European Jewish population 1930

Re: European Jewish population 1930

Postby wutang » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:24 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Sorry that was a genuine mistake.
I was thinking og the European number in 1930 to answer Arts original question as I was typing.
It is estimated to be around 750,000 to maybe a million.

Sounds about right. Still doesnt change the problem with the 'great migration' narrative in that a mass migration out of palestine/judea would have had a massive social, political and economic effect, not just there but around the wider empire as it had to absorb this excess population. I know Shlomo Sands addressed this in his book The Invention of the Jewish People but its been so many years since I read it I can remember what he said about it.
wutang

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 pm

Bumped for Art .... please link to where you get your figures.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:43 pm

Here are some figures.

European Jewish population distribution, ca. 1933
Jews have lived in Europe for more than two thousand years. The American Jewish Yearbook placed the total Jewish population of Europe at about 9.5 million in 1933. This number represented more than 60 percent of the world's Jewish population, which was estimated at 15.3 million. Most European Jews resided in eastern Europe, with about 5 1/2 million Jews living in Poland and the Soviet Union. Before the Nazi takeover of power in 1933, Europe had a dynamic and highly developed Jewish culture. In little more than a decade, most of Europe would be conquered, occupied, or annexed by Nazi Germany and most European Jews—two out of every three—would be dead.
US Holocaust Memorial Museum
https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/ ... by-country

The figures are similar enough to what I've seen elsewhere to be taken as reliable and can be checked by various Censuses, give or take a couple of years and a few thousand in some of the larger populations. They also tally fairly well with the records made by the Nazis of from where the Camp victims were transported.
I'd be more wary of the USSR, I think that number may include the Jewish Autonomous Oblast, as well as Jews scattered throughout the rest of non-European USSR.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:56 pm

wutang wrote:
McAz wrote:By and large ethnicity is just self-identifying bollox - like nationhood, just another a vehicle to divide people and set them against each other. Jews included. The Welsh included.

The problem here is that Jews are still gonna suffer at the hands of antisemitism whether or not they 'self-identify' as Jewish. The reason the Jewish community developed such a close-knit, cultural community was precisely one of self-protection and self preservation.

We get the same problem when liberals say "I dont see colour", or, "we should stop talking about race", try telling that to the black people suffering at the hands of racial injustice and inequality.

Its easy to take a 'its all bollocks" attitude when it doesn't effect you personally.

I think you've misunderstood the "I don't see colour".
It doesn't mean that people literally don't see the colour of someone's skin, but that they don't judge them by it, nor stereotype or discriminate against them because of it. It doesn't mean they're unaware or in denial of racial issues either. rather that they want a society where skin colour is just that, and not a reason for prejudice or a belief in superiority.
Obviously there are some who will use the terms in the way you describe them because they're trying too much to appear "woke" but I think they're more naive than anything else.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:03 pm

Fletch wrote:
wutang wrote:
Fletch wrote:One can't change their race but they can choose to belong to a religion.

Try telling that to anti-Semites.

In fact the very concept of race as we know it started in medieval Iberia (Spain/Portigal) during the reconquista as the Christain didnt believe the Jews (and to some extent Muslims) were really converting. The idea was that while yes the Jews were activily converting and living their lives in entirely Christian ways their blood is still Jewish and therefore they can never change - hence they expelled them.

Same happened during the Holocaust - yeah your family may have been christian going back generations but if there was just one distant Jewish ancestor at some point then guess what.... gas chamber for you .

No religion is a race. Never has been, despite the propaganda, and never will be.

Is a black Jew the same race as a white Jew?

All Jews are not necessarily the same.

Problems in the promised land
The killing of a black Jew sparks protests in Israel
Most of Ethiopia’s Jews moved to Israel. Not everyone welcomed them
https://www.economist.com/middle-east-a ... -in-israel

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:01 am

Guest wrote:
wutang wrote:
McAz wrote:By and large ethnicity is just self-identifying bollox - like nationhood, just another a vehicle to divide people and set them against each other. Jews included. The Welsh included.

The problem here is that Jews are still gonna suffer at the hands of antisemitism whether or not they 'self-identify' as Jewish. The reason the Jewish community developed such a close-knit, cultural community was precisely one of self-protection and self preservation.

We get the same problem when liberals say "I dont see colour", or, "we should stop talking about race", try telling that to the black people suffering at the hands of racial injustice and inequality.

Its easy to take a 'its all bollocks" attitude when it doesn't effect you personally.

I think you've misunderstood the "I don't see colour".
It doesn't mean that people literally don't see the colour of someone's skin, but that they don't judge them by it, nor stereotype or discriminate against them because of it. It doesn't mean they're unaware or in denial of racial issues either. rather that they want a society where skin colour is just that, and not a reason for prejudice or a belief in superiority.
Obviously there are some who will use the terms in the way you describe them because they're trying too much to appear "woke" but I think they're more naive than anything else.

Very naive and very irritating.
Lady Murasaki

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:26 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Bumped for Art .... please link to where you get your figures.

international census! like I said from the very beginning! london had the second highest population!
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:31 am

it was what two three years ago I said "there wasn't even 6 million jews in europe and even if there where, did they all decide to move to germany?"
art0hur0moh

Postby Cannydc » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:45 pm

The majority were rounded up from Poland, not Germany.

In fact, it is likely that there were more disabled and mentally ill captured and killed in Germany rather than Jews, many of whom had already fled.
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:34 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:it was what two three years ago I said "there wasn't even 6 million jews in europe and even if there where, did they all decide to move to germany?"

Your homework is to find out and post the exact number :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:36 pm

LordRaven wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:it was what two three years ago I said "there wasn't even 6 million jews in europe and even if there where, did they all decide to move to germany?"

He has never once answered a straight question with a straight answer. Standby for references to the Bill of Rights, the Act of Settlement and the Corn Laws.
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:04 pm

Cannydc wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

He has never once answered a straight question with a straight answer. Standby for references to the Bill of Rights, the Act of Settlement and the Corn Laws.

And fatal diseases from beer glasses, continental drift, sterling being scottish (not the castle) and continental drift and some constitutional made up bollocks etc etc etc

Yes, continental drift twice :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:09 pm

I did wonder at the time if he meant Stirling rather than Sterling, but I daren't ask !
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:14 pm

Cannydc wrote:I did wonder at the time if he meant Stirling rather than Sterling, but I daren't ask !

I am sure he knows what he means :ooer:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Fletch » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:42 pm

Cannydc wrote:In fact, it is likely that there were more disabled and mentally ill captured and killed in Germany rather than Jews, many of whom had already fled.

I agree so why has it been hijacked by Jewish interests to the point where other barely, if ever, get a mention?

The maths are also said not to support the numbers claimed given the time span, facilities and methods said to have been used.
Fletch

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs