My Covid19 worry

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: My Covid19 worry

Postby Snookerballs » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:41 pm

malamute wrote:Most of our small villages along the Norfolk coast are packed with people coming to their second homes and caravans from London and other densely populated places. Our councils have now closed their car parks to deter people and are begging people to go back to their permanent homes. It’s not right that they are buying up everything in our local shops and could take the place of a local person at the GP or hospital. They have the money to come here and buy whatever they like and spread their germs around in the process. They don’t give a thought to local workers on minimum wage who can only afford a few groceries at a time.

I did hear that caravan sites are closing so that might get rid of some of them.

Even Kate and William and their kids and staff have descended on Norfolk now!

Words fail me , Royalty should show an example to us subjects

We are experiencing the same problem here on the IOW, Holiday camp sites are starting to fill up despite yesterdays announcements that these sites will be closed
The club Houses and Laundry facilities have been closed , what do these people think they can do during the daytime
Our Hospital only has 8 ICU beds these must be available for the Island Population not filled by people from the main land .
Snookerballs

Postby Major » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:45 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:People are free to go to the I O W, to their holiday homes

As a so called Military man you do not seem to understand the meaning of "Martial Law"

Which basically is what we have now

Every thing is being closed down except for Food, Medicines, Petrol and Key Workers the next stage is Military and Police on the Streets to enforce the law . .

Major was posting at 6:38, the UK was a very different country less than two hours later

Thank you CJ for your common sense and actually reading my post accurately which some find difficult ON PURPOSE.
Major
Twat.

Postby Snookerballs » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:16 pm

Major wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:

As a so called Military man you do not seem to understand the meaning of "Martial Law"

Every thing is being closed down except for Food, Medicines, Petrol and Key Workers the next stage is Military and Police on the Streets to enforce the law . .

Major was posting at 6:38, the UK was a very different country less than two hours later

Thank you CJ for your common sense and actually reading my post accurately which some find difficult ON PURPOSE.

I accept that circumstances can change by the hour without realising , however I find many of your comments regarding the virus irresponsable
Snookerballs

Postby Major » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:23 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:

I accept that circumstances can change by the hour without realising , however I find many of your comments regarding the virus irresponsable

Pray tell SB, IN QUOTE or forever hold your 'piece' :flog:
Major
Twat.

Postby malamute » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:33 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
malamute wrote:Most of our small villages along the Norfolk coast are packed with people coming to their second homes and caravans from London and other densely populated places. Our councils have now closed their car parks to deter people and are begging people to go back to their permanent homes. It’s not right that they are buying up everything in our local shops and could take the place of a local person at the GP or hospital. They have the money to come here and buy whatever they like and spread their germs around in the process. They don’t give a thought to local workers on minimum wage who can only afford a few groceries at a time.

I did hear that caravan sites are closing so that might get rid of some of them.

Even Kate and William and their kids and staff have descended on Norfolk now!

Words fail me , Royalty should show an example to us subjects

We are experiencing the same problem here on the IOW, Holiday camp sites are starting to fill up despite yesterdays announcements that these sites will be closed
The club Houses and Laundry facilities have been closed , what do these people think they can do during the daytime
Our Hospital only has 8 ICU beds these must be available for the Island Population not filled by people from the main land .

Quite. We are a large county and we do have 3 hospitals but they all take in patients from a huge catchment area. The main one at Norwich is always full to bursting anyway and people usually go to appointments at least an hour early because parking is so poor.

You would think on the IOW they would not allow holidaymakers on the ferries and offer just a very limited service for local key workers.
malamute

Postby Cannydc » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:38 pm

In a tweet, Foleshill police wrote:

Unbelievably, we’ve just had to deal with 20+ people having a BBQ!! Please listen to government advice else this will get worse and will last longer!!
Cannydc

Postby Snookerballs » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:09 pm

Major wrote:]People are free to go to the I O W, to their holiday homes

Every thing is being closed down except for Food, Medicines, Petrol and Key Workers the next stage is Military and Police on the Streets to enforce the law . .[/quote]

I accept that circumstances can change by the hour without realising , however I find many of your comments regarding the virus irresponsable[/quote]

Pray tell SB, IN QUOTE or forever hold your 'piece' :flog:[/quote][/quote]

Just look at the first post on this quote
Snookerballs

Postby malamute » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:37 pm

The district council at Cromer closed car parks to deter people from visiting. Today they have had to fence off Cromer Pier because so many people are still going there. What is wrong with people?

I guess the fabulous weather has sent people doolally! Maybe if we get a few wet days things will calm down.

My son has just got back from a bike ride. Every single day whatever the weather he does about 10 miles. We are in a very rural area well away from towns or shops and usually he doesn’t even meet a car on the back lanes he uses. He says it's mental out there today. Walkers, cyclists, kids on scooters, someone on a quad bike, people in roof down sports cars, dog walkers and horseriders.
malamute

Postby Abs » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:29 am

dr synne wrote:
Major wrote:Very good post.
You must not let your heart rule your brain, you must brave mate, you are the one who has to lead the way.
Communicate by telephone, if possible communicate through a open window, door, keep your distance, were gloves, do not touch anyone or be touched.
There is not a easy solution but TRY CJ.

Best wishes to you CJ and anyone else in a similar situation.

That's an idea. On nice days sit in the garden and she sits in the kitchen with the window open. Something like that.

On the subject of what worries me. When I was a kid I used to have a really bad phobia about this type of things, plagues, pandemics etc.

Ironically now I feel like the only one who isn't worried. I'm so not worried that it's worrying lol.

Although I do understand some have a reason for worrying.

Nope you aren't the only one. I feel the same way for some reason and I am at greater risk for getting the virus due to all my medical problems, being older and being a cancer survivor. But I'm not worried at all. I haven't even been taking my xanax. I can't believe I'm not freaking out or having anxiety or panic attacks.
Abs

Postby dr synne » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:26 pm

Abs wrote:
dr synne wrote:Nope you aren't the only one. I feel the same way for some reason and I am at greater risk for getting the virus due to all my medical problems, being older and being a cancer survivor. But I'm not worried at all. I haven't even been taking my xanax. I can't believe I'm not freaking out or having anxiety or panic attacks.

It's weird isn't it. But don't get complacent and do take neccessary precautions given your circumstances. :smilin:

I follow the advice because I don't want to be a risk to others if I can help it.
dr synne

Postby dr synne » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:30 pm

malamute wrote:The district council at Cromer closed car parks to deter people from visiting. Today they have had to fence off Cromer Pier because so many people are still going there. What is wrong with people?

I guess the fabulous weather has sent people doolally! Maybe if we get a few wet days things will calm down.

My son has just got back from a bike ride. Every single day whatever the weather he does about 10 miles. We are in a very rural area well away from towns or shops and usually he doesn’t even meet a car on the back lanes he uses. He says it's mental out there today. Walkers, cyclists, kids on scooters, someone on a quad bike, people in roof down sports cars, dog walkers and horseriders.

It could be that some, being genuinly worried, see the beautiful weather and think make the most of it, I might not be here much longer.

Contradictory I know but human nature being what it is.
dr synne

Postby Abs » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:22 pm

dr synne wrote:
Abs wrote:
dr synne wrote:Nope you aren't the only one. I feel the same way for some reason and I am at greater risk for getting the virus due to all my medical problems, being older and being a cancer survivor. But I'm not worried at all. I haven't even been taking my xanax. I can't believe I'm not freaking out or having anxiety or panic attacks.

It's weird isn't it. But don't get complacent and do take neccessary precautions given your circumstances. :smilin:

I follow the advice because I don't want to be a risk to others if I can help it.

Yes I am being very careful, I haven't even been by to see my mother, but thankfully by siblings have stepped up and tend to her needs, which at the top of her list is visitation. She is 87 but in pretty good health. I spend a lot of time with her but with everyone else coming and going to see her, I don't think it's a good idea right now.
Abs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:51 pm

Abs wrote:
dr synne wrote:
Abs wrote:

Yes I am being very careful, I haven't even been by to see my mother, but thankfully by siblings have stepped up and tend to her needs, which at the top of her list is visitation. She is 87 but in pretty good health. I spend a lot of time with her but with everyone else coming and going to see her, I don't think it's a good idea right now.

Hi Abs your connection/puter problems solved then?
Glad you're not panicking never does any good.
I'm at increased threat too but getting on the best I can and missing the world somewhat but .... staying in as much as possible washing my hands and generally relaxing.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Bella » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:14 am

Cumbria is high up , I keep thinking of when the last time I filled my car up in Ambleside for work, place was packed, no where to park etc, just crazy! I think almost 2 weeks now since I've been in, apart from essential shop and exercise :doomed:
Bella

Postby Bella » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:26 am

Crazy last weekend up the Langdales, motor homes parked all over the place and the tiny local shops stripped so locals had nothing, locals abusing the tourists etc. Hopefully thats all over now, the cottage rentals have shut down, no work for us but heath is all.
Bella

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug