Do You Have An Item You just HAVE to buy?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Do You Have An Item You just HAVE to buy?

Postby Dean » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:21 pm

Guest wrote:
Dean wrote:
Guest wrote:
Nucks wrote:I'm a sucker for stationery. And craft supplies. The Range is a dangerous shop. :ooer:

The Range is indeed dangerous, every time I come back from there hub says "oh just what we need, more cushions". I say you can never have too many cushions, he says I'm proving that theory wrong. Same for lovely fluffy bath towels from Dunelm. :pmsl:

It’s a laugh a minute in your gaff...

It is thanks, a lovely family home. :wink:

Yet you spend all of your time on here posting as a guest.
Dean

Postby dis » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:44 pm

Today it was refresher sweets, I needed them.
dis

Postby Stooo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:47 pm

dis wrote:Today it was refresher sweets, I needed them.

Do they still fizz?

I used to like the stuff that could blow your teeth apart according to the papers.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby dis » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Stooo wrote:

Do they still fizz?

I used to like the stuff that could blow your teeth apart according to the papers.

Aye they still fizz but not quite like they used to. They are really refreshing, like a drink of juice :mrgreen:

I loved those wee fizz bombs you used to get, and there were also these other sour sweets that had a fizzy sugary coating, they were great.
dis

Postby jra » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:58 pm

Stooo wrote:

Do they still fizz?

What were they called? I might remember them.

I haven't seen Curly Wurlies, Sherbert Dip (sherbert tube/packet with a lolly), those ice drinks which made your tongue blue, Tutti Fruities (sp), The orange/strawberry versions of Fry's Chocolate Cream, Terry's Neapolitans etc. for ages. :dunno: if they still make them.
jra

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:01 pm

Stooo wrote:

Do they still fizz?

Space Dust? :canny:

Postby Stooo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Do they still fizz?

Fuck yeah...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:12 pm

Dean wrote:
Guest wrote:
Dean wrote:
Guest wrote:
Nucks wrote:I'm a sucker for stationery. And craft supplies. The Range is a dangerous shop. :ooer:

The Range is indeed dangerous, every time I come back from there hub says "oh just what we need, more cushions". I say you can never have too many cushions, he says I'm proving that theory wrong. Same for lovely fluffy bath towels from Dunelm. :pmsl:

It’s a laugh a minute in your gaff...

It is thanks, a lovely family home. :wink:

Yet you spend all of your time on here posting as a guest.

Wrong you Brummy thicko :cuppaT:

Postby Bessie » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:01 pm

jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Do they still fizz?

I haven't seen Curly Wurlies, Sherbert Dip (sherbert tube/packet with a lolly), those ice drinks which made your tongue blue, Tutti Fruities (sp), The orange/strawberry versions of Fry's Chocolate Cream, Terry's Neapolitans etc. for ages. :dunno: if they still make them.

Curly wurlies are still available and I think sherbet dips are too, but in a plastic container rather than the paper ones.
Bessie

Postby Gabby » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:25 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Do they still fizz?

Fuck yeah...

Popping candy :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby jra » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:38 pm

Bessie wrote:
jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Do they still fizz?

Curly wurlies are still available and I think sherbet dips are too, but in a plastic container rather than the paper ones.

Fair enough. Crunchies are another one which springs to mind. Again I haven't checked online if they still make them, but I haven't seen those for ages.

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Do they still fizz?

If it's the stuff which came in little sachets with small 'bits' in them, that would be the one.
Last edited by jra on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jra

Postby Dean » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:40 pm

Crunchies? Are you for real you thick nonce?
Dean

Postby Gabby » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:41 pm

jra wrote:
Bessie wrote:
jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Do they still fizz?

Fair enough. Crunchies are another one which springs to mind. Again I haven't checked online if they still make them, but I haven't seen those for ages.

Yeah, I buy the 4 packs, so much smaller though! :shake head:
Gabby

Postby jra » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:53 pm

Gabby wrote:
jra wrote:
Bessie wrote:
jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Do they still fizz?

Yeah, I buy the 4 packs, so much smaller though! :shake head:

It does seem they should be generally available having done a quick check. Shrinkage is a problem with a lot of confectionery and savoury products. Now is this a cost-cutting exercise or to help people cut down on the amount of junk food they eat, it being a health concern regarding obesity. Somehow I don't think it is the latter, though some marketing would lead you to believe otherwise.
jra

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:30 am

Bessie wrote:
jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Do they still fizz?

They don’t taste the same though.

Sherbet fountains were my favourite confectionery.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms