TV chat, what are you watching?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:09 pm

Don Brennan has been rumbled for the silent phone calls to Denise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on Classic Coronation Street ITV3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image
User avatar
Jobless Oddball
 
Posts: 2867
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby drum » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:09 pm

Limitless is on tonight on 5Star channel. Bradley Cooper :wubwub: and Robert De Niro. starting now.
User avatar
drum
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Moscow, Scotland

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby Observant Guest » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:14 pm

SD777 wrote:Hi

Thanks for asking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've had a small drink and just had a bit more food. Was watching the telly as Mrs D went to the kitchen to get me an ice cream. For some reason I recalled the name of Kenny Rodgers and the duo he did with Dollys Partoners!! So I searched on the tv for their duo song, one they perform live on stage when they were a bit older about 33 years ago - gosh, did it take me back and the gusto Dollys Partoners had. Memories!!! Thats the only song I've liked by the awwsome chested Dollys Partoners and the wolft man, Kenny De Rogers.

Thanks for reading including the workshy window licker.

Must dash as our kning sized bed is calling me via the surround sound sytme in our very humble home.

GAFY

:) :)

But you’re a wife who’s recently bought new furniture that Mr D was meant to help you organise when he’d stopped fucking about upstairs , according to you on another thread when speaking with nucks and gabby
User avatar
Observant Guest
 

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby Nucks » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:35 am

LordRaven wrote:Oh good, you can perhaps explain the eerie laughing and harsh winds in the wood that frightened off "The Big Boys" and what happened to the disappeared kids and why a kid had blood in his shoes?

I have to be vague, I can't be too specific in case someone is still watching :thumbsup: :thumbsup:


I didn't think it really wrapped anything up either. :ooer:

Not buying
Spoiler: show
Rosalind being some kind of psychological mastermind who unraveled Rob's real identity.


And yes, what DID happen to Peter and Jamie? :dunno:

The claw marks/rips on the shirt?

The Cassie being Lexi storyline was thrown in unnecessarily I think. It didn't have any relation to the Knocknaree disappearance or Katy's murder. Too many unanswered questions.
User avatar
Nucks
 
Posts: 8492
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:59 am
Location: Behind the curtains

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby LordRaven » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Nucks wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Oh good, you can perhaps explain the eerie laughing and harsh winds in the wood that frightened off "The Big Boys" and what happened to the disappeared kids and why a kid had blood in his shoes?

I have to be vague, I can't be too specific in case someone is still watching :thumbsup: :thumbsup:


I didn't think it really wrapped anything up either. :ooer:

Not buying
Spoiler: show
Rosalind being some kind of psychological mastermind who unraveled Rob's real identity.


And yes, what DID happen to Peter and Jamie? :dunno:

The claw marks/rips on the shirt?

The Cassie being Lexi storyline was thrown in unnecessarily I think. It didn't have any relation to the Knocknaree disappearance or Katy's murder. Too many unanswered questions.


Cassie and Lexie were split up as kids after their parents went on an illegal venison hunt in the family car as far as I can tell when the parents died and the two little girls went walking down the road hand in hand.
They were probably twins who went into different foster homes, and it wasn't until the kid on the bus said "Hi Lexie" thinking he was talking to Cassie (who was undercover as Lexie) when he was actually talking to Cassie's long lost twin who in turn liked the name Lexie and adopted that persona.
Well that is my take on it.

As for the missing kids and the claw marks on shirt plus blood in the shoe and the howling winds and beastly laughter (that frightened the Big Lads too), they really do need to give us a second series.
Think of the poetic license they are now afforded by all this.

Back by Public Demand soon -with a bit of luck.

The actress who played Cassie appeared in Rebellion too, which i just watched on Netflix
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 36007
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby LordRaven » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:22 pm

I watched "Tucker: The Man and His Dream" on Netflix. I had no idea about that story but it was very interesting.

User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 36007
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby LordRaven » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:38 pm

World on Fire :smilin:
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 36007
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby Nucks » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:53 pm

LordRaven wrote:The actress who played Cassie appeared in Rebellion too, which i just watched on Netflix


She's a dead-ringer for this actress, Mary Elizabeth Winstead. :yikes:

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/persons ... _v9_ba.jpg
User avatar
Nucks
 
Posts: 8492
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:59 am
Location: Behind the curtains

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby LordRaven » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:23 pm

Nucks wrote:
LordRaven wrote:The actress who played Cassie appeared in Rebellion too, which i just watched on Netflix


She's a dead-ringer for this actress, Mary Elizabeth Winstead. :yikes:

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/persons ... _v9_ba.jpg


Very similar indeed :smilin:
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 36007
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby LordRaven » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:33 pm

Gary Lineker: My Grandad’s War: Remembrance Day documentary reminds us of sacrifice of the D-Day Dodgers

Within the first five minutes of BBC One’s Remembrance Day documentary, host Gary Lineker reveals his (surprising) middle name: Winston. It was a nod to Churchill, explains the Match of the Day presenter — it turns out they share a birthday. “Different year,” he quips.

But while we all know what happened to the wartime PM, rather less is known about this other Winston’s family wartime history, most notably that of Lineker’s grandfather, Stanley Abbs.

“Although we were close, my grandad never spoke about his wartime experiences, and now he’s passed away it’s too late for me to ask him,” Lineker tells viewers at the start of tonight’s hour-long special. “All I know is that he served in Italy, but I want to find out more.”

Thanks to Abbs’s service record and his unit’s war diary, we quickly do. Abbs — known to Lineker as Grandad Stan — served as a member of the Royal Army Medical Corps, and was sent to north Africa for four months after three years of training in Britain, before landing in Salerno, Italy in 1943.

https://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/tv ... 84351.html

RAMC --much needed down there after Salerno landing
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 36007
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby xtras1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:00 pm

drum wrote:Limitless is on tonight on 5Star channel. Bradley Cooper :wubwub: and Robert De Niro. starting now.



Fantastic actor De Niro... November 27th the Irishman on Netflix starring him, can't wait :twirl:
User avatar
xtras1
 
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 pm

xtras1 wrote:
drum wrote:Limitless is on tonight on 5Star channel. Bradley Cooper :wubwub: and Robert De Niro. starting now.



Fantastic actor De Niro... November 27th the Irishman on Netflix starring him, can't wait :twirl:

What’s it about? :doomed:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby LordRaven » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:38 pm

BBC Two
WWI: The Final Hours

On 8 November 1918, an Englishman, a Frenchman and a German gathered in secret, on a train carriage in a forest near Paris. Their meeting would last for three days. Its aim: bring peace to Europe, and an end to four long years of brutal and deadly war.

One hundred years after the end of the First World War, this documentary uncovers the extraordinary events leading up to the Armistice negotiations, and the repercussions that would ripple across the continent, and throughout the 20th century - sometimes with catastrophic consequences.

Now, leading historians have examined the meeting from the perspectives of the three key players on the train, as well as the people who sent them there. Each had the weight of their nation on their shoulders. Admiral Rosslyn Wemyss joined the Navy at just 13, and grew up to be the commander of the most powerful navy on earth. Britain had ruled the waves for over 100 years, and Wemyss has been sent to the meeting with one objective - keep it that way. He had to make sure that the negotiations not only gave Britain the upper hand at sea, but ensured that Germany never threaten Britain's naval dominance again - whatever the cost. Marshall Ferdinand Foch was in charge of the war on land. He had seen his beloved France decimated by a war of attrition which had cost millions of lives, on a front line which never moved more than a few miles. He was single-minded and unapologetic in his aim: dismantle Germany and prevent them from ever invading France again. German Matthias Erzberger was, unlike his French and British counterparts, not a military man, but a politician. Sent to negotiate for a nation on its knees, he had little room for manoeuvre, but still faced harsher terms than he had ever expected. While fighting his corner in the train carriage, events in Germany were unfolding faster than he could possibly imagine.

This programme follows the meeting and its consequences - not only for the individuals on the train, but the countries they represented. This is the story of the end of one World War, and the beginning of another.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0br9xzq

This is a very interesting programme

Matthias Erzberger went on to be described as The Most Hated Man in Germany and he was assassinated.
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 36007
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby xtras1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Guest wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
drum wrote:Limitless is on tonight on 5Star channel. Bradley Cooper :wubwub: and Robert De Niro. starting now.



Fantastic actor De Niro... November 27th the Irishman on Netflix starring him, can't wait :twirl:

What’s it about? :doomed:



Dunno but De Niro is in it :mrgreen:

Mafia probably :again?:
User avatar
xtras1
 
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby LordRaven » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:17 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Guest wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
drum wrote:Limitless is on tonight on 5Star channel. Bradley Cooper :wubwub: and Robert De Niro. starting now.



Fantastic actor De Niro... November 27th the Irishman on Netflix starring him, can't wait :twirl:

What’s it about? :doomed:



Dunno but De Niro is in it :mrgreen:

Mafia probably :again?:


De Niro, Pesci, Pacino, Garcia etc etc, all make fine gangsters :thumbsup:
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 36007
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests