Big Threads

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 7

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:30 pm

Trout :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Calvados » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:08 pm

Pasta thing - I call it bolognaise but it probably doesn't really count as bolognaise. Penne, minced beef, jar of pasta sauce, onion, mushroom, garlic, grated cheddar on the top.

Also got some soup on the go in the slow cooker for supper later on. Doing a chunky butternut squash and red lentil one with a few other things chucked in for good measure.
Calvados

Postby Gabby » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:27 pm

Calvados wrote:Pasta thing - I call it bolognaise but it probably doesn't really count as bolognaise. Penne, minced beef, jar of pasta sauce, onion, mushroom, garlic, grated cheddar on the top.

Also got some soup on the go in the slow cooker for supper later on. Doing a chunky butternut squash and red lentil one with a few other things chucked in for good measure.

Sounds like a bolognaise to me :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Calvados » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:45 pm

Gabby wrote:
Calvados wrote:Pasta thing - I call it bolognaise but it probably doesn't really count as bolognaise. Penne, minced beef, jar of pasta sauce, onion, mushroom, garlic, grated cheddar on the top.

Ok, bolognaise it is!

It's what I've always done but you look at proper chefs or online recipes and it's a bit more fancy isn't it? Just looked up Jamie Oliver's, Gordon Ramsey's. Delia Smith's, James Martin's and the Hairy Bikers versions.

Only the bikers had mushrooms, all of them had red wine, all of them parmesan and not cheddar, and all of them some sort of pork be it bacon, pancetta or pork mince as well as the beef mince. A couple had celery or carrots in there as well.
Calvados

Postby Gabby » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:59 pm

Calvados wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Ok, bolognaise it is!

It's what I've always done but you look at proper chefs or online recipes and it's a bit more fancy isn't it? Just looked up Jamie Oliver's, Gordon Ramsey's. Delia Smith's, James Martin's and the Hairy Bikers versions.

Only the bikers had mushrooms, all of them had red wine, all of them parmesan and not cheddar, and all of them some sort of pork be it bacon, pancetta or pork mince as well as the beef mince. A couple had celery or carrots in there as well.

I wouldn’t take much notice of Jamie Oliver..... he goes OTT trying to impress.... as do most of them tbh, adding this that and the other thinking their recipe is the bollox :roll:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:04 pm

Tonight’s menu is.... fend for your fucking self! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:19 pm

Calvados wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Ok, bolognaise it is!

I love making a spag bol. Start off by chopping some garlic and onions and sweat them off in some olive oil and chuck in some smoked lardons when they're opaque. Brown off the meat and add a can of chopped toms, half a tube of tomato puree and bring to a simmer. Add whatever you desire but generally fresh herbs, red wine and mushrooms and keep stirring until it thickens.

Serve with pasta, garlic bread and celery to clear your palette from time to time and of course a glass of :cheers:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:28 pm

Stooo wrote:
Calvados wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Ok, bolognaise it is!

I love making a spag bol. Start off by chopping some garlic and onions and sweat them off in some olive oil and chuck in some smoked lardons when they're opaque. Brown off the meat and add a can of chopped toms, half a tube of tomato puree and bring to a simmer. Add whatever you desire but generally fresh herbs, red wine and mushrooms and keep stirring until it thickens.

Serve with pasta, garlic bread and celery to clear your palette from time to time and of course a glass of :cheers:

Dolmio does it for you! :gigglesnshit:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:29 pm

Stop adding wine to food.... it’s for drinking FFS! :grrrrr:
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:42 pm

Gabby wrote:Dolmio does it for you! :gigglesnshit:

I don't put extra sugar in my 'bol and I like to salt it to taste :snooty:

I forgot, a veggie and a beef stock cube! :yess:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:43 pm

Gabby wrote:Stop adding wine to food.... it’s for drinking FFS! :grrrrr:

Ever cooked a shot of tequila? :leer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:59 pm

Stooo wrote:
Gabby wrote:Stop adding wine to food.... it’s for drinking FFS! :grrrrr:

Ever cooked a shot of tequila? :leer:

No, but I’ve downed a few :leer:
Gabby

Postby Nucks » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:08 pm

Chicken, chips, and cauliflower broccoli cheese.
Nucks

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:38 am

Nucks wrote:Chicken, chips, and cauliflower broccoli cheese.

Fart food.

I’m about to have a pub lunch, think I’ll have a ploughman’s.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:26 pm

I think we might be off out to eat somewhere ... pub restaurant fish and chips on the seafront ..... We just can't be bothered cooking but .... see what happens.
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive