ABANDON SHIP !!

ABANDON SHIP !!

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:45 pm

The list of senior Tory MPs throwing in the towel at the next general election grew longer, with Sir Michael Fallon joining the PM’s brother Jo Johnson, former party chairwoman Dame Caroline Spelman, ex-minister Nick Hurd, Jeremy Lefroy and Keith Simpson. And don't forget Tory Scottish leader Ruth Davidson.

Former defence secretary Sir Michael said: “I would hope there would be some kind of appeal mechanism that they (the 21 rebels) can find now so they get the chance to state their case.” He told BBC Radio 4’s Today: “I also worry that it sends the wrong message to Remainers, particularly in my party.

“I think, by definition, some five million Conservatives must have voted Remain and we have got to be very careful not to drive them into the hands of remainer parties like the Liberal Democrats in England or the Scottish nationalists in Scotland.”

Rebel MP Anoinette Sandbach commented: “Purge starting to turn into an exodus ... its a tragedy and is the legacy of ERG and Spartans.”

Wave them goodbye :Hiya:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 1567765688
Cannydc

Re: ABANDON SHIP !!

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:03 pm

5 of the first 6 threads are about Brexit, can't you just keep it to one thread?
Plus they all seem to be started by remainers. Obviously you are all in a panic and worried that Brexit is really going to happen. In which case posting new threads daily on a small forum isn't going to change fuck all :thumbsup:
Maybe you should use the forum to forget your worries and try having some fun on here :bawlin:

Postby MungoBrush » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:07 pm

And bye bye to all the Labour MP’s who have been deselected
And bye bye to Norman Lamb
MungoBrush

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:08 pm

Cactus Jack

Postby Cobs » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:11 pm

They've been fucked since MV3 failed. An implosion in slow motion.
Cobs

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Guest wrote:5 of the first 6 threads are about Brexit, can't you just keep it to one thread?
Plus they all seem to be started by remainers. Obviously you are all in a panic and worried that Brexit is really going to happen. In which case posting new threads daily on a small forum isn't going to change fuck all :thumbsup:
Maybe you should use the forum to forget your worries and try having some fun on here :bawlin:

They're on fallouts from Brexit not Brexit itself.
Cactus Jack

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:35 pm

Guest wrote:5 of the first 6 threads are about Brexit, can't you just keep it to one thread?

If you find a news, politics and current affairs story with fun in it, start a thread. I'll happily join in.

As to your other point, only 2 of those threads were started today, the rest go back as far as August 27th. They return to the top because people comment on them.
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:40 pm

No, we like taking the piss out of the gammon...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Mr Wetherspoon » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:48 pm

Stooo wrote:

You’re all welcome to drink cheap beer at my places no matter what you want. :more beer:
Mr Wetherspoon

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:01 pm

Mr Wetherspoon wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You’re all welcome to drink cheap beer at my places no matter what you want. :more beer:

No I'm not but you've given me an idea for a cunning plan :wink: :wurms:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:15 pm

Cannydc wrote:

If you find a news, politics and current affairs story with fun in it, start a thread. I'll happily join in.

As to your other point, only 2 of those threads were started today, the rest go back as far as August 27th. They return to the top because people comment on them.

But it's the same 4/5 posters posting the same shit in all the threads. The vast majority of Britain are bored with it and hope we just leave now and get on with it.
What the fuck will you lot do on 1st November :dunno:

Postby McAz » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:23 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

But it's the same 4/5 posters posting the same shit in all the threads. The vast majority of Britain are bored with it and hope we just leave now and get on with it.

Why, what's happening on October 31st? :dunno:
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:30 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

I suspect that the answer is FUCKING CELEBRATE !!! And I also suspect that you hate these threads because they cruelly expose the dire state of some things you support.

:twirl: :twirl: :twirl: :more beer: Here's to ditching Brexit, into the same ditch that Bonkers Boris promised to die in. :cheers:
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:36 pm

Cannydc wrote:I suspect that the answer is FUCKING CELEBRATE !!! And I also suspect that you hate these threads because they cruelly expose the dire state of some things you support.

:twirl: :twirl: :twirl: :more beer: Here's to ditching Brexit, into the same ditch that Bonkers Boris promised to die in. :cheers:

You forgot Chuka Umunna
He dumped Labour, and will fight the Cities of London and Westminster parliamentary seat for the Lib Dems at the next general election
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:46 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:I suspect that the answer is FUCKING CELEBRATE !!! And I also suspect that you hate these threads because they cruelly expose the dire state of some things you support.

You forgot Chuka Umunna
He dumped Labour, and will fight the Cities of London and Westminster parliamentary seat for the Lib Dems at the next general election

Sorry, what has he got to do with celebrating the impending doom of Brexit, Bojo and the Bastard Tory party ?
Cannydc

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs