Am A Racist

Re: Am A Racist

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:27 pm

Cannydc wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Cannydc wrote:A couple of interesting points from that conversation;

1. Gabby believes that people of colour objecting to being racially stereotyped by grotesque dolls have "small minds".

2. Gabby has no compunction in facilitating and spreading racist dog whistle items written by an avowed Islamophobe.

3. Gabby is a racist Islamophobe.

You haven't a clue what You are talking about!

Possibly the best confirmation that I know precisely what I am talking about, ever. Cheers, Art!!

:hand:
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:34 pm

try it again...
art0hur0moh

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:57 pm

I don't think the Major is serious in his "racism". He doesn't answer questions, doesn't clarify, only deals in ludicrous or half hearted tropes, offers grapeshot ramblings. I think he is only looking for attention. As a recent guest I don't know the Majors history on this forum. Maybe he is someones troll sock :dunno:

Postby Snookerballs » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:11 pm

Guest wrote:I don't think the Major is serious in his "racism". He doesn't answer questions, doesn't clarify, only deals in ludicrous or half hearted tropes, offers grapeshot ramblings. I think he is only looking for attention. As a recent guest I don't know the Majors history on this forum. Maybe he is someones troll sock :dunno:

He has been on and off forums for at least ten years and never changed his format , you have summed him up absolutely correct in just one posting , :yess:
Snookerballs

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:05 pm

Gabby wrote:
wutang wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Hold on, just asking so please don't think I am doing this for any point scoring exercise, but why is it that a Golliwog being black is wrong given Barbie was traditionally a Blue Eyes Blonde "Pink" Doll and the only objection for that was overcome by making a Black Barbie --for which there were no claims of racism either.

Because a black barbie would be promoting positivity whereas the Golliwog was used to demean, insult and belittle black people. It played off of tropes and imagery long established as dehumanising and reinforcing negative stereotypes about black people.

No, it was created as an innocent toy loved by millions of kids worldwide..... the likes of your warped brain turned it into the racist icon it is today! :roll:

Wutang, you’d better not reveal the truth about Father Xmas being unreal! :ooer:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Gabby » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:56 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Gabby wrote:
wutang wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Hold on, just asking so please don't think I am doing this for any point scoring exercise, but why is it that a Golliwog being black is wrong given Barbie was traditionally a Blue Eyes Blonde "Pink" Doll and the only objection for that was overcome by making a Black Barbie --for which there were no claims of racism either.

Because a black barbie would be promoting positivity whereas the Golliwog was used to demean, insult and belittle black people. It played off of tropes and imagery long established as dehumanising and reinforcing negative stereotypes about black people.

No, it was created as an innocent toy loved by millions of kids worldwide..... the likes of your warped brain turned it into the racist icon it is today! :roll:

Wutang, you’d better not reveal the truth about Father Xmas being unreal! :ooer:

Why have you quoted me if your post is directed at Wutang? :ooer:.... and of course Santa is real, regardless of colour/gender/other! :whistle:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:01 pm

I wonder if Robertsons were being deliberately racist when they had the golliwog as their mascot all those years? :again?:
Gabby

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:01 pm

Gabby wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Gabby wrote:
wutang wrote:

Why have you quoted me if your post is directed at Wutang? :ooer:.... and of course Santa is real, regardless of colour/gender/other! :whistle:

Because your innocence about the doll doesn’t negate the history/reality of it’s creation.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:02 pm

Gabby wrote:I wonder if Robertsons were being deliberately racist when they had the golliwog as their mascot all those years? :again?:

Probably not deliberately but once it became well known they did the decent thing.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Gabby » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:04 pm

And of course millions of kids knew the racist undertones that had been created by it LM? :laughing:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:04 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Gabby wrote:I wonder if Robertsons were being deliberately racist when they had the golliwog as their mascot all those years? :again?:

Probably not deliberately but once it became well known they did the decent thing.

I doubt they had a choice! :roll:
Gabby

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:06 pm

Major wrote:Stratford Upon Avon .
The bikers visit regularly in the summer, have done for years, one of the bikers has a dirty old golliwog tied to the rear of his motorcycle.

They are all inbreeds up there.

Thine hills have eyes :Hiya: :pmsl:

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:07 pm

Gabby wrote:And of course millions of kids knew the racist undertones that had been created by it LM? :laughing:

No, but you know now. eyebrow

I had a golly badge, completely unaware of the racist connotations.and Enid Blyton was one of my favourite childhood authors! :bawlin:

I forgive her, her stories were twee but lovely. :ooer:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Gabby wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I doubt they had a choice! :roll:

Market forces. Also being enlightened may have made a tiny bit of difference.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:10 pm

Gabby wrote:
Aww what’s up?.... have you run out of Poppies to burn?

You run out of money to send to Tommy, to pay for his drugs yet? :gigglesnshit:

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs