
I clicked on the link to see what it's all about and I note that the person saying they were good at maths, science & english cannot spell science …. and wrote ect for etc.
Oh dear! :pointlaugh:
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 20811
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Psychosis is being very irritating in the sports day thread. One of those posters who is very patronising to anyone who has the "wrong" opinion in any thread about teachers.

While I believe teachers have a bloody hard job and deserve a medal for the crap they get off parents, they are not always right and can be very precious themselves. Psychosis and anyone on DS who is a teacher or related to one acts like they are sainted beings who are incapable of any wrongdoing ever and heaven help you if you don't agree with that.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby creamcheese » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:39 am

I pity any poor kid who has Psychosis as a teacher.
User avatar
creamcheese
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:50 am

creamcheese wrote:I pity any poor kid who has Psychosis as a teacher.


So do I. Typical know it all teacher who thinks they know better than a parent what's best for their kids. I highly doubt she has kids of her own either. Patronising c*nt.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:05 am

Why does P+3 always respond to a simple kind of question/query thread with a copy and pasted definition from google or a link to some kind of related contact details? They always seem rather annoyed that people are asking such questions on DS.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:59 am

Autistic kids need to exercise, just studying isn’t healthy.
I can’t see anything wrong in what Psychosis said in that thread.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 30144
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests