Life In America

A right load of bollocks...

Life In America

Postby calitom » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:51 pm

calitom

Re: Life In America

Postby Text » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:52 pm

Another MAGA nostalgic thread?
Tom it's just an illusion. There was never a golden age in America. It's just wishful thinking in your head. :brickwall:
You cannot make something great ''AGAIN'' when it was never great in the first place.
Trump does not care about you, he invented that soundbite for the populist vote.
Text

Postby calitom » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:09 pm

Text wrote:Another MAGA nostalgic thread?
Tom it's just an illusion. There was never a golden age in America. It's just wishful thinking in your head. :brickwall:
You cannot make something great ''AGAIN'' when it was never great in the first place.
Trump does not care about you, he invented that soundbite for the populist vote.

Who said this was a golden age? you obviously didnt watch this video-which was brilliant
calitom

Postby Vam » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:10 pm

Aside from that, you're in good shape ... :smilin:
Vam

Postby Text » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:13 pm

Republicans campaigning for votes just love to sell this idyllic image to gullible people.
Stepford wives and their doting hubbies playing happy families.
Shiny happy well behaved 'ovalteeny' kids, in picture perfect white-picket-fences homes.

I remember Sarah Palin doing this about ten years ago.
Even tho her crazy family was getting more dysfunctional by the day. Now sadly her husband is divorcing.

Her daughter was taking millions of $$'s from organisations under false pretences. To promote celibacy nationwide among other teens but she was very sexually active at the time, that became quite clear.

Politicians. Damn liars, the lot of them.
Try not to foist your Trumpesque fantasies on people in forums Tom, you won't get many takers. :pointlaugh:
Text

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:51 pm

50s early 60's America was the best white people ever achieved for white people in the western world.
A solid and well off middle class and a working class who largely wanted for nothing.
Shame it was so short lived .... for the white people.
Tom it is no longer available as the entire American way was built on resources and debt one of which you no longer have in such abundance and another which you're drowning in.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Text » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:10 pm

calitom wrote:
Text wrote:Another MAGA nostalgic thread?

Who said this was a golden age? you obviously didnt watch this video-

which was brilliant

Of course it was ''brilliant.''...……. A brilliant fantasy!
I watched it twice.

Let's look at the realities that lay underneath that happy veneer.
That ''brilliant'' 50's era was sandwiched between WW2 & the Korean war on one side ….. and the Vietnam & the Iraq war on the other side.
Vets had ptsd, young teens worried about conscription, gay men hid in the closet, mexicans & blacks were exploited, liberal academics were bullied, political dissenters feared witchhunts cos being branded 'commies' meant disaster.

The perfection you see in that clip was just a snapshot in time. Too brief & transient to be meaningful, imo.
But thanks anyway for a thought provoking film. :thumbsup:
Text

Postby Bella » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:22 pm

calitom wrote:
\i loved watching that , from a retro point of view.
Bella

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:23 pm

How many troops are stationed around the world at the moment Tom because events are unfolding where the dollar is going to be ditched even The Bank of England suggesting it's time as reserve currency needs to come to an end. When that happens the petrodollar dies and the troops .... all of them as good as will have to come home .... how the fuck will America cope with that?
The strange thing with The Bank of England calling for the dollars demise is whenever anyone goes down that road they automatically become enemies of America. Something very strange going on but Tom .... your American dream is long gone and won't be ever coing back.
Asia 9 is where it's at now.
The new Eurasian times are about to happen .... and me and you won't be in it!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Bella » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:44 pm

Bella

Postby calitom » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:54 am

When did I ever tell you 'people' that life was idyllic?? And what does this have to do with trump you Trump derangement syndrome sufferers?
It was a cute little documentary with some quaint old phrases used in the 40s and 50s that did not itself claim life to be problem free.
it spoke about people scrimping and saving to put a down payment on a house...and showed a guy with a fairly permanent job in a factory
coming home to enjoy just sitting with his family and reading a newspaper.

im not saying that most of you sound like jagoffs---But you are pushing it.
Just enjoy something for what it is.--The way of speaking,the american working class phrases,the neighborhood card party--all stuff my parents used to have.

If you showed me something similar from England i would appreciate it for what it is.-In fact Birmingham UK s Dunlop tire built a huge facility in my hometown of Buffalo NY--
And there are some similarities in the blue collar history of both towns..

I'd love to see some corny old documentary from the 40s or 50s about UK life..
calitom

Postby Jon55 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:07 am

I have posted on a few American sites and they are a lot tougher than any sites in the UK. A few years ago I got banned after I private messaged a fellow brit to inform her that admin was reading our private messages. I then received a message from Cathy the religious owner of the site informing me that this site is not for me because it is in the US so look elsewhere she ended it with "God Bless You" Cathy Hystersisters Founder - it really made me smile and I haven't rejoined she can stick her site where the sun don't shine!
Jon55

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:51 am

Tom posts a pleasant video about life during 50s America and the usual suspects, with the exception of Bella, jump on his back. What a bunch of losers.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:28 am

Guest wrote:Tom posts a pleasant video about life during 50s America and the usual suspects, with the exception of Bella, jump on his back. What a bunch of losers.

Totally agree.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:10 am

Tom is a strong lad and is used to me being on his back.
I didn't even watch the video :cuppaT:
Rolluplostinspace

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms