A right load of bollocks...

Re: The Truth Will Scare the Public says Minister

Postby McAz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 pm

Fletch wrote:Globalism, not internationalism Mc

It's globalism either way.
McAz

Postby Red Okktober » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:35 pm

'Scaring the public' is a bit of a moot point, seeing as most Remainers, at least those who post on here, have already been shitting their pants for the last 3.5 years.

Could it get even worse for them?
Red Okktober

Postby Red Okktober » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:37 pm

McAz wrote:Just in case less informed people might think Black Swan is hyperbole by Stooo, here's confirmation from the Mail Online:

Why would anyone think Stooo is guilty of hyperbole?

Are you suggesting he makes things up and exaggerates? :dunno:
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Red Okktober wrote:'Scaring the public' is a bit of a moot point, seeing as most Remainers, at least those who post on here, have already been shitting their pants for the last 3.5 years.

Yeah my son will die without insulin, you?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:50 pm

Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:'Scaring the public' is a bit of a moot point, seeing as most Remainers, at least those who post on here, have already been shitting their pants for the last 3.5 years.

Yeah my son will die without insulin, you?

Do you really think your son will die because of Brexit?

I know you claimed to have moved home because of Brexit, which was fucking funny, but saying your son will die because of it, isn't.

Get a grip FFS.
Red Okktober

Postby Red Okktober » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:03 pm

Just noticed the pair of posts at 9.37

Says it all really.
Red Okktober

Postby McAz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:32 pm

McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:A gesture...

Original edited under Boris - a redaction and the insertion of "worst". :shake head:

My post above confirmed now that Boris has complied with Parliament's demand that he release the papers...

The content of the document was strikingly similar to the plan leaked to the Sunday Times in August, which the government dismissed at the time as out of date.

That document was described as a “base case”; but the new document claims to be a “worst-case scenario”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/11/operation-yellowhammer-fears-no-deal-brexit-chaos-forced-to-publish-secret-papers

Do Boris and his supporters ever stop lying? :shake head:
McAz

Postby Cleopatra » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:33 am

Have you stocked up at all, Red? Will you be, now?

I'd bet my last dollar every single cabinet member, M.P. fat-cat journalist, economist,all civil servants etc are sitting on top of fully-stocked cellars. Those who will suffer will be the poorest and most vulnerable of the working class, as always; many of whom will have voted Leave.
Cleopatra

Postby McAz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Co-op boss warns of no-deal Brexit fresh food shortages and price hikes

The boss of the Co-op has warned that a no-deal Brexit could lead to fresh food shortages and higher prices in supermarkets.

Steve Murrells said the product area he is most worried about is fruit, where he expected prices to surge as retailers may be forced to fly in supplies if the chaos predicted in leaked government documents became a reality.

“We think there will be shortages in some fresh food areas. Where that is the case we would endeavour to bring it in to give our customers a choice.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/business/co-op-boss-warns-of-no-deal-brexit-fresh-food-shortages-and-price-hikes/ar-AAHb6nc?ocid=anaheimntp
McAz

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Cleopatra wrote:Have you stocked up at all, Red? Will you be, now?

I'd bet my last dollar every single cabinet member, M.P. fat-cat journalist, economist,all civil servants etc are sitting on top of fully-stocked cellars. Those who will suffer will be the poorest and most vulnerable of the working class, as always; many of whom will have voted Leave.

Of course I haven't - nor do I know of anyone who has. It's not even been a topic of conversation with anyone.

Naturally, there will be some bumps in the road at the time of Brexit, shortages of some items here and there (not helped by halfwits clearing the shelves to 'stock up'), maybe not having favourite brands always available, or price fluctuations caused by using different suppliers. But this is to be expected, and things will quickly return to 'normal' once the dust on Brexit has settled, and people realise it's not the end of the world. This has always happened anyway - my local Tescos ran out of Maris Pipers last week - should I be blaming that on Brexit? should I now stock up on Maris Pipers?

You can guarantee, every misfortune that befalls certain people on here will be blamed on Brexit, it already is. Anyone would think they have never experienced price increases before in their entire lives, or shops running out of things prior to Brexit.
Red Okktober

Postby McAz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:06 pm

23% of respondents halfwits said they have already stockpiled food or medicine (Sky News - 11/9)
McAz

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:10 pm

McAz wrote: 23% of respondents halfwits said they have already stockpiled food or medicine (Sky News - 11/9)

The shelf under the stairs is now a pantry, loads of dry goods, batteries and the like.

Can't do shit about the insulin so we'll have to wait and see.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:22 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote: 23% of respondents halfwits said they have already stockpiled food or medicine (Sky News - 11/9)

The shelf under the stairs is now a pantry, loads of dry goods, batteries and the like.

Why can't you order it online?
Wait and see is hardly a plan is it?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:26 pm

Stooo wrote:

I have dried goods and tinned goods.
If there isn't much of a shortage or it doesn't last long then it's a good investment anyway as prices will rise and quite steeply too by all accounts.
Lots of tinned toms in there cos I love tinned toms lots of pickled beetroot.
Batteries.
Bottle gas in 47 kg bottles is currently 55 quid here and it's what I cook on.
Getting an extra few bottles in because all fuels are going up and I reckon bottled gas coul double over the next six months.
Large coal bunker going in next week next to the normal one to stock up on that too.
Diesel too.
Toilet rolls .... gotta have toilet rolls.
Toiletries.
Tyres.
Oh and pot noodle.
Microwave rice which is already cooked and tinned fish.
I'll be able to survive ww4!
No before guest or Oktober starts calling people for hoarding .... it's called common sense.
It's a basic investment in comfort and health.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:30 pm

If Stooo could get and store insulin I know he would.
Who wouldn't when the health of a loved one ... the life of a loved one could possibly maybe be .... threatened .... oh yeah Oktober and guest.
I have pain relief hidden away.
I'm old enough to have had parents and grandparents who knew about stockpiling because they saw dark clouds on their horizons .....
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms