It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:22 pm

McAz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I'm not keen. I did go out earlier but I felt terrible walking home. Can't wait for Wednesday when it's going to be a lot cooler.

Fortunately it's dropping here tomorrow - just in time to visit the international market in Carlisle. (No big deal for cosmopolitan types - but for us simple folk, ooooh....)

Hotter here tomorrow, pubs on the river methinks. Not had one drop today, made some Gazpacho and filled myself up with that cool refreshing filling drink.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:24 pm

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I'm not keen. I did go out earlier but I felt terrible walking home. Can't wait for Wednesday when it's going to be a lot cooler.

Fortunately it's dropping here tomorrow - just in time to visit the international market in Carlisle. (No big deal for cosmopolitan types - but for us simple folk, ooooh....)

Hotter here tomorrow, pubs on the river methinks. Not had one drop today, made some Gazpacho and filled myself up with that cool refreshing filling drink.

I recall how hot it gets in London - people would just stop and sit down in the street it became so overwhelming at times.

You'd think it was cool here - but for those of us who've acclimatized to colder climes it's bloody awful.
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:28 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:

I recall how hot it gets in London - people would just stop and sit down in the street it became so overwhelming at times.

You'd think it was cool here - but for those of us who've acclimatized to colder climes it's bloody awful.

Live firing attacks, with 81mm mortars, 50 Cals and SF overhead supporting fire, whilst skirmishing 300 metres toward and up a kopje with a severe case of dysentry when dressed in full combat gear quite near the equator was far more oppressive.
We must have been fucking mad.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:37 pm

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:

Live firing attacks, with 81mm mortars, 50 Cals and SF overhead supporting fire, whilst skirmishing 300 metres toward and up a kopje with a severe case of dysentry when dressed in full combat gear quite near the equator was far more oppressive.

Yeah, been down that way...

...but with t-shirt, baggies and sandals. :mrgreen:
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:48 pm

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:Fortunately it's dropping here tomorrow - just in time to visit the international market in Carlisle. (No big deal for cosmopolitan types - but for us simple folk, ooooh....)

Yeah, been down that way...

...but with t-shirt, baggies and sandals. :mrgreen:

Lucky sod, mind you I have to wonder, after seeing casevacs in both locations, whether or not running over pen y fan in summer was worse? Wearing the same gear on a hot day it felt no different.

I am guessing people who suddenly collapse aren't wet shites now, perhaps its just a case of tolerance to extremes of temperature. I have seen the same in dry cold and wet and really windy cold. Some people just seem unable to cope.

One month hypothermia, the next heat exhaustion for some- but in exactly the same location doing the same physical activity.

Maybe its personal metabolism? The older we get the more we feel it both ways.

Old people tend to suffer in extreme cold weather and/or boiling hot weather -along with infants.

If the UK is to get hotter summers and colder winters I guess we will have to adapt, and that applies to the way we build homes.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:57 pm

What is odd about today is that my "pet" pigeons seem to be really hungry, they keep showing up and giving me sad looks so I go and crush up a few crackers for them.

They are eating like horses on such a hot day when I myself have felt like eating really light food.

Also I lovingly put out some water and the bastards just ignored and then went on to crap in it :yikes:

Ungrateful fuckers!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:58 pm

Beer time :more beer:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Nucks » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:09 pm

I find I get bugger all done when it's hot. No wonder they siesta in warmer countries. :thud:
Nucks

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:13 pm

Nucks wrote:I find I get bugger all done when it's hot. No wonder they siesta in warmer countries. :thud:

It makes sense, kip during the hottest part of the day and work again till its cool and have another kip.

I think circadian rhythms change automatically when you go and live in hot countries
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Nucks » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:18 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Nucks wrote:I find I get bugger all done when it's hot. No wonder they siesta in warmer countries. :thud:

It makes sense, kip during the hottest part of the day and work again till its cool and have another kip.

I think circadian rhythms change automatically when you go and live in hot countries

I crashed upstairs for about 3-4 hrs today. I'll probably not sleep well tonight. :grrrrr: Ah well.

The only hot places I've been to are Mexico and Hawaii. Beautiful as they are, I wouldn't want to live there unless I had a/c.
Nucks

Postby calitom » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:24 pm

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:

Ohh..you had it easy!!
calitom

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:26 pm

calitom wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:Fortunately it's dropping here tomorrow - just in time to visit the international market in Carlisle. (No big deal for cosmopolitan types - but for us simple folk, ooooh....)

Ohh..you had it easy!!

Apart from the dysentery yes :pmsl: That was fun when skirmishing :mrgreen:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby calitom » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:31 pm

...hehe there is something about YOUTH that gives one a different perspective
calitom

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:33 pm

calitom wrote:...hehe there is something about YOUTH that gives one a different perspective

True it didn't bother me in the slightest, I just kept going all the way to the top of the kopje and cut my shreddies off and threw them away :mrgreen:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby calitom » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:37 pm

LordRaven wrote:
calitom wrote:...hehe there is something about YOUTH that gives one a different perspective

True it didn't bother me in the slightest, I just kept going all the way to the top of the kopje and cut my shreddies off and threw them away :mrgreen:

what yrs were u in the forces? I never served.....if i would have my only real war would been Grenada.Its kinda scary to think if i were 5 yrs older i woulda been in vietnam.
i have a close friend who served in vietnam with the navy seals..1970 and 71. changes you forever i hear.
calitom

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms