Who's barking at passing traffic by now,

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Who's barking at passing traffic by now,

Postby Stooo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:32 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:A market town in the UK. I don't live on a main road but it is a through road from the town centre to the main road. There were an awful lot of cars going past particularly this morning. There was a also a fair few work vans in the time I was looking out of my window, some with more than one occupant in them so quite probably containing people not from the same residence.

For a country supposed to be in lockdown, there was an awful lot of traffic about.

I've seen the opposite.

Stooo, you only have to see the images of the hoardes of people queing at supermarkets still to realise that people are still not taking this whole lockdown thing seriously.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

You're in Wiltshire you fucking idiot.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:39 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:A market town in the UK. I don't live on a main road but it is a through road from the town centre to the main road. There were an awful lot of cars going past particularly this morning. There was a also a fair few work vans in the time I was looking out of my window, some with more than one occupant in them so quite probably containing people not from the same residence.

For a country supposed to be in lockdown, there was an awful lot of traffic about.

I've seen the opposite.

Stooo, you only have to see the images of the hoardes of people queing at supermarkets still to realise that people are still not taking this whole lockdown thing seriously.

Oh big deal, so I'm in Wiltshire. It doesn't make what I'm saying a lie.

Postby Stooo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I've seen the opposite.

Oh big deal, so I'm in Wiltshire. It doesn't make what I'm saying a lie.

Military traffic then.

Stay indoors you idiot.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby xtras1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:46 pm

Here in London Hackney.. it's very quiet, it's like a ghost town. I haven't been out but I've been told & seen video evidence :mrgreen:
xtras1

Postby Dean » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:46 pm

If he’s from Wiltshire then his sister is probably his mother...
Dean

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:49 pm

Dean wrote:If he’s from Wiltshire then his sister is probably his mother...

That's Somerset dickhead.

Postby Stooo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:54 pm

We have a problem in the Westcountry... :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:55 pm

The whole area is a bit suspect. Especially Wiltshire...
Dean

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Hardly any traffic here when I went to work - that's one good thing to come out of it. :mrgreen:

Insects are back, no really.

Last Summer I was massively disturbed by the lack of smears on my windscreen considering my daily mileage but I'm back to using a scourer to scrub some vision out of it. We need insects. :thumbsup:

It's a bit hard to believe these stories of the insect population plummeting because here it certainly didn't happen .... windscreens as splattered as normal last summer plus .... the place is teeming with every kind of wildlife imaginable in this country.
Slugs snakes foxes badgers rabbits frogs toads newts slow worms deer birds of unimaginable variety!
Birds of prey seriously on the up and up and bees everywhere and more beekeepers producing local honey than ever.
Rivers full of fish and dragon f;lies and plant life .... Manchester London and New York might be struggling but I'm surprised living in the countryside you've seen any decline.
The slight rise in CO2 over the last thirty years has meant an abundance of grains and fruits like never before too for the wildlife to thrive on.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby calitom » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:29 am

But Wiltshire sounds so distinguished
calitom

Postby drum » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:06 am

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Hardly any traffic here when I went to work - that's one good thing to come out of it. :mrgreen:

Last Summer I was massively disturbed by the lack of smears on my windscreen considering my daily mileage but I'm back to using a scourer to scrub some vision out of it. We need insects. :thumbsup:

How do I get rid of ants?
local council have put out notice they are no longer dealing with pest infestations.. same day my daughter house was crawling with ants , I laughed at the irony.
I have got her raid but didn't work, told her to sprinkle talc where she sees ants so we can try and find where their coming from.. She's a clean freak and wont do that :roll:
She's also ordered nippon but god knows how long that will take to come.
I think theyre near her stairs and she finds 1 or 2 in living room and sometimes kitchen. must mostly hall and stair area.
drum

Postby Nucks » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:23 am

calitom wrote:

But Wiltshire sounds so distinguished

It's a magical place where they grow ready meals for the elderly.
Nucks

Postby Gabby » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:27 am

drum wrote:
Stooo wrote:

local council have put out notice they are no longer dealing with pest infestations.. same day my daughter house was crawling with ants , I laughed at the irony.
I have got her raid but didn't work, told her to sprinkle talc where she sees ants so we can try and find where their coming from.. She's a clean freak and wont do that :roll:
I think theyre near her stairs and she finds 1 or 2 in living room and sometimes kitchen. must mostly hall and stair area.

I think I’d see ants as welcome visitors right now! :yess:
Gabby

Postby Dean » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:33 am

Gabby wrote:
drum wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You can’t be that hungry yet???
Dean

Postby Gabby » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:04 am

Dean wrote:
Gabby wrote:
drum wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You can’t be that hungry yet???

:laughing: .... never say never! :thud:
Gabby

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms