Opinion: The lasting effects of a No Deal Brexit

Re: Opinion: The lasting effects of a No Deal Brexit

Postby Cannydc » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:41 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:I don't get why Leavers have such faith or trust in the Conservative Party to deliver a No Deal Brexit or any meaningful form of Brexit.

It has been a theme through out my life that politicians can't really be trusted and continually backtrack on their promises. The Conservatives have spent the last ten years or so laying waste to public services through austerity which disproportionately impacts on the less well off. Prominent members of the Cabinet have called British people some of the worst idlers in the world and have a cultural dependence on benefits. And somehow now, through the magic of Brexit, they have had a road to Damascus conversion and are super pro-Democracy and the ordinary man on the street. Wut?

And Boris. I confess I quite like him but he's a toff who has got very wealthy through EU connections, was a proponent of well managed globalisation with friends in banking, initially favoured Remain but now he is Mr Nation State? Come on now...

I would quite like him playing himself in the true film, Boris De Pfeffel Johnson - England Manager.

As a politician, he is as slippery as an eel and lies like a cheap Japanese watch. Perfectly matched, some would say, but not for me. The moment I knew was when he emerged as a rabid, ultra committed Brexiteer having claimed to be 'torn' and having written two pieces - one pro EU, one anti to try to decide. Some transformation. And if Remain had won, guess whose side Bojo would have been on.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:45 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
McAz wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
McAz wrote:
Cannydc wrote:" I guess we'll have to think of a new name."

I vote for the very apt Bongo Bongo Land.

Thought up by a little Englander, for other little Englanders. Perfect for little England then.

However.... I have an uneasy feeling that Bojo has prorogued for a very good reason indeed.

Because it will restart as a new parliamentary session, Treeza's deal can be brought back yet again. Tweaked, yes, but essentially the same and presented as a last chance.

It will pass.

And if it does the RedRocs of this world will be jumping up and down with joy even though it fulfills nothing that they voted for and gets not an inch of "their country back".

But in their dense brains and inflated egos they'll continue to believe they have dealt a killer blow against the elite...

...who remain to lord over them just as they always have. :pmsl:

Yes, still in a customs union, still with current freedom of movement rules, harmonised standards and rules BUT NO SAY IN FORMULATING THEM. A vassal state.

My guess is that the 'Big Amendment' to the deal will be a fairly substantial drop in the £39bn bill to around half that.

Fromage will be frothing at the mouth.

Interesting - hadn't thought of that.

Me neither and with some concession on the backstop it has a good chance of passing. The Brady Amendment had the strongest support across the House previously so with that added sweetener a new deal would get across the line.

What a waste of time if that is the end result though. Wonder if we will have a GE in the future where parties run on manifestos of complete re-joining or complete withdrawal?

The backstop amendment could simply be a time limiting of the backstop. Of course it would need to be set in stone. We may even see certain EU assistance to areas close to the border, on both sides consisting of better road / rail infrastructure along with financial assistance for affected businesses.
Cannydc

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:50 pm

Cannydc wrote:
McAz wrote:
Cannydc wrote:" I guess we'll have to think of a new name."

I vote for the very apt Bongo Bongo Land.

Thought up by a little Englander, for other little Englanders. Perfect for little England then.

However.... I have an uneasy feeling that Bojo has prorogued for a very good reason indeed.

Because it will restart as a new parliamentary session, Treeza's deal can be brought back yet again. Tweaked, yes, but essentially the same and presented as a last chance.

It will pass.

And if it does the RedRocs of this world will be jumping up and down with joy even though it fulfills nothing that they voted for and gets not an inch of "their country back".

But in their dense brains and inflated egos they'll continue to believe they have dealt a killer blow against the elite...

...who remain to lord over them just as they always have. :pmsl:

Yes, still in a customs union, still with current freedom of movement rules, harmonised standards and rules BUT NO SAY IN FORMULATING THEM. A vassal state.

My guess is that the 'Big Amendment' to the deal will be a fairly substantial drop in the £39bn bill to around half that.

Fromage will be frothing at the mouth.

I think it's more likely that Bozo will grudgingly 'accept' that the matter can only be settled after a General Election, getting an unavoidable delay to 'settle the matter once and for all'. In that election he hopes to secure enough Conservative seats with his electoral bribes to ditch the DUP. Then free from them he can accept the backstop with the proviso that it be subject to a border poll in which the people of Northern Ireland get to choose between a United Ireland and the United Kingdom after ten years if a deal isn't reached. The DUP would never accept that deal but with them out of the picture it will pass Bozo gets his Little England
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:54 pm

Red Okktober wrote:It looks like the countdown to full meltdown is under way.

Perhaps Stooo could include a few special effects to accompany the mood on here. Maybe clicking on the politics forum could trigger Mahler's Funeral March? Or some wailing banshees?

Some Dignitas ads, and links to the Samaritans might be appropriate as well.

If you insist...

In March, Godfrey gave a speech at the European Parliament voicing the distress following the UK’s announcement in January that reciprocal free healthcare was not guaranteed after Brexit.

Indeed, an overseas pensioner contacted British in Europe to indicate that they were so traumatised by the possibility of being unable to afford or continue their chemotherapy treatment that they had contacted Dignitas and a similar clinic in Belgium to consider their options.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/b ... eal-brexit
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:01 pm

Rocthedog wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:Another soothsayer, can you give me tonight's winning Euromillions numbers please CJ?

I gotta have one of those remainers Crystal Balls not one of those remainers have been right about their predictions. All the labourerits want to do is ,follow their commissar the Turd Corbyn, who is leading his party into oblivion. The Limp Dumbshits do not believe in democracy. So,they are going to be fucked at the next GE. Rock on Boris get us outl of the EU.
Your doing it's the right way.

I'd ask you to stop trolling Rocksforbrains but you're not actually capable of anything else
Cactus Jack

Postby Rocthedog » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:41 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:Another soothsayer, can you give me tonight's winning Euromillions numbers please CJ?

I gotta have one of those remainers Crystal Balls not one of those remainers have been right about their predictions. All the labourerits want to do is ,follow their commissar the Turd Corbyn, who is leading his party into oblivion. The Limp Dumbshits do not believe in democracy. So,they are going to be fucked at the next GE. Rock on Boris get us outl of the EU.
Your doing it's the right way.[/quote)

It still cannot find one. Of those cringing Remoaners Crystal Balls. perhaps the shitcunt Cactus the prat jack can let me have his. Which he keeps quoting from, or perhaps he,s loaned it to Canny the C...t. Who must have that wanker guest who will not admit to his SOL name. Looking over his shoulder and making his crass comments of shyte. Mind you Most Labourites need a good shit as most of them let it come out of t heir mouth.
Rocthedog

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:31 am

Rocthedog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:

Your doing it's the right way.[/quote)

It still cannot find one. Of those cringing Remoaners Crystal Balls. perhaps the shitcunt Cactus the prat jack can let me have his. Which he keeps quoting from, or perhaps he,s loaned it to Canny the C...t. Who must have that wanker guest who will not admit to his SOL name. Looking over his shoulder and making his crass comments of shyte. Mind you Most Labourites need a good shit as most of them let it come out of t heir mouth.

I'd ask you to stop trolling Rocksforbrains but you're not capable of anything else.
Cactus Jack

Postby Rocthedog » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:12 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:

Your doing it's the right way.

I'd ask you to stop trolling Rocksforbrains but you're not actually capable of anything else

I see you have not been to the shitter yet. You must still be opening your mouth.
Rocthedog

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:06 pm

I'd ask you to stop trolliing Rocksforbrains but you're not capable of anything else.
Cactus Jack

Postby Rocthedog » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:09 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I'd ask you to stop trolliing Rocksforbrains but you're not capable of anything else.

I suggets you take a shit as it,s still coming out of your mouth.
Rocthedog

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:14 pm

Rocthedog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I'd ask you to stop trolliing Rocksforbrains but you're not capable of anything else.

I suggets you take a shit as it,s still coming out of your mouth.

I'd ask you stop trolling rocksforbrains but you aren't capable of anything else
Cactus Jack

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:37 pm

Is the Fed planning on crashing the dollar?
Is the UK about to install an electronic currency at the same time and the Fed follow suit?
Is this all something to do with Brexit?
Bring Europe down a peg or ten through economic upheaval and rescue the fading fortunes of the Anglo American banking system?
Remember the whole world is drowning in western created debt and a way out and forward has to be figured out.
The European banking world is right on the edge just now.
I don't profess to understand it all but when the governor of the Bank of England gives a speech to other central bank governors saying it would be a good idea to ditch the American dollar as reserve currency then something very big and strange is happening.
Anyone else suggests such a thing they become a terrorist nation an enemy of freedom and an enemy of America.
When The Bank of England say it ..... :dunno:
Of course any replies to this post will be full of ahh but it's only because .... no it isn't it's unheard of.
This is a new dynamic all together.
Here we are in what many refer to as the start of the second industrial revolution and one half of Anglo America are making speeches about ditching the other halfs currency!
Spend it don't hoard it any longer .... strange times.
The first industrial revolution overturned thousands of years of normal never changing much history for a whole new dynamic.
The second revolution can be seen and to an extent predicted where as the first couldn't and wasn't but we are certainly headed for a new dynamic where our technology is racing ahead of the capabilities of its creators.
Everything has to change and it isn't just going to be left to unfold .... someone is going to want to be ahead of the curve in control where possible and in charge where not.
I suspect Mark Carney's words are a big announcement to the world that big changes to the world's economy are unfolding and it will be the Anglo American banking system that runs the show if at all possible.
His speech certainly breaks new ground regarding the dollar as reserve currency.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Text » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:18 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Is the Fed planning on crashing the dollar?
Is the UK about to install an electronic currency at the same time and the Fed follow suit?
Bring Europe down a peg or ten through economic upheaval and rescue the fading fortunes of the Anglo American banking system?
Remember the whole world is drowning in western created debt and a way out and forward has to be figured out.
I don't profess to understand it all but when the governor of the Bank of England gives a speech to other central bank governors saying it would be a good idea to ditch the American dollar as reserve currency then something very big and strange is happening.
Anyone else suggests such a thing they become a terrorist nation an enemy of freedom and an enemy of America.
Of course any replies to this post will be full of ahh but it's only because .... no it isn't it's unheard of.
Here we are in what many refer to as the start of the second industrial revolution and one half of Anglo America are making speeches about ditching the other halfs currency!
The first industrial revolution overturned thousands of years of normal never changing much history for a whole new dynamic.
The second revolution can be seen and to an extent predicted where as the first couldn't and wasn't but we are certainly headed for a new dynamic where our technology is racing ahead of the capabilities of its creators.
Everything has to change and it isn't just going to be left to unfold .... someone is going to want to be ahead of the curve in control where possible and in charge where not.
I suspect Mark Carney's words are a big announcement to the world that big changes to the world's economy are unfolding and it will be the Anglo American banking system that runs the show if at all possible.
His speech certainly breaks new ground regarding the dollar as reserve currency.

Hi Rolly! :Hiya:

If you go down to the woods laundromart today .........

:cuppaT:
Text

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:18 pm

You seen this Fletch?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Fletch » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:19 pm

My thinking is they know the gig is up. The ponzi scheme has got unmanageable since the widespread use of computers making money creation so easy and debt so easy to apply for. The US is just the biggest of the unpayable worldwide debt and the increasing use of force to use it's currency in trade and banking system of SWIFT is causing others to think again about an alternative.

Crypto currencies are being created in many forms and I think banking wants in on the action or risk being cut out of a lot of finance. The perfect storm is the collapse of FIAT and then the creation of a saviour crypto from banking. It also ensures a cash free society, which is something they've wanted for a long time. That means total control of the people and complete financial disclosure to banking and governments.

Gold and silver will be the ones to watch as the gold exchanges ponzi scheme (paper gold) will also collapse, probably first.
Fletch

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs