Members appreciation thread

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Members appreciation thread

Postby Dean » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:01 pm

Guest wrote:
Dean wrote:Very few of us original posters left now...

You are a great poster, Dean :ooer:

I know...
Dean

Postby Holly » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:04 pm

Who are all the originals apart from the ones McAz mentioned?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:10 pm

Holly wrote:

Who are all the originals apart from the ones McAz mentioned?

Too many to mention...
Dean

Postby Major » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:34 pm

My memory has just been jogged.

When I first arrived on forums I was naive as hell, still am, NOT, :awesome:
Dean held the title of troll/bully number one.

Fenella and Syl were the better posters then, Lola used to make me laff but Dean bullied her relentlessly.
Remember Skull, he did not like bulls either.
Remember Morningstarr, he had a good forum
Going back 10 years I still hear the same tripe being levelled at me by troll gosh----. they cannot take the truth.
Major
Twat.

Postby BUDGIE » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm

Call me what you like, but I've never been a ginger pretending to be a blonde, or a sexy Indian ... Lordy, Dean, Frosty and oddball are the realest fuckers still on here..

The rest? Fire and pish springs to mind...
BUDGIE
What the fuck?

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:41 pm

BUDGIE wrote:Call me what you like, but I've never been a ginger pretending to be a blonde, or a sexy Indian ... Lordy, Dean, Frosty and oddball are the realest fuckers still on here..

What about the ones you supposedly met?

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:03 pm

Holly wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:You have to be a bit arsey otherwise you won’t survive.
Which is surprising really as I’m so nice irl, everyone says so. :oops:

I was so naive when I first started to post on forums 10 years ago, I'm almost embarrassed thinking back... I had different emotions, from being shocked to outraged, from giving too much RL stuff away to falling for trolls or people trying to con you for information. It's amazing what kind of weird people are trying to get in touch with you, wanting to get you involved in forum intrigues/fights/wars and then stab you in the back, yes I learned the hard way by trusting the wrong people ..10 years on forums definitely made me forum-wise, it made me realise to never open up, never post your emotion, basically don't trust anyone and never get in touch privately except for really genuine reasons.

Having said that, I am in contact with some very few lovely people I have met on forums and who I have been friends with for the last 10 years...but I also really like a lot of our members here. I would definitely miss most of them would we ever go offline.

I know i'm still a newbie and not a "die hard member" (yet!) but i'm hoping to still be posting on here in years to come. I have tbh and say that i'm uncomfortable with some of the things i see posted, but having read that this is predominantly a trolling forum i guess i'd better get used to it. But thanks to you, Holly, and the other admins for letting me join.

I only started using forums 6 years ago, and that was because of the mobile network i was with back then. But real relationships can form. I got to know many people, but especially a guy who was like an older brother to me, we were great friends and he was so fucking funny. The saddest day of my life so far was when he got ill a little while back, and subsequently died. My grief was very real. I'm still in contact with his wife, it's good to reminisce with her and remember him. But i still miss talking to him.

I was perma banned from that place, but not before falling in love with one of the mods. She works for the network, but we'd swapped email addresses because i saw the ban coming and didn't want to lose touch with her. It turned out she felt the same way as me, and the rest, as they say, is history! :wubwub:

All in all, forums are fucking great :twirl:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby BUDGIE » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:08 pm

Guest wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:Call me what you like, but I've never been a ginger pretending to be a blonde, or a sexy Indian ... Lordy, Dean, Frosty and oddball are the realest fuckers still on here..

What about the ones you supposedly met?

"Still on here"

Only lordy remains active poster rom the people I met on here.

The rest who have left are sound. And that includes those you don't know about.
BUDGIE
What the fuck?

Postby Dean » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:17 pm

Major wrote:My memory has just been jogged.

When I first arrived on forums I was naive as hell, still am, NOT, :awesome:
Dean held the title of troll/bully number one.

Fenella and Syl were the better posters then, Lola used to make me laff but Dean bullied her relentlessly.
Remember Skull, he did not like bulls either.
Remember Morningstarr, he had a good forum
Going back 10 years I still hear the same tripe being levelled at me by troll gosh----. they cannot take the truth.

Other way around Starbold. She used to pick on me relentlessly... :shake head:
Dean

Postby Fletch » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:33 pm

despite our pain in the arse forum trolls who most of you know shouldn't be taken too seriously.

:scratch:

Dogs is a trolling forum. It's what it was set up as and always has been. :dunno:
Fletch

Postby Vam » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:35 pm

Why thank you, Ms Holly! :Wiiiine!: I know you started this thread with me in mind :gigglesnshit:

(I’ve just posted something in the Twitter thread for you to see)
Vam

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:40 pm

I have found in my short time here Dean to be eminently reasonable and fair. If he appears "crude or rude" then he is not prejudiced in his crudeness or rudeness. You can hold a proper (short) conversation with him and he generally gets the point and can be helpful. Others are occassionally it seems (but definitely not always) too focused on their own thoughts to read clearly what you write or play certain adversorial games rather than engage properly in "fair" discussion. Such is life.

Postby .SF. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:41 pm

Fletch wrote:
despite our pain in the arse forum trolls who most of you know shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Dogs is a trolling forum. It's what it was set up as and always has been. :dunno:

That was the impression I got, well this section of it anyway. It surprises me that people start 'serious' threads here then complain they're being spoilt. Isn't the whole idea that there's another part of the site for that where trolling is a no-no?
.SF.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:43 pm

Fletch wrote:

...Two sandwiches short of a picnic :off head: :laughing:

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:43 pm

Fletch wrote:

Hi Fletch, is this your admission that you are a troll? If so that would disappoint me because I came to believe you believed what you claimed to believe on here. If you are making it up then all your comments become null and void and meaningless. Alternately I could use my brain and judge each comment on its own merits.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms