Old peoples music section.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Old peoples music section.

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:19 am

calitom wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
calitom wrote:These are the real heavyweight champions.Professional musicians all of them.

I was about eight when I learned that the puffing of the cheeks was for circular breathing. I could imitate an Elephant quite well (actually most Animals sounds I was able to imitate) so combined the two and placed My finger over My lips to practice trumpet. Mr Armstrong and another musician I can't remember now made a very strong impression. not sure what it is about the trumpet I like so much?

desktop speakers are not compatible with quality music :(

arthur do you play trumpet???
i play piano keyboards(learned a bit as a child) but didnt get serious again til age 50. It is very enjoyable and one of the few activities where you dont decline as the yrs go by.

never more than a hose pipe, though I did learn to change notes after watching a trombonist play without moving the slide. I think I got yo try a bugle for a few minutes visiting some People We knew in south africa. Daughter wants a piano. I believe the recommended is 42 keys to pay most music properly?
art0hur0moh

Postby calitom » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:38 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
calitom wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
calitom wrote:These are the real heavyweight champions.Professional musicians all of them.

I was about eight when I learned that the puffing of the cheeks was for circular breathing. I could imitate an Elephant quite well (actually most Animals sounds I was able to imitate) so combined the two and placed My finger over My lips to practice trumpet. Mr Armstrong and another musician I can't remember now made a very strong impression. not sure what it is about the trumpet I like so much?

i play piano keyboards(learned a bit as a child) but didnt get serious again til age 50. It is very enjoyable and one of the few activities where you dont decline as the yrs go by.

never more than a hose pipe, though I did learn to change notes after watching a trombonist play without moving the slide. I think I got yo try a bugle for a few minutes visiting some People We knew in south africa. Daughter wants a piano. I believe the recommended is 42 keys to pay most music properly?

calitom

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:55 am

calitom wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
calitom wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

I meant a synthesizer. 73 keys, never realised there where that many, so it actually is exactly middle c then? not to the left or right? a few years ago I saw an up right piano in the local charity shop. I was very tempted at the time.
art0hur0moh

Postby calitom » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:49 pm

Arthur---you need to get your daughter a real piano. Synthesizers are toys esp to those without keyboard skills.
73 keys is the minimum to actually have reasonably full piano range.And to learn on. 88 is the number of keys on a regular piano.
I have a fender rhodes stage piano73. They have a great sound and are portable(altho extremely heavy)
calitom

Postby McAz » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:31 pm

McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:35 pm

calitom wrote:Arthur---you need to get your daughter a real piano. Synthesizers are toys esp to those without keyboard skills.
73 keys is the minimum to actually have reasonably full piano range.And to learn on. 88 is the number of keys on a regular piano.
I have a fender rhodes stage piano73. They have a great sound and are portable(altho extremely heavy)

Utter uninformed bullshit.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:09 am

calitom wrote:Arthur---you need to get your daughter a real piano. Synthesizers are toys esp to those without keyboard skills.

:gigglesnshit:

cool, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_piano

I was going to ask about how He dealt with the pedals. He kept them. £1,500 used on ebay. ouch, could have got it 4-5 years ago with little effort. now not so. But I do want to get Her a piano, She has been asking long enough.
art0hur0moh

Postby .SF. » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:53 pm

.SF.

Postby calitom » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:00 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Utter uninformed bullshit.

Jack wrote the 80s hit ''IN CARS'
calitom

Postby calitom » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:45 am

calitom

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:20 am

never heard that before, and I had the lp. well then grow plants and Trees so there is water
art0hur0moh

Postby calitom » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:24 am

Jack the synthesizer pro should appreciate this one

calitom

Postby Major » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:31 pm

For those of you talking about speakers, considered this.

Had nice present recently, Bose Quiet Comfort Earphones, a good sound quality and you can listen to ones computer while someone else is watching television, they cannot hear you and you cannot hear the TV.

I recommend them.
Major
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:49 pm

Major wrote:For those of you talking about speakers, considered this.

Had nice present recently, Bose Quiet Comfort Earphones, a good sound quality and you can listen to ones computer while someone else is watching television, they cannot hear you and you cannot hear the TV.

I recommend them.

Yeah but what do you listen to?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:50 pm

Stooo wrote:
Major wrote:For those of you talking about speakers, considered this.

I recommend them.

Yeah but what do you listen to?

shipping forecast

I bloody love that when everywhere else is silent
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms