TV chat, what are you watching? #3

Big Threads

Re: TV chat, what are you watching? #3

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:38 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:On All4. Dirty Secrets of American Food: Coming to a Supermarket Near You?

American shit. This'll turn me veggie (none from the US though!) if nothing else will :pukeup:

ETA the US bit

I’m glad I’ve stopped eating red meat after seeing all that cattle crowded in shitty enclosed spaces.

Eating distressed meat may explain some of the madness we’ve been witnessing from over there.

And the pigs eat their own faeces :pukeup:

:shake head:

Do they? I didn’t get that far into the prog, stopped after seeing the poor cattle conditions.
I was in/around Norwich last year and saw some massive pigs on their farms, they even had their own shelters and were free to move about their own pens. Looked very healthy, now that’s a bit of bacon I don’t mind eating.

They have strict rules over here, thankfully. The pigs live a good life. (Before ending up in your sarnie)

You can taste the difference.
Lady Murasaki

Postby xtras1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:25 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

I rarely eat anything else but chicken, and that's twice a week. I'm not a meat lover but would find it hard to give up chicken. Don't mind turkey either, minced turkey for bolognese is ok.

But after watching that programme, and if the UK government allow that crap into our food chain, then i'd have to give it up :bawlin:

Minced turkey :pukeup: :pukeup: :pukeup: :pukeup: in a Bolognese :pukeup: :pukeup: :pukeup: :pukeup:
xtras1

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:47 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

I rarely eat anything else but chicken, and that's twice a week. I'm not a meat lover but would find it hard to give up chicken. Don't mind turkey either, minced turkey for bolognese is ok.

But after watching that programme, and if the UK government allow that crap into our food chain, then i'd have to give it up :bawlin:

Minced turkey :pukeup: :pukeup: :pukeup: :pukeup: in a Bolognese :pukeup: :pukeup: :pukeup: :pukeup:

It's not as bad as chlorinated chicken though :gigglesnshit:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby .SF. » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:01 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

What's bad about chlorine washed chicken?
.SF.

Postby xtras1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:03 pm

.SF. wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Chlorine washing just makes it impossible to detect the bacteria in the lab, giving the false impression that the bacteria have been killed when they haven't. This means chlorine washed chicken could still carry salmonella and other bacteria, which is a clear human health risk.
xtras1

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:07 pm

.SF. wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

What's good about it?
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby .SF. » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:17 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
.SF. wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

What's good about it?

A lot has been made in a negative way about using a chlorine wash but I've yet to see what the problem is, I thought maybe you'd know as you've mentioned it.
.SF.

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:20 pm

.SF. wrote:A lot has been made in a negative way about using a chlorine wash but I've yet to see what the problem is, I thought maybe you'd know as you've mentioned it.

I did know, and it's exactly what xtras has said. I'm not eating anything that has potentially harmful bacteria that's been covered up by chlorine.

Nope, not in this lifetime.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby .SF. » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:46 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
.SF. wrote:A lot has been made in a negative way about using a chlorine wash but I've yet to see what the problem is, I thought maybe you'd know as you've mentioned it.

I did know, and it's exactly what xtras has said. I'm not eating anything that has potentially harmful bacteria that's been covered up by chlorine.

I guess the test would be to see if the rate of food poisoning from chicken in the US is much higher than in the UK. If it isn't there may not actually be a problem.
.SF.

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:51 pm

.SF. wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

I guess the test would be to see if the rate of food poisoning from chicken in the US is much higher than in the UK. If it isn't there may not actually be a problem.

But in the meantime i'm not being a guinea pig for it and will stick to UK chicken only!
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Gabby » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:25 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
.SF. wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

But in the meantime i'm not being a guinea pig for it and will stick to UK chicken only!

Yeah, I always check out the source.... that applies to all meat!.... what more can you do, other than don’t eat it? :dunno:
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:37 pm

.SF. wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Well there's this:

And the food standards that Britain currently uses seem to be working—or working better than ours, at least. Americans get food poisoning at ten times the rate of people in the UK. Nearly 400 in the U.S. die from salmonella poisoning each year, while not a single person in England or Wales (together, home to nearly 90 percent of the UK’s population) died from the bacteria between 2005 and 2015.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... h-protest/

Tumours are cut out of diseased animals rather than destroying the carcass, it's a good read.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Am I in wrong thread » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:43 pm

England v Denmark. :doomed:
Am I in wrong thread

Postby Jobless Oddball » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Around the world in 80 days with Michael Palin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:05 pm

Gabby wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
.SF. wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Yeah, I always check out the source.... that applies to all meat!.... what more can you do, other than don’t eat it? :dunno:

Exactly, but the US wants no country of origin on the packaging because they know we won't eat their shit.
Toke 'n' gesture

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive