Old peoples music section.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:19 am

calitom wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
calitom wrote:These are the real heavyweight champions.Professional musicians all of them.



I was about eight when I learned that the puffing of the cheeks was for circular breathing. I could imitate an Elephant quite well (actually most Animals sounds I was able to imitate) so combined the two and placed My finger over My lips to practice trumpet. Mr Armstrong and another musician I can't remember now made a very strong impression. not sure what it is about the trumpet I like so much?

desktop speakers are not compatible with quality music :(


arthur do you play trumpet???
i play piano keyboards(learned a bit as a child) but didnt get serious again til age 50. It is very enjoyable and one of the few activities where you dont decline as the yrs go by.


never more than a hose pipe, though I did learn to change notes after watching a trombonist play without moving the slide. I think I got yo try a bugle for a few minutes visiting some People We knew in south africa. Daughter wants a piano. I believe the recommended is 42 keys to pay most music properly?
User avatar
art0hur0moh
Twat.
 
Posts: 6803
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby calitom » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:38 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
calitom wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
calitom wrote:These are the real heavyweight champions.Professional musicians all of them.



I was about eight when I learned that the puffing of the cheeks was for circular breathing. I could imitate an Elephant quite well (actually most Animals sounds I was able to imitate) so combined the two and placed My finger over My lips to practice trumpet. Mr Armstrong and another musician I can't remember now made a very strong impression. not sure what it is about the trumpet I like so much?

desktop speakers are not compatible with quality music :(


arthur do you play trumpet???
i play piano keyboards(learned a bit as a child) but didnt get serious again til age 50. It is very enjoyable and one of the few activities where you dont decline as the yrs go by.


never more than a hose pipe, though I did learn to change notes after watching a trombonist play without moving the slide. I think I got yo try a bugle for a few minutes visiting some People We knew in south africa. Daughter wants a piano. I believe the recommended is 42 keys to pay most music properly?


73
User avatar
calitom
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:21 am

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:55 am

calitom wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
calitom wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
calitom wrote:These are the real heavyweight champions.Professional musicians all of them.



I was about eight when I learned that the puffing of the cheeks was for circular breathing. I could imitate an Elephant quite well (actually most Animals sounds I was able to imitate) so combined the two and placed My finger over My lips to practice trumpet. Mr Armstrong and another musician I can't remember now made a very strong impression. not sure what it is about the trumpet I like so much?

desktop speakers are not compatible with quality music :(


arthur do you play trumpet???
i play piano keyboards(learned a bit as a child) but didnt get serious again til age 50. It is very enjoyable and one of the few activities where you dont decline as the yrs go by.


never more than a hose pipe, though I did learn to change notes after watching a trombonist play without moving the slide. I think I got yo try a bugle for a few minutes visiting some People We knew in south africa. Daughter wants a piano. I believe the recommended is 42 keys to pay most music properly?


73

I meant a synthesizer. 73 keys, never realised there where that many, so it actually is exactly middle c then? not to the left or right? a few years ago I saw an up right piano in the local charity shop. I was very tempted at the time.
User avatar
art0hur0moh
Twat.
 
Posts: 6803
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby calitom » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:49 am

Arthur---you need to get your daughter a real piano. Synthesizers are toys esp to those without keyboard skills.
73 keys is the minimum to actually have reasonably full piano range.And to learn on. 88 is the number of keys on a regular piano.
I have a fender rhodes stage piano73. They have a great sound and are portable(altho extremely heavy)
User avatar
calitom
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:21 am

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby McAz » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:31 pm

User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 43441
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:35 pm

calitom wrote:Arthur---you need to get your daughter a real piano. Synthesizers are toys esp to those without keyboard skills.
73 keys is the minimum to actually have reasonably full piano range.And to learn on. 88 is the number of keys on a regular piano.
I have a fender rhodes stage piano73. They have a great sound and are portable(altho extremely heavy)

Utter uninformed bullshit.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 12271
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:09 am

calitom wrote:Arthur---you need to get your daughter a real piano. Synthesizers are toys esp to those without keyboard skills.
73 keys is the minimum to actually have reasonably full piano range.And to learn on. 88 is the number of keys on a regular piano.
I have a fender rhodes stage piano73. They have a great sound and are portable(altho extremely heavy)

:gigglesnshit:

cool, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_piano

I was going to ask about how He dealt with the pedals. He kept them. £1,500 used on ebay. ouch, could have got it 4-5 years ago with little effort. now not so. But I do want to get Her a piano, She has been asking long enough.
User avatar
art0hur0moh
Twat.
 
Posts: 6803
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby .SF. » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:53 pm

User avatar
.SF.
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:34 am

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby calitom » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:00 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
calitom wrote:Arthur---you need to get your daughter a real piano. Synthesizers are toys esp to those without keyboard skills.
73 keys is the minimum to actually have reasonably full piano range.And to learn on. 88 is the number of keys on a regular piano.
I have a fender rhodes stage piano73. They have a great sound and are portable(altho extremely heavy)

Utter uninformed bullshit.


Jack wrote the 80s hit ''IN CARS'
User avatar
calitom
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:21 am

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby calitom » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:45 am

User avatar
calitom
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:21 am

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:20 am


never heard that before, and I had the lp. well then grow plants and Trees so there is water
User avatar
art0hur0moh
Twat.
 
Posts: 6803
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby calitom » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:24 am

Jack the synthesizer pro should appreciate this one



User avatar
calitom
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:21 am

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby Major » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:31 pm

For those of you talking about speakers, considered this.

Had nice present recently, Bose Quiet Comfort Earphones, a good sound quality and you can listen to ones computer while someone else is watching television, they cannot hear you and you cannot hear the TV.

I recommend them.
User avatar
Major
Twat.
 
Posts: 4273
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby Stooo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:49 pm

Major wrote:For those of you talking about speakers, considered this.

Had nice present recently, Bose Quiet Comfort Earphones, a good sound quality and you can listen to ones computer while someone else is watching television, they cannot hear you and you cannot hear the TV.

I recommend them.


Yeah but what do you listen to?
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 100377
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Warm cottage in deep Devon.

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:50 pm

Stooo wrote:
Major wrote:For those of you talking about speakers, considered this.

Had nice present recently, Bose Quiet Comfort Earphones, a good sound quality and you can listen to ones computer while someone else is watching television, they cannot hear you and you cannot hear the TV.

I recommend them.


Yeah but what do you listen to?



shipping forecast

I bloody love that when everywhere else is silent
User avatar
HobbitFeet
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14074
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:29 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests