DS Thread #116

Big Threads

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:13 pm

Guest wrote:Bangla and Bolly banned, what is this heaven? :yess:

School Holidays throws up some twerps now and again. We havent had a decent wind up merchant for a bit, which is a shame as the threads are usually fun :wubbers:

Fun not allowed on DS these days. Too many jokes would fit the citeria of things Hearst don't want to promote on their forums.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

School Holidays throws up some twerps now and again. We havent had a decent wind up merchant for a bit, which is a shame as the threads are usually fun :wubbers:

True, we had a funny twerp here last week called Lora, but I think he’s gone back to work (pretendy work but still, it’s a job). :laughing:

Lora was about as funny as toothache. I was so glad they got banned/stopped posting.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:17 pm

Bezza wrote:Waldo and Frazer won't watch the news because its so depressing and gloomy. :roll:

Mainstream media is full of lies, such as the BBC concealing the booing crowds when Boris Johnson was visiting somewhere recently.

I don't watch the news either.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:19 pm

The ignorance of the person who started the thread about Greta Thunberg not working, and some of the people replying frightens me.

Postby Dean » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

True, we had a funny twerp here last week called Lora, but I think he’s gone back to work (pretendy work but still, it’s a job). :laughing:

Lora was about as funny as toothache. I was so glad they got banned/stopped posting.

Where as you are a barrel of laughs.
Dean

Postby Bezza » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Guest wrote:
Bezza wrote:Waldo and Frazer won't watch the news because its so depressing and gloomy. :roll:

Mainstream media is full of lies, such as the BBC concealing the booing crowds when Boris Johnson was visiting somewhere recently.

I don't watch the news either.

Whoooooshhh Unless you don't know who Waldo and Frazer are?
Bezza

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:05 pm

Guest wrote:
Are you sure you mean homophobic? Some of the worst misogyny and body-shaming, of both men and women,on DS comes from gay male posters.
Just look at the likes of Dee123, pearlsandplums, broadshoulder,ianradioian and WalterNeff for starters.
I'm not a fan of Miley Cyrus's music, but a lot of the attacks on her by the Showbiz crones are down to the fact that she is young, attractive and sexually active - big no-nos for certain posters. :shake head:
Kelly Brook deserves plenty criticism for being a domestic abuser and for making a joke of it, but her looks should be irrelevant.

The gay male posters tend to make more homophobic comments and judge peoples sexuality on what they wear or how they speak- see the long running and recently closed ‘secret gay celebs thread’ and the women on there come out with the worst misogyny.

Whenever people object or point out how disgusting it is to drag women over their looks or bodies, they are accused of fancying the woman in question. I think our very own Jason watkins has had this directed at him before.

Postby Passionwagon » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:09 pm

dearmrman sure despises Michael Jackson. Never misses an opportunity to make it known.
Passionwagon

Postby Passionwagon » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Guest wrote:The ignorance of the person who started the thread about Greta Thunberg not working, and some of the people replying frightens me.

That thread seems to have disappeared now. Which poster was it who wished death on her?
Passionwagon

Postby Dean » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:13 pm

Passionwagon wrote:dearmrman sure despises Michael Jackson. Never misses an opportunity to make it known.

Well to be fair, he did bum little boys...
Dean

Postby Passionwagon » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:15 pm

Dean wrote:
Passionwagon wrote:dearmrman sure despises Michael Jackson. Never misses an opportunity to make it known.

Well to be fair, he did bum little boys...

Well to be even fairer, there's no proof of that. That's all there is to say about that.
Passionwagon

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:31 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Are you sure you mean homophobic? Some of the worst misogyny and body-shaming, of both men and women,on DS comes from gay male posters.
Just look at the likes of Dee123, pearlsandplums, broadshoulder,ianradioian and WalterNeff for starters.
I'm not a fan of Miley Cyrus's music, but a lot of the attacks on her by the Showbiz crones are down to the fact that she is young, attractive and sexually active - big no-nos for certain posters. :shake head:
Kelly Brook deserves plenty criticism for being a domestic abuser and for making a joke of it, but her looks should be irrelevant.

The gay male posters tend to make more homophobic comments and judge peoples sexuality on what they wear or how they speak- see the long running and recently closed ‘secret gay celebs thread’ and the women on there come out with the worst misogyny.

Whenever people object or point out how disgusting it is to drag women over their looks or bodies, they are accused of fancying the woman in question. I think our very own Jason watkins has had this directed at him before.

The worst misogyny on DS definitely comes from male posters and many of them are gay. I’ve seen some extremely disturbing posts from the likes of juliancarswell, broadshoulder, pearlsandplums (who has multiple accounts), SaturnV, sj_mental, Taintedmeat, Isambard_Brunel, Ajman, j_bigz (who was only banned after dismissing incels killing women)
and many others. I remember one poster used to call female posters tarts and slags and constantly claimed men were hugs victims of sexism and women had it so good. He was never banned. For all the talk of the “feminazis” on DS, I only see them defending women from the misogynists that constantly play the victim.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The “white knight” insult, because women are only worth defending if sex is on the table.

Postby dr synne » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:15 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The worst misogyny on DS definitely comes from male posters and many of them are gay. I’ve seen some extremely disturbing posts from the likes of juliancarswell, broadshoulder, pearlsandplums (who has multiple accounts), SaturnV, sj_mental, Taintedmeat, Isambard_Brunel, Ajman, j_bigz (who was only banned after dismissing incels killing women)
and many others. I remember one poster used to call female posters tarts and slags and constantly claimed men were hugs victims of sexism and women had it so good. He was never banned. For all the talk of the “feminazis” on DS, I only see them defending women from the misogynists that constantly play the victim.

Most of these characters who regularly pad out LGBT threads ranting about phobias/intolerence usually have a dismissive or callous attitude to anyone who doesn't toe their party line anyway. Witness the homophobic bus driver and calls for him to be sacked. because homophobics forfeit the right to earn a living and feed their families now.
dr synne

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:17 pm

dr synne wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Most of these characters who regularly pad out LGBT threads ranting about phobias/intolerence usually have a dismissive or callous attitude to anyone who doesn't toe their party line anyway. Witness the homophobic bus driver and calls for him to be sacked. because homophobics forfeit the right to earn a living and feed their families now.

I’ve read that thread and I have no clue what you’re on about. The man refused to do his job, so he should be sacked. Refusing to do what you’re being paid to do because you don’t like the colour of the bus is unprofessional.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive