What does it mean to be a Man?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: What does it mean to be a Man?

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:37 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:gosh

pointing out that women are the ones to give birth and that it is just simple biology hasn't half triggered some people

and still nobody has answered why it is seen as equality that they may compromise their careers in doing so

You’ve got an odd idea of triggered. If a woman or a man or both decide to take a coupe of years off to have a child and stay at home they can’t really moan or expect their company to give preferential treatment to them over those who are solely career driven and who’ve worked those same years to get ahead. .

You’ve got the choices and freedom to do which ever you like. Maybe you need to explain the basic biology to those who have kids and explain they can’t be working the morning pop a sprog out in their lunch break and be back at their desk by 2.

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:55 pm

still not got the point

jeez

nobody is talking about childcare arrangements, except those that cant follow a simple factual statement
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Meg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Red Okktober wrote: I think Meg is some kind of activist or feminist or something.

Yeah, you got me there red. It's almost as if I said it outright on this thread. :ooer:
Meg

Postby Bessie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:59 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:still not got the point

jeez

nobody is talking about childcare arrangements, except those that cant follow a simple factual statement

What you're talking about is the biological process of giving birth, not about maternity leave and being a stay at home mum with full care of the child until pre school or infant school.

The guests and others are too busy ranting to to read properly. :mrgreen:
Bessie

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Bessie wrote:

jeez

What you're talking about is the biological process of giving birth, not about maternity leave and being a stay at home mum with full care of the child until pre school or infant school.

thank fuck for that :mrgreen:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Bessie wrote:

jeez

There’s no ranting just laughing that anyone thinks they need to explain women have kids. Odd thing to get stuck up on but it’s a distraction from the main points so there’s that.

Women just like men have Choices and freedom yet a few poor me victims still want to pretend it’s not fair. :mrgreen:

Postby Bessie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Guest wrote:
Bessie wrote:

jeez

There’s no ranting just laughing that anyone thinks they need to explain women have kids. Odd thing to get stuck up on but it’s a distraction from the main points so there’s that.

Women just like men have Choices and freedom yet a few poor me victims still want to pretend it’s not fair. :mrgreen:

Try reading the guest post at the top of the page who is talking about taking a couple of years off to look after a child.

Hobbit wasn't saying that, so that guest for one, needs to read the posts properly.
Bessie

Postby xtras1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:49 pm

Jon55 wrote:
Text wrote:Wow 44 pages, :yikes: that's what I call a runaway success - obviously a good choice of topic for discussion.
In the interests of balance ...… anyone thought of doing a thread on 'what does it mean to be a woman'?
Would it be anywhere as long as this? Perhaps we don't sit around thinking too much about our roles as women, we just get on with it.

Yes I do believe it can be tough being a woman - just imagine having to give birth ouch! or having periods every month or being paid less for doing the same job as a man and then having to fight off men who come on to you in the work place ... Yes it must be hard to be a woman in this world of men.

Not sure how to take this comment ... you being caring or condescending :mrgreen:
xtras1

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:53 pm

It’s the condescending arseholes that make it so unbearable to be a woman! :shoot:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:57 pm

jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:You think very few women are physical able to log, mine and fish? :pmsl:

Yes. Either that or they don't want to do it.

Women don’t fish because it’s flipping boring!

Were talking about commercial sea fishing here (if it wasn't obvious), not sticking a rod out onto a river or lake.

Watch Deadliest Catch and you'll get the idea.

It wasn’t obvious. Women just can’t sit for hours doing nothing at all, unless we’re ill.
Our minds are too busy for that.
Lady Murasaki

Postby xtras1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:01 pm

The only thing a woman can't do is think like a man... other than that we can do pretty much what we want .
xtras1

Postby jra » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:10 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Where did I say I'm making fifty grand a year?

That was for Raven. I quoted it incorrectly due to the embed quote limit which is a real PITA. LIke this post was.

McAz wrote:
jra wrote:If you're 'only' making 50k now, how is it you're skint? £11,500 more a month? Some people don't even make that in a year.

How is 50k per annum £11,500 more a month? :dunno:

It isn't, but if you read Raven's post(s).
jra

Postby McAz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:17 pm

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Where did I say I'm making fifty grand a year?

That was for Raven. I quoted it incorrectly due to the embed quote limit which is a real PITA. LIke this post was.

McAz wrote:
jra wrote:If you're 'only' making 50k now, how is it you're skint? £11,500 more a month? Some people don't even make that in a year.

How is 50k per annum £11,500 more a month? :dunno:

It isn't, but if you read Raven's post(s).

Oh, right. :dunno:
McAz

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:21 pm

xtras1 wrote:The only thing a woman can't do is think like a man... other than that we can do pretty much what we want .

I often wonder what it’s like to be able to compartmentalise. It must make life so simple!
Lady Murasaki

Postby jra » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:27 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Guest wrote: ........ Any perceived difference in earnings is down to life choices like giving birth....

and this attitude is why women still don't have true equality

it's fucking biology, why the hell should it affect your career

if a heterosexual couple decide to have children who gives birth isn't up for debate, so why should only one partner be penalised in the workplace?

Bollocks. We’ve already got equality in spades in the UK. Live in Saudi and you’d have a point.

Why not let the women go back to work and the man stay at home and look after the baby. Problem solved and fairly simple really. The man can then moan about being paid less over that period of time and make up the same inaccurate assumptions that it must be because of their gender and not the free choices they’ve made.

There really is nothing to stop any woman doing and earning whatever they want.

nobody mentioned who cares for the child once it is born :ooer:

the original quote said giving birth is a choice, well no there is no choice about who gives birth in the partnership :roll:

nice to see you've completely missed the point though :smilin:

There is a choice in most places not to give birth in the first place. It's not compulsory to have children. :thumbsup:
jra

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms