BAN ON HANDS FREE CAR PHONE USE?

Re: BAN ON HANDS FREE CAR PHONE USE?

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:23 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:Why can't car companies just stick a device in the cars that blocks cell phone use?
You can buy hand held Cell phone zappers. So there is the technology out there.

Because jamming signals without the necessary permission is illegal. I went to a call out to a caravan site once that was in a very bad signal area but I got a lock a few metres away from the property. Reported it to OFCOM and next door had a signal jammer running just to piss him off :off head:

People like shit in the car, fucking great screens that integrate with your phone and use a touch interface, no more fiddling with knobs or rummaging under your seat for the lost cassette.

It's unenforceable and will only be used to gain charges for potential traffic offences.

My phone is on all day and broadcasts LBC to me through a speaker (I don't use the built in system) and my phone is set up to only use the phone speaker for calls, therefore I have to hold it to my head to talk into it which I only do when stopped. However, the use of my phone as a distraction if in an accident, could be argued if I was listening to an app or using Waze under these proposed laws. They have to pay for those new prisons somehow...

To use your phone legally you have to stop and SWITCH OFF the ignition .

Isnt pulling over enough?

Nope, you have to switch the engine off so not be in control of the vehicle. I guess it's to differentiate from just being stopped at traffic lights etc.

Postby Gabby » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:22 pm

True ^^^.... you can also sit in your car when pissed so long as you don’t have the keys on you!
Gabby

Postby MungoBrush » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:29 am

Fletch wrote:It might well be a Boris publicity campaign, along with all the other announcements on what they will do, to try and attract voters.

Remember May and her pledge to those 'left behind' and how much fairer she would be? :roll:

Or maybe people will get a fine when the cameras catch them singing along to the radio? :yikes:

Yet more bollox from you
Read the article
(Oh yes, I forgot - you don't actually read anything)

This is a recommendation by the Transport Select Committee of MP's
Who's on that committee?

Chair - Labour
Members:
Labour - 5
Conservative - 4
DUP - 1
SNP - 1

Nothing to do with Boris.
MungoBrush

Postby Fletch » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:37 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Fletch wrote:It might well be a Boris publicity campaign, along with all the other announcements on what they will do, to try and attract voters.

Remember May and her pledge to those 'left behind' and how much fairer she would be? :roll:

Or maybe people will get a fine when the cameras catch them singing along to the radio? :yikes:

Yet more bollox from you
Read the article
(Oh yes, I forgot - you don't actually read anything)

This is a recommendation by the Transport Select Committee of MP's
Who's on that committee?

Chair - Labour
Members:
Labour - 5
Conservative - 4
DUP - 1
SNP - 1

Nothing to do with Boris.

:hand:

I'm sure all the media articles on what the Tories are going to do/spend is all a coincidence and has nothing to do with a new PM
Fletch

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Gabby wrote:True ^^^.... you can also sit in your car when pissed so long as you don’t have the keys on you!

Not sure if the law has changed since, but back in the 90's Me and the brother drove up from a job in Plymouth and parked the car and went for a few beers in the local and then got invited to a party a few doors down from the pub.
After we left the party at about 2/3 am we decided to sleep in the car. We were woken up by some cops at around 7am. And questioned why we sleep in the car. We told them we had to much to drink and didn't want to drive home so slept in the car. The cops checked the bonnet and it was cold and then told us technically they could still arrest the brother who was sat in the drivers seat. Because of intent to drive whilst drunk. The keys weren't in the ignition. They side we were supposed to sleep in the back seat. Never sit in the drivers seat after a few beers.

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:01 pm

Guest wrote:
Gabby wrote:True ^^^.... you can also sit in your car when pissed so long as you don’t have the keys on you!

Not sure if the law has changed since, but back in the 90's Me and the brother drove up from a job in Plymouth and parked the car and went for a few beers in the local and then got invited to a party a few doors down from the pub.
After we left the party at about 2/3 am we decided to sleep in the car. We were woken up by some cops at around 7am. And questioned why we sleep in the car. We told them we had to much to drink and didn't want to drive home so slept in the car. The cops checked the bonnet and it was cold and then told us technically they could still arrest the brother who was sat in the drivers seat. Because of intent to drive whilst drunk. The keys weren't in the ignition. They side we were supposed to sleep in the back seat. Never sit in the drivers seat after a few beers.

Drunk in charge of a vehicle, keep the keys out of the ignition as well. A friend of mine got collared for it but they dropped the charges.
Stooo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs