Amber Rudd resigns

Re: Amber Rudd resigns

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:41 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:Third thread to mention it. Where would you like it to be merged?

Please keep it all here Stooo not the arms.

Ever likely i never saw it then when it popped up in there. WTF is politics doing mixed in with Katie fucking Price? :dunno:

Bad moderation mixed with apathy, I'm currently flagellating myself because of the shame of the thing.

Every day in every way I'm getting better and better... :woteva:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby wutang » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:42 am

wutang

Postby LordRaven » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:49 am

Grafenwalder wrote:

"I no longer believe leaving with a deal is the government’s main objective."

I must also address the assault on decency and democracy that took place last week when you sacked 21 talented, loyal One Nation Conservatives.

“This short sighted culling of my colleagues has stripped the Party of broad-minded and dedicated Conservative MPs. I cannot support this act of political vandalism.”

Yet she supported Johnson proroguing parliament. It's taken her long enough to wake up and smell the coffee.

It is getting worse, what on earth is going on? It is total madness.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:44 am

"It is getting worse, what on earth is going on? It is total madness."

The moderately sensible wing of the Tory party is getting out while they still can, in an attempt to maintain their 'Center-right, one nation Tory' veneer of respectability.

At some stage, if this exodus continues, we might even see the emergence of a new, true center-right party - perhaps akin to the Christian Democrats in Germany minus the Catholic undertones. Mind you, how any Tory MP could claim to be Christian is beyond me, not that small details like that would stop them.
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:53 pm

Cannydc wrote:"It is getting worse, what on earth is going on? It is total madness."

The moderately sensible wing of the Tory party is getting out while they still can, in an attempt to maintain their 'Center-right, one nation Tory' veneer of respectability.

At some stage, if this exodus continues, we might even see the emergence of a new, true center-right party - perhaps akin to the Christian Democrats in Germany minus the Catholic undertones. Mind you, how any Tory MP could claim to be Christian is beyond me, not that small details like that would stop them.

Not that Javid bloke for a start, nor that Patel woman...

I can see the beginnings of a Super Centre forming with the Remain (or Rebel) Alliance. I can't say much about the RW, racist tossers have always been there they're just emboldened now. RA is all parties that are not extreme and people rub along just fine as we all have seen in the last two years or so. What it has done is made us actually do something about it!

I joined the Libs on Jan 1st 2017, the first political party that I've ever joined and I doubt if I was the only one who decided to join a party to see what all the fuss was about. If you had told me then that I'd be wandering around dressed like a firework at the weekends and on my hollybobs I'd have laughed in your face. We are seeing the results of public apathy towards politics being assumed by our leaders and it is going to stop. It appears that Labour was no.2 here in '17, I won't campaign for them but I will vote for them.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:12 pm

Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:"It is getting worse, what on earth is going on? It is total madness."

Not that Javid bloke for a start, nor that Patel woman...

I can see the beginnings of a Super Centre forming with the Remain (or Rebel) Alliance. I can't say much about the RW, racist tossers have always been there they're just emboldened now. RA is all parties that are not extreme and people rub along just fine as we all have seen in the last two years or so. What it has done is made us actually do something about it!

I joined the Libs on Jan 1st 2017, the first political party that I've ever joined and I doubt if I was the only one who decided to join a party to see what all the fuss was about. If you had told me then that I'd be wandering around dressed like a firework at the weekends and on my hollybobs I'd have laughed in your face. We are seeing the results of public apathy towards politics being assumed by our leaders and it is going to stop. It appears that Labour was no.2 here in '17, I won't campaign for them but I will vote for them.

Tactical voting and parties agreeing not to run against each other will probably become the norm.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby wutang » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:13 pm

Cannydc wrote:The moderately sensible wing of the Tory party is getting out while they still can, in an attempt to maintain their 'Center-right, one nation Tory' veneer of respectability.

Which is laughable considering the horrific things their party have done while in power over the last 9 years.

If the 'moderate sensible' Tories were happy to carry out these sickening policies then I would argue that they are neither sensible or moderate.

The old maxim still holds true... there are no good tories
wutang

Postby wutang » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:16 pm

Tory Scumbag
wutang

Postby wutang » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:32 pm

Rudds replacement is in...

Another heartless piece of shit
wutang

Postby Cannydc » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:37 pm

wutang wrote:
Cannydc wrote:The moderately sensible wing of the Tory party is getting out while they still can, in an attempt to maintain their 'Center-right, one nation Tory' veneer of respectability.

Which is laughable considering the horrific things their party have done while in power over the last 9 years.

If the 'moderate sensible' Tories were happy to carry out these sickening policies then I would argue that they are neither sensible or moderate.

The old maxim still holds true... there are no good tories

There aren't - I really should have qualified that line to read "Those considering themselves as the moderately sensible wing of the Tory party is getting out while they still can"

They of course would defend consistently voting to make the poor poorer, the sick sicker and both die quicker as party policy which they would claim was in their manifesto...

Utter shite, of course.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Therese Coffey

New DWP minister Therese Coffey is an MP who recommended the limit on Fixed Odds Betting Terminals in shops be lifted. Ladbrokes then paid for her and her staff to have a day out at the races...

She employs her sister as a 'secretary'.

And the word is, she's actually Mark Francois in a wig.
Cannydc

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Stooo wrote:I'm a real gobshite IRL but I'm thrown when people ask me what happens now, I really haven't a clue :ooer:

Lib Dem’s will keep gaining seats. Politics will become more polarised...that’s as far as I can see into the future...
Lady Murasaki

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:56 pm

Cannydc wrote:Therese Coffey

New DWP minister Therese Coffey is an MP who recommended the limit on Fixed Odds Betting Terminals in shops be lifted. Ladbrokes then paid for her and her staff to have a day out at the races...

She employs her sister as a 'secretary'.

And the word is, she's actually Mark Francois in a wig.

LMAO - you think a day out at the races (roughly £10-25 admission fee, depending on the meeting. Plus any food thrown in, if indeed it was) constitutes some sort of bribe, for recommending removing the limit on the multi billion pound fixed-odds betting industry? :pmsl:

As for employing her sister as a secretary, she wouldn't be the first MP to employ a family member would she?

What did you think of Kate Osamor, Labour MP for Edmonton, employing her convicted drug dealer son as a 'senior communications officer'? Something she had to later resign over.

As far as I'm aware, Coffey's sister isn't a convicted felon, and is entitled to work as a secretary. So what's your problem?
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:59 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:I'm a real gobshite IRL but I'm thrown when people ask me what happens now, I really haven't a clue :ooer:

Lib Dem’s will keep gaining seats. Politics will become more polarised...that’s as far as I can see into the future...

Towards the centre?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:03 pm

Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Towards the centre?

Maybe but not for the right reasons.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs