SURELY OUR NEXT PM ?

SURELY OUR NEXT PM ?

Postby Cannydc » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:06 pm

The consultant neurologist who clashed with Jacob Rees-Mogg over contingency plans for a no-deal Brexit has challenged the politician to report him to the General Medical Council.

David Nicholl, who drew up a risk register of epilepsy and neurology drugs for the government’s Operation Yellowhammer plans for no deal, said he was not going to take lessons from a “muppet” who had no medical qualifications.

“If he has got doubts about my probity, I am more than happy to be referred to the GMC,” said Nicholl.

“I am not bothered about Jacob Rees-Mogg. I’m not going to take a single word of health lessons from a muppet like him. What does he know about epilepsy or neuropathic pain?” he added.

“What I am worried about is my patients. To suggest I am wrong in what I say is defamatory. When, as I have done, I look people in the eye and say some of the drugs they are on might be in short supply and who are understandably worried, what he says about me is ridiculous.”

Anyone who calls Greasy Mugg a muppet wins my vote.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... g-concerns
Cannydc

Re: SURELY OUR NEXT PM ?

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:57 am

Greased Smug is, unfortunately, representative of the Brexshitters approach over the past three years.

Presented with any undeniable fact they simply refuse to believe it and fall back on the line about 17.4 million people, conveniently forgetting a large part of the electoral strategy of the pro-Brexit campaign was that leaving the EU held a range of options in which No Deal did not feature at all.

Having met concerns in the campaign with the idea that Spanish farmers and German car makers would batter down the doors of The Commission and demand the UK be given full access to the Single Market without meeting any of the criteria for entry thereto and been proven 100% wrong you would think a modicum of doubt would have entered their minds but also dogma, xenophobia and narcissism leave no room in their heads for anything else.
Cactus Jack

Postby Cannydc » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:36 pm

And as another doctor, Philip Lee, crosses the floor of the house I think we are getting a flavour of what NHS staff really think of the way the Tories are handling Brexit, the NHS and the country as a whole.

Doctors tend to describe situations honestly and without compromise. There shouldn't be any in the Tory party at all.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:49 pm

Cannydc wrote:And as another doctor, Philip Lee, crosses the floor of the house I think we are getting a flavour of what NHS staff really think of the way the Tories are handling Brexit, the NHS and the country as a whole.

Doctors tend to describe situations honestly and without compromise. There shouldn't be any in the Tory party at all.

That was hilarious during Boris’ speech

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:14 pm

Cannydc wrote:And as another doctor, Philip Lee, crosses the floor of the house I think we are getting a flavour of what NHS staff really think of the way the Tories are handling Brexit, the NHS and the country as a whole.

You need to meet more doctors or realise that you are surrounded by mad bastards...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:30 pm

The NHS would not only be chronically short of staff in the event of a No Deal Brexit it may find itself short of vital medicines and radio isotopes too. In a situation where an hour's delay can be fatal potential Brexit delays of up to three hours per lorry would be catastrophic.

That's why the doctors, who are facing this reality head on, are going all out to stop the disaster before it happens
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:46 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

The NHS would not only be chronically short of staff in the event of a No Deal Brexit it may find itself short of vital medicines and radio isotopes too. In a situation where an hour's delay can be fatal potential Brexit delays of up to three hours per lorry would be catastrophic.

That's why the doctors, who are facing this reality head on, are going all out to stop the disaster before it happens

The system broke down at a secure site that I visit last December. It took a thirty second delay between hitting the button and getting the barrier open, I waited half an hour to get out one day because of the queue. That's about ten HGV's.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby MungoBrush » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:50 am

Cannydc wrote:The consultant neurologist who clashed with Jacob Rees-Mogg over contingency plans for a no-deal Brexit has challenged the politician to report him to the General Medical Council.

David Nicholl, who drew up a risk register of epilepsy and neurology drugs for the government’s Operation Yellowhammer plans for no deal, said he was not going to take lessons from a “muppet” who had no medical qualifications.

“If he has got doubts about my probity, I am more than happy to be referred to the GMC,” said Nicholl.

“I am not bothered about Jacob Rees-Mogg. I’m not going to take a single word of health lessons from a muppet like him. What does he know about epilepsy or neuropathic pain?” he added.

“What I am worried about is my patients. To suggest I am wrong in what I say is defamatory. When, as I have done, I look people in the eye and say some of the drugs they are on might be in short supply and who are understandably worried, what he says about me is ridiculous.”

He says that he wouldn't take medical advice from a politician
Well, I wouldn't take legal advice from a doctor.
He should ask a legal expert what the meaning of "defamation" is before he continues to spout crap.
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:58 am

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:The consultant neurologist who clashed with Jacob Rees-Mogg over contingency plans for a no-deal Brexit has challenged the politician to report him to the General Medical Council.

He should ask a legal expert what the meaning of "defamation" is before he continues to spout crap.

You don’t die of defamation - you may well die when a senior politician lies about the provision of medical services.
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:35 am

MungoBrush wrote:

He doesn't need to.

Defamation is the action of damaging the good reputation of someone.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating - if the good Doctor is wrong, there is no defamation. If, however, his forecasts turn out to be accurate, he can rightly accuse Greasy Mugg of harming his reputation. Never mind taking health lessons from Greasy Mugg - I wouldn't take political lessons from him.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:22 pm

Do they fuck! They always tell people they are fine even if they are dying.

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:01 am

MungoBrush wrote:

Jacob Rees-Mogg has apologised to an NHS consultant for comparing him to a disgraced anti-vaxxer in a row over Brexit.

The leader of the Commons has been facing an intense backlash for his remarks about neurologist Dr David Nicholl.

Mr Rees-Mogg compared the distinguished doctor, who warned that a no-deal Brexit could lead to more deaths, to Andrew Wakefield. Dr Wakefield started a bogus scare about the MMR vaccine and was later struck off the medical register.

Following the backlash from a number of MPs, Mr Rees-Mogg has apologised for the comment he made in the Commons. He said: "I apologise to Dr Nicholl for the comparison with Dr Wakefield.

“I have the utmost respect for all of the country's hardworking medical professionals and the work they do in caring for the people of this country."

Seems that comparing a respected doctor to one who was struck off and left the country in ignominy does deserve a grovelling apology after all, Bungle.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... ocial&utm_
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:28 am

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

He doesn't need to.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating - if the good Doctor is wrong, there is no defamation. If, however, his forecasts turn out to be accurate, he can rightly accuse Greasy Mugg of harming his reputation. Never mind taking health lessons from Greasy Mugg - I wouldn't take political lessons from him.

Wrong again
MP's are protected by parliamentary privilege
Of course, the GP would have known this is he had got some proper legal advice before he lashed out
The GP is a hypocrite.
MungoBrush

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:07 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

He doesn't need to.

Wrong again
Of course, the GP would have known this is he had got some proper legal advice before he lashed out
The GP is a hypocrite.

MPs are only protected whilst in Parliament not on the radio and TV
Cactus Jack

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:18 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

He doesn't need to.

Wrong again
The GP is a hypocrite.

MPs are only protected whilst in Parliament not on the radio and TV

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: Absolutely correct.

And I note that Bungle has failed to comment on Greasy Smugg's grovelling apology. Not a usual occurrence for such an entitled Tory chap.

And he must still be searching desperately for a name... any name... as a valid replacement when Bonkers Boris quits.
Cannydc

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs