Random Stuff # 33

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff # 33

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:40 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
I'm sick of hearing about how some violent people have mental health issues which cause them to go around hurting people. This man ripped a cross off a church, so you have to ask yourself why he did that. Next time he could really hurt someone. I haven't read anything about the vicar, I read that the man threw the cross down and then dragged it through the streets.

So what's the answer for people who have psychosis?

A local cafe owner said they saw the man sitting on the pavement bobbing his head back and forth on Sunday morning. They told MailOnline: ‘He disappeared for a while after I first saw him, but then the next thing I know he’s climbed onto the church and he’s shouting random abuse. ‘He was very angry and he started damaging the cross. ‘He was shouting about religion but to be honest he wasn’t making much sense.’

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/19/man-trie ... to=cbshare

How do you know he has psychosis? His behaviour just screams extremist to me, and that sort of thing should be nipped in the bud. Even if he does have psychosis, he can't be allowed to go around doing that sort of thing.

So what's your answer to obvious MH issues?

You haven't established that he has a mental health issue yet.
Raggamuffin

Postby xtras1 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
I'm sick of hearing about how some violent people have mental health issues which cause them to go around hurting people. This man ripped a cross off a church, so you have to ask yourself why he did that. Next time he could really hurt someone. I haven't read anything about the vicar, I read that the man threw the cross down and then dragged it through the streets.

A local cafe owner said they saw the man sitting on the pavement bobbing his head back and forth on Sunday morning. They told MailOnline: ‘He disappeared for a while after I first saw him, but then the next thing I know he’s climbed onto the church and he’s shouting random abuse. ‘He was very angry and he started damaging the cross. ‘He was shouting about religion but to be honest he wasn’t making much sense.’

How do you know he has psychosis? His behaviour just screams extremist to me, and that sort of thing should be nipped in the bud. Even if he does have psychosis, he can't be allowed to go around doing that sort of thing.

have to agree with you rags, i don't mean to offend anyone, but his name the religious rant & the trying to remove the cross .

obviously there are mental health issues there, you wouldn't be normal if you were a 'suicide bomber' ( Manchester bombing)
xtras1

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:07 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

have to agree with you rags, i don't mean to offend anyone, but his name the religious rant & the trying to remove the cross .

obviously there are mental health issues there, you wouldn't be normal if you were a 'suicide bomber' ( Manchester bombing)

Suicide is at the front of MH issues.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby xtras1 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:12 pm

Stooo wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

suicide is yes... but preparing to take your own life & the life of others is serious MH issues.
xtras1

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:12 pm

Stooo wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

He didn't commit suicide though did he?

People with schizophrenia are usually not a danger, but there have been too many stories about people running amok stabbing people and then we hear they have schizophrenia. If they do not take their medication, they should be forced to have injected medication so they do not become a danger to others.

I haven't read anything to indicate that this man has schizophrenia or any kind of psychosis, so I don't know where you got that from.
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:14 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:He didn't commit suicide though did he?

People with schizophrenia are usually not a danger, but there have been too many stories about people running amok stabbing people and then we hear they have schizophrenia. If they do not take their medication, they should be forced to have injected medication so they do not become a danger to others.

I haven't read anything to indicate that this man has schizophrenia or any kind of psychosis, so I don't know where you got that from.

You want to assault people?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:21 pm

Stooo wrote:

If they won't take their medication, and that makes them dangerous, yes - forced medication will save lives. The other option is to section them.

You want another Nicola Edgington or Nicholas Salvador running around?
Raggamuffin

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:

If they won't take their medication, and that makes them dangerous, yes - forced medication will save lives. The other option is to section them.

sectioning is all about forced medication, either to protect them or the people around them

it's not an either/or situation

if you want to force medication then a legally sanctioned section under the mental health act should be the only way to achieve that
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:26 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:

sectioning is all about forced medication, either to protect them or the people around them

if you want to force medication then a legally sanctioned section under the mental health act should be the only way to achieve that

Oh, you want to discuss it with me now then?
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:27 pm

What I mean is that they should agree to injected medication, and if they don't agree, they should be sectioned.
Raggamuffin

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Oh, you want to discuss it with me now then?

no

there is nothing to discuss :smilin:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:What I mean is that they should agree to injected medication, and if they don't agree, they should be sectioned.

For what reason?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby xtras1 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:What I mean is that they should agree to injected medication, and if they don't agree, they should be sectioned.

sounds very dickensian ..
xtras1

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:35 pm

Stooo wrote:

For what reason?

So that they don't become a danger to others, and go around stabbing people.
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:36 pm

xtras1 wrote:

sounds very dickensian ..

What would you do about someone who has schizophrenia but doesn't take their medication, which then makes them likely to hurt others?
Raggamuffin

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive