What does it mean to be a Man?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: What does it mean to be a Man?

Postby Jon55 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:27 pm

What I find shocking is the amount of men over 50 who commit suicide ... why don't they tell someone how they are feeling and ask for help? I have just had to repost this because I was blocked - but someone's father on This Morning took his own life and she couldn't save him even though she was a counsellor.

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Jon55 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon55

Postby McAz » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Jon55 wrote:What I find shocking is the amount of men over 50 who commit suicide ... why don't they tell someone how they are feeling and ask for help?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/healthand

Quite possibly because they are too depressed or despaired to reach out.
McAz

Postby Jon55 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:39 pm

McAz wrote:
Jon55 wrote:What I find shocking is the amount of men over 50 who commit suicide ... why don't they tell someone how they are feeling and ask for help?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/healthand

I can't seem to post anything about this - I think men can't tell anyone how they feel because it is a sign of weakness. Years ago I worked with a woman whose husband had lost his job so she used to go home every lunchtime to prepare him a sandwich and talk with him. One day she went home and there was a note on the front door asking her to use the back door which she did. She went in to find him hanging in the hall - she never got over the shock and had no idea he was so depressed.
Jon55

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:41 pm

calitom wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:Your average man couldn’t run into a burning building, carry 220lb men across a battlefield or fight on the front lines.
You need training to do those. And there is absolutely frig all stopping a woman training alongside men and being able to do those things.

dumbest post of the yr contestant.--but don't take it as a personal attack..i am sure you are a fine, intelligent woman normally

So you believe those skills are innate for men? That they take no training? Or that women are completely incapable?

Are you actually going to make a point or just fling about insults? :roll:
NastyNickers

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:57 pm

jra wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:You think very few women are physical able to log, mine and fish? :pmsl:

Yes. Either that or they don't want to do it.

Women don’t fish because it’s flipping boring!
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Jon55 wrote:
McAz wrote:

I can't seem to post anything about this - I think men can't tell anyone how they feel because it is a sign of weakness. Years ago I worked with a woman whose husband had lost his job so she used to go home every lunchtime to prepare him a sandwich and talk with him. One day she went home and there was a note on the front door asking her to use the back door which she did. She went in to find him hanging in the hall - she never got over the shock and had no idea he was so depressed.

Grim. :ooer:
McAz

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Meg wrote:Feminism isnt a single monolith, but its primary aim is to raise women up and achieve parity with men. Different waves of feminism go about this in different ways.

Why is it up to women to find out from men what they want and then sort it out for them? I would absolutely support men if they campaigned for fairer treatment with things like parental leave, but it's not up to feminists to campaign for it. If men want stuff done that badly then they should do something about it and not whinge about other groups who are campaigning for things that they want.

Personally I think more men should whinge, cry etc. It’s healthy, it gets rid of stress to have a good moan, I should know! :mrgreen:
That’s why women live longer, we communicate and get support whether the person supporting us wants to or not! :snooty:
Usually they want to.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Red Okktober » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:20 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Personally I think more men should whinge, cry etc. It’s healthy, it gets rid of stress to have a good moan, I should know! :mrgreen:

You not been reading the Brexit threads on here then?
Red Okktober

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Personally I think more men should whinge, cry etc. It’s healthy, it gets rid of stress to have a good moan, I should know! :mrgreen:

You not been reading the Brexit threads on here then?

:laughing:
I’m worried that some are going to depress themselves with the scare stories but I meant discussing difficulties, owning up to shortcomings. Not nec on forums, it’s too competitive online and you can’t see a persons body language.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:25 pm

Vam wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
For sure.

True story: when my eldest was just under 6 months old my wife needed to have major surgery meaning she was in a wheelchair for many months while she recovered. I had offered my employer my resignation at the time as it was clear I needed to be at home to look after her and my daughter full time. My employer left my job open saying they didn't want to replace me. I have repaid that kindness many times over in loyalty and productivity to the firm since that time.

Being a full time carer for my wife and daughter was stupidly hard. Looking back on it though I wouldn't change it for the world. It allowed me time to see my daughter develop and created such a strong bond with her that remains true to this day. It enriched the relationship I had with my wife and made me appreciate just how much work motherhood entails.

We have the world wrong. Family and community are what makes happy, fulfilled lives not stuff and money.

:smilin: ... with that post, you've just answered the question in your thread title.

Ne plus ultra, personified! Apart from any character flaws you might wanna 'fess up to, of course :wink:

Exactement. Material possessions mean nothing without love and family for sure. :wink:

Postby Frankly » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
For sure.

True story: when my eldest was just under 6 months old my wife needed to have major surgery meaning she was in a wheelchair for many months while she recovered. I had offered my employer my resignation at the time as it was clear I needed to be at home to look after her and my daughter full time. My employer left my job open saying they didn't want to replace me. I have repaid that kindness many times over in loyalty and productivity to the firm since that time.

Being a full time carer for my wife and daughter was stupidly hard. Looking back on it though I wouldn't change it for the world. It allowed me time to see my daughter develop and created such a strong bond with her that remains true to this day. It enriched the relationship I had with my wife and made me appreciate just how much work motherhood entails.

We have the world wrong. Family and community are what makes happy, fulfilled lives not stuff and money.

:smilin: ... with that post, you've just answered the question in your thread title.

Ne plus ultra, personified! Apart from any character flaws you might wanna 'fess up to, of course :wink:

Exactement. Material possessions mean nothing without love and family for sure. :wink:

You just can't help yourself can you, you nasty, obsessed weirdo :hand:
Frankly

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:00 pm

some posts get through, the best thing to do is report or ignore them

the person doing it just wants/needs attention

starve them I say
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:37 pm

Frankly wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
For sure.

You just can't help yourself can you, you nasty, obsessed weirdo :hand:

S'ok, Fran (but thanks :smilin: )

Allow psychotic clowns to post. Expect a circus :dunno:
Vam

Postby Gabby » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:43 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:some posts get through, the best thing to do is report or ignore them

starve them I say

So why allow them through? :dunno:
Gabby

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Gabby wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:some posts get through, the best thing to do is report or ignore them

starve them I say

So why allow them through? :dunno:

you'd have to ask the admin that let it through

I weed them all out, the ones that target in that insidious way, it's irrelevant who the target is
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms