Depressing months of the year!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Depressing months of the year!

Postby LordRaven » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:34 pm

Gabby wrote:For some it’s Jan/Feb..... for me it’s Sept/Oct..... summers over, shit weather :thud: .... but come November I’m then buzzing for Xmas... then after that knowing Spring is just around the corner :canny:

:again?:

I don't care, each month has its bonuses. :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:34 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Meg wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:I love now until January. Favourite months without a doubt.
I can’t wait to go big coat shopping and scarves and boots and hats. :twirl:

I love dark crisp nights, bonfire night is one of my favourites if it's not raining!

Leaving the house early on a cold frosty morning all bundled up, feeling like the only person in the world :wubbers:

And black peas. I fucking love black peas with a shit ton of vinegar.

I doubt anyone south of Macclesfield will have ever heard of such a thing.
You can still buy a serving on Bury market in the winter.

If they ain’t from bury market are they even real black peas?

Although I only like the black peas from the guy up near the old BHS on the outdoor. There’s a stall near the black pud stall that do them, but they don’t make them soggy and mushy enough :bawlin:

(It was only last year I found out black peas weren’t a countrywide thing on bommy night. They don’t know what they are missing!)

I like the not to soggy ones.
Great treat when wandering round a winters day market.
Not been for a while so I'll have to go soon.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:52 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I like the not to soggy ones.
Great treat when wandering round a winters day market.
Not been for a while so I'll have to go soon.

It’s not changed for years. I forget how lucky we are to have such a cracking little market 5 minutes down the road.
Although since they did The Rock it’s rare I venture down that side of Bury any more.
NastyNickers

Postby Meg » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:57 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Meg wrote:

I love dark crisp nights, bonfire night is one of my favourites if it's not raining!

Leaving the house early on a cold frosty morning all bundled up, feeling like the only person in the world :wubbers:

And black peas. I fucking love black peas with a shit ton of vinegar.

I doubt anyone south of Macclesfield will have ever heard of such a thing.
You can still buy a serving on Bury market in the winter.

I'd never heard of them!
Meg

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:30 pm

I’d decided I didn’t need a new big coat this year but there’s some lovely furry ones out.
Tempted.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:01 pm

September is pretty depressing as it gets darker and colder but October is worse.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Text » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:34 pm

You luv the snow n slush???? :yikes:

Fuck you, NN!!! :woteva:

Hope you suffer the fate of that girl @ 1:19 :shake head:

Text

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Jan, Feb and March drag on and on for me. I don't even like summer much but what I do really hate is dark mornings and it always seems like such a long time before those go away every year. I hate Feb extra for the dreaded Valentines Day, which I swear is given much more importance in the last few years by British media than it ever used to be.

Not keen on August but mainly just for the last few weeks of it as you get school kids everywhere, bored now that the novelty of being on a break has worn off and making a nusience of themselves. I don't dislike children/teens, just for that one time period they do tend to be a big irritant.

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:29 pm

Guest wrote:Jan, Feb and March drag on and on for me. I don't even like summer much but what I do really hate is dark mornings and it always seems like such a long time before those go away every year. I hate Feb extra for the dreaded Valentines Day, which I swear is given much more importance in the last few years by British media than it ever used to be.

Not keen on August but mainly just for the last few weeks of it as you get school kids everywhere, bored now that the novelty of being on a break has worn off and making a nusience of themselves. I don't dislike children/teens, just for that one time period they do tend to be a big irritant.

Do you work in HR?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:39 pm

I quite like Autumn, but not the shorter days. I love the smell of the leaves after they've started to brown, the cooler weather, cooler nights especially. I like lighting candles and drawing the curtains early evening. Hot chocolate and fuzzy slippers.
Nucks

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:03 pm

Embrace the darkness the wind and the wet!
Our weather is an adventure.
I often can't get cool in oppressive heat but I can sit by the fire and get warm. :smilin:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Gabby » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Embrace the darkness the wind and the wet!
Our weather is an adventure.
I often can't get cool in oppressive heat but I can sit by the fire and get warm. :smilin:

A cold shower usually works :mrgreen: .... lovely sunny day today! :wubwub:
Gabby

Postby jra » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Cleopatra wrote:Weathermen are warning of the Beast from the East this winter. A few days of snow is magical, but, please, not weeks of it.

January and February are the worst months of the year for me. I like April through to September the most.

Predicting what the weather might be like in a few months time is similar to predicting what the lottery numbers are going to be.
jra

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:16 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:Jan, Feb and March drag on and on for me. I don't even like summer much but what I do really hate is dark mornings and it always seems like such a long time before those go away every year. I hate Feb extra for the dreaded Valentines Day, which I swear is given much more importance in the last few years by British media than it ever used to be.

Do you work in HR?

No, just don't much like those months for the reasons stated.

Curious now though as to what about the post makes it seem like I could work in HR. Are those bad months?

Postby Dean » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Do you work in HR?

No, just don't much like those months for the reasons stated.

Curious now though as to what about the post makes it seem like I could work in HR. Are those bad months?

He asked because you’re a boring Cunt...
Dean

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms