DS Thread #116

Big Threads

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:19 am

Guest wrote:
creamcheese wrote:I pity any poor kid who has Psychosis as a teacher.

So do I. Typical know it all teacher who thinks they know better than a parent what's best for their kids. I highly doubt she has kids of her own either. Patronising c*nt.

Lol, parents aren’t all qualified in education are they? Many can’t even say ‘no’ to their children. :roll:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Bezza » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:22 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Autistic kids need to exercise, just studying isn’t healthy.
I can’t see anything wrong in what Psychosis said in that thread.

All kids need to be out in the fresh air and play that is the truth. But not sure why anyone who hates sports should be made to take part in sports day.

Being dyslexic in the 60s and having my short stories read out to the class by the teacher who read it as was written with a smirk ( to the whole class's amusement ) not how I intended it, was downright awful and soul-destroying, leading me to stop going to school at all. I was amazing at every sport and field event but academically I was a mess. I could read long before I went to school at age 4 but spelling , writing and maths, just gave me nightmares. I could just imagine how me being forced to take part in a spelling bee would turn out.

Let kids be who they are. Nothing wrong in everyone having a great sports day some as participants and the rest as the cheerers and encouragers , that way it's a day that all school kids and their parents look forwards to.
Bezza

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:35 am

Competition isn’t the end of the world. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.
Reading that thread it looks like some people want kids to completely opt out of PE because they aren’t good at it.
You don’t have to be good at everything to participate.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:39 am

That wasp thread is the scariest thread I’ve ever read! :doomed:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Bezza » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:50 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Competition isn’t the end of the world. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.
Reading that thread it looks like some people want kids to completely opt out of PE because they aren’t good at it.

That is just as stupid as making everyone take part in what was always a day of fun.
Bezza

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:01 am

I just realised. The only reason smudges dad is now up Corbyn's arse is because Corbyn is going to give Scotland Independence. His agenda is almost as bad as the Brexiteers.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:09 am

Bezza wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Competition isn’t the end of the world. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.

That is just as stupid as making everyone take part in what was always a day of fun.

If it’s that traumatic just wag it. That’s what we’d do, no one who was really bad at it was missed on sports days.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:49 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Autistic kids need to exercise, just studying isn’t healthy.

He needs that lesson in EVERYTHING he does. He needs to learn that he can't just opt out of things he doesn't want to do. That's the exact opposite of the lesson he's actually learned, which is that if he complains to mum/dad, then they'll override the school (which in his mind is basically like his future employer) so he only has to do the parts he finds more enjoyable. What you perceive as a negotiation is the child telling you what he wants, and the child getting it.

This is a post from Psychosis to a mother telling her what her son needs. If you can't see anything wrong with that, then you must not be a parent either. This is telling a mother that she, as a teacher knows better than the child's mother what he needs. Totally pompous and superior behaviour.

Postby Holly » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:57 am

Guest wrote:

He needs that lesson in EVERYTHING he does. He needs to learn that he can't just opt out of things he doesn't want to do. That's the exact opposite of the lesson he's actually learned, which is that if he complains to mum/dad, then they'll override the school (which in his mind is basically like his future employer) so he only has to do the parts he finds more enjoyable. What you perceive as a negotiation is the child telling you what he wants, and the child getting it.

This is a post from Psychosis to a mother telling her what her son needs. If you can't see anything wrong with that, then you must not be a parent either. This is telling a mother that she, as a teacher knows better than the child's mother what he needs. Totally pompous and superior behaviour.

People like you are partially the reason why there's such a shortage of teachers. Who would want to become a teacher these days with people like you on their back. Go and teach your own kid then if you know so much better :roll: ...good luck, you'll need it!

Bloody pathetic how parents expect their kids to be mollycoddled these days...how are they going to survive in the real world FFS??? :off head:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:02 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:As someone who went to a school where you were treated like a leaper if you were (through no fault of your own) not good at sports or genuinely uncomfortable with the sporting life, I can understand people who get "triggered" by the subject. I am still haunted by nasty PE teachers and having gone to a school where sport was everything to them. Some kids just aren't atheltic and that should be accepted. Still encourage them to join in, but the way some of us have been treated while in our teen years which were a delicate time anyway was abhorrent. I'm hoping schools don't get away with it now.

It's shocking the way animasana acts on the subject, what an utterly intolerant repugnant woman.

:ooer: ...ok... why do you keep doing this?

You really do need to finally evict me from inside your head... :ooer:
Vam

Postby Passionwagon » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:16 am

Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:

People like you are partially the reason why there's such a shortage of teachers. Who would want to become a teacher these days with people like you on their back. Go and teach your own kid then if you know so much better :roll: ...good luck, you'll need it!

Bloody pathetic how parents expect their kids to be mollycoddled these days...how are they going to survive in the real world FFS??? :off head:

Right, I'm posting this again while logged in as it's obviously not going to be approved while posted as a guest.

Piss off Holly, you know fuck all about me. I have done quite well in raising my kids, and they are in the real world, and realise it's perfectly fine to say no to anything which is of no benefit to anyone. I know what my children's needs are, and I don't need any upstart of a teacher with an inflated sense of their own importance to tell me what is best for my kids and what they need. I have the utmost respect for teachers who take their jobs and professions seriously and actually listen to parents about what their children's needs are. I have no respect however, for bastards of teachers who think they are God and know better than anyone else about everything. Same goes for doctors, nurses and other professionals in kids' lives.

And it's people like you who are the reason for parents being made to feel a failure at so many things. Caring and looking after your child's needs is not mollycoddling them. Get a grip!
Passionwagon

Postby creamcheese » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:11 pm

Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:As someone who went to a school where you were treated like a leaper if you were (through no fault of your own) not good at sports or genuinely uncomfortable with the sporting life, I can understand people who get "triggered" by the subject. I am still haunted by nasty PE teachers and having gone to a school where sport was everything to them. Some kids just aren't atheltic and that should be accepted. Still encourage them to join in, but the way some of us have been treated while in our teen years which were a delicate time anyway was abhorrent. I'm hoping schools don't get away with it now.

It's shocking the way animasana acts on the subject, what an utterly intolerant repugnant woman.

:ooer: ...ok... why do you keep doing this?

You really do need to finally evict me from inside your head... :ooer:

Why do guests keep making posts saying you've posted on DS in threads you haven't been anywhere near? How bloody odd!
creamcheese

Postby creamcheese » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:12 pm

Passionwagon wrote:
Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:

Right, I'm posting this again while logged in as it's obviously not going to be approved while posted as a guest.

Piss off Holly, you know fuck all about me. I have done quite well in raising my kids, and they are in the real world, and realise it's perfectly fine to say no to anything which is of no benefit to anyone. I know what my children's needs are, and I don't need any upstart of a teacher with an inflated sense of their own importance to tell me what is best for my kids and what they need. I have the utmost respect for teachers who take their jobs and professions seriously and actually listen to parents about what their children's needs are. I have no respect however, for bastards of teachers who think they are God and know better than anyone else about everything. Same goes for doctors, nurses and other professionals in kids' lives.

And it's people like you who are the reason for parents being made to feel a failure at so many things. Caring and looking after your child's needs is not mollycoddling them. Get a grip!

I don't see how taking care of the mental health of your child could ever be considered as mollycoddling. Keep on doing what you are doing.
creamcheese

Postby dr synne » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Are kids made to take part in sports day. We never were, just the ones who wanted/were good at it. My school had quite a strong neo nazi, paramilitary vibe to it as well.

It was actually a nice day for slacking off and slipping away after lunch time.
dr synne

Postby dr synne » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:23 pm

I doubt there would be calls to make kids opt out of maths and English for the same reason.

I would have loved to have opted out of maths for the same reason.
dr synne

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive