What does it mean to be a Man?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: What does it mean to be a Man?

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Vam wrote:.... nah .... fuck it .... cba ....

You have to be quicker than that :NAA:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:18 pm

Stooo wrote:
Vam wrote:Haven't you guys got a mod forum for this kind of thing? Or maybe you could do your uber cool sekrit code schtick on one of your phone calls (which you must have mentioned about 500 times). It's all a bit pretentious and showy, non?

Maybe that's the aim...but it leaves me feeling like I'm peeking at private, almost intimate, moments from behind your bins! :mrgreen:

O rite, good to know.

Speedy! :pmsl:

delete the shit if you like, hotshot.
Vam

Postby Vam » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:19 pm

Stooo wrote:

You're way too quick. I've always suspected that...... :pmsl:
Vam

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Vam wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Vam wrote:Haven't you guys got a mod forum for this kind of thing? Or maybe you could do your uber cool sekrit code schtick on one of your phone calls (which you must have mentioned about 500 times). It's all a bit pretentious and showy, non?

Maybe that's the aim...but it leaves me feeling like I'm peeking at private, almost intimate, moments from behind your bins! :mrgreen:

O rite, good to know.

Speedy! :pmsl:

delete the shit if you like, hotshot.

No-one cares, least of all me.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:21 pm

Vam wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You're way too quick. I've always suspected that...... :pmsl:

I don't mind coming second... :wink:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:36 pm

Wow 44 pages, :yikes: that's what I call a runaway success - obviously a good choice of topic for discussion.
In the interests of balance ...… anyone thought of doing a thread on 'what does it mean to be a woman'?
Would it be anywhere as long as this? Perhaps we don't sit around thinking too much about our roles as women, we just get on with it.
Text

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:54 pm

Text wrote: Perhaps we don't sit around thinking too much about our roles as women, we just get on with it.

Which kind of makes a mockery of the statement about being oppressed made by someone earlier .... I had to laugh when I read the word oppressed.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Jon55 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:59 am

Text wrote:Wow 44 pages, :yikes: that's what I call a runaway success - obviously a good choice of topic for discussion.
In the interests of balance ...… anyone thought of doing a thread on 'what does it mean to be a woman'?
Would it be anywhere as long as this? Perhaps we don't sit around thinking too much about our roles as women, we just get on with it.

Yes I do believe it can be tough being a woman - just imagine having to give birth ouch! or having periods every month or being paid less for doing the same job as a man and then having to fight off men who come on to you in the work place ... Yes it must be hard to be a woman in this world of men.
Jon55

Postby Meg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:21 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Text wrote: Perhaps we don't sit around thinking too much about our roles as women, we just get on with it.

Which kind of makes a mockery of the statement about being oppressed made by someone earlier .... I had to laugh when I read the word oppressed.

You dont think women around the world have been and still are oppressed?

Really rolly? I thought you a clued up guy :shake head:
Meg

Postby jra » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:55 am

Meg wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Of course he knows.

He's talking about the UK.
jra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:03 am

Meg wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Using the word oppressed does a disservice to millions of people around the world who truly are.
I was sat outside Tesco earlier and didn't see a single looking oppressed woman.
I live in a family and have done since childhood of females none of them are oppressed.
If you feel oppressed you have some kind of self inflicted victim syndrome.
Or maybe you really are oppressed in which case you need to phone the police.
I doubt you're any more oppressed than me.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Meg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:10 am

But you've isolated a single sentence from my post and completely missed, or disregarded, the context.

Bad form on that front.

Avon and I were discussing gender roles and I was saying how damaging and discriminatiry they were to MEN and women, and used a quote to illustrate the point.
Meg

Postby LordRaven » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:14 am

No offence to any of the guys on here but having worked in the property industry for a hell of a long time I have to say that women are the best at the job.
They have natural empathy and a real cutthroat attitude toward oppostion.
They are the smiling assassins.
But when you get a superb estate agent who is a female with a disarming smile then guys cannot compete.
Fact :smilin: :smilin:
I will never forget headhunting one "cor blimey" young real rough diamond lady from another company and training her to be good back in 2000, 18 months later she opened her wage slip and said "bloody hell! I have never seen so much on a payslip in my fucking life." :smilin: After stoppages she took home £11,500 ---more than I did that month.
I wish the market was like that now, sadly it is not and I am spending my days trying to steer people into auctions.
Go Rollup and Dean, tell me you know more than me about auctions, you absolute property genii :cuppaT:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Meg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:14 am

But, even in this country women and men are oppressed by gender expectations. Just because you dont see it, or it's not that bad comparatively doesn't mean it's not there.

It's like when black people who are talking about racism are dismissed with "but it's not REAL racism, is it?"
Meg

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:19 am

LordRaven wrote:No offence to any of the guys on here but having worked in the property industry for a hell of a long time I have to say that women are the best at the job.
They have natural empathy and a real cutthroat attitude toward oppostion.
They are the smiling assassins.
But when you get a superb estate agent who is a female with a disarming smile then guys cannot compete.
Fact :smilin: :smilin:
I will never forget headhunting one "cor blimey" young real rough diamond lady from another company and training her to be good back in 2000, 18 months later she opened her wage slip and said "bloody hell! I have never seen so much on a payslip in my fucking life." :smilin: After stoppages she took home £11,500 ---more than I did that month.
I wish the market was like that now, sadly it is not and I am spending my days trying to steer people into auctions.
Go Rollup and Dean, tell me you know more than me about auctions, you absolute property genii :cuppaT:

I know your bullshitting about training her.
How because you're always the trainer in your stories.
A new girl earning eleven grand in a month would mean you've earned a fortune over all these years and wouldn't be renting a fucking flat.
Your over inflated ego wouldn't allow it.
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms