Proper Heroes

A right load of bollocks...

Proper Heroes

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:29 pm

My life is one of an ordinary person that will make no mark on human history, but some people were clearly born to leave their mark on history.
Here's one...

"Carton de Wiart served in the Boer War, World War One and World War Two. In the process he was shot in the face, losing his left eye, and was also shot through the skull, hip, leg, ankle and ear. In WW1 he was severely wounded on eight occasions and mentioned in despatches six times."
Participated: World War I, Battle of the Somme, ...
Born: 5 May 1880, Brussels
Died: 1963, County Cork
Order: Distinguished Service Order

Adrian Carton de Wiart: The unkillable soldier - BBC Newswww.bbc.com › news › magazine-30685433

What an incredible human being! Talk about a life well lived and yet he is not well known -- which is weird.

Heroes come in all forms, my thoughts on Marcus Rashford right now for the sterling work he is doing for the disadvantaged will leave an indelible mark on history.
Are there any today you can think of who will leave a mark on history? Or any from the past who did leave a mark and who we never hear of?
LordRaven
Twat.

Re: Proper Heroes

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:36 pm

Fighting in wars does not make one a hero in my eyes.

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:43 pm

Guest wrote:Fighting in wars does not make one a hero in my eyes.

Okay, well thanks for letting us know you'd have laid down arms, grounded the RAF and sent the Royal Navy to ferry Nazi Troops over the channel just to appease Adolph and the Nazis.

I have to tell you I don't think many will agree with you on this.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby xtras1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:57 pm

for protecting ones country?
xtras1

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:15 pm

xtras1 wrote:

Indeed, or "quite" :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby xtras1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:17 pm

LordRaven wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

:dafinger:

people do make me laugh... so many so called 'heroes' now.. when the ones who fought for us the conditions they must have endured and the horrors they witnessed we will never know.

and then we have guest :woteva:
xtras1

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:39 pm

xtras1 wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

:dafinger:

people do make me laugh... so many so called 'heroes' now.. when the ones who fought for us the conditions they must have endured and the horrors they witnessed we will never know.

and then we have guest :woteva:

That guest is a moron.
NHS are heroes.
And that includes NHS cleaners.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:59 pm

LordRaven wrote:My life is one of an ordinary person that will make no mark on human history, but some people were clearly born to leave their mark on history.
Here's one...

"Carton de Wiart served in the Boer War, World War One and World War Two. In the process he was shot in the face, losing his left eye, and was also shot through the skull, hip, leg, ankle and ear. In WW1 he was severely wounded on eight occasions and mentioned in despatches six times."

Adrian Carton de Wiart: The unkillable soldier - BBC Newswww.bbc.com › news › magazine-30685433

What an incredible human being! Talk about a life well lived and yet he is not well known -- which is weird.

Heroes come in all forms, my thoughts on Marcus Rashford right now for the sterling work he is doing for the disadvantaged will leave an indelible mark on history.
Are there any today you can think of who will leave a mark on history? Or any from the past who did leave a mark and who we never hear of?

A life well lived!!!!!
Disabled for most of it and you think he had a life well lived!!!
I think the other guys who managed to get home in one piece stood a better chance of having a life well lived.
Hello how did you become so disabled?
Well people kept shooting at me and I ended up leaving bits of myself all over the place.
How do you feel about having been made dependant on others for the rest of your life needing carers and a life on benefits?
Oh I feel I had a life well lived.

Must have been common senses grandad.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:02 pm

I wonder what his friends went on to be?
Fathers family men grandfathers.
Bank managers shop keepers train drivers footballers .... you know had a life well lived :ooer:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby xtras1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:11 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:My life is one of an ordinary person that will make no mark on human history, but some people were clearly born to leave their mark on history.
Here's one...

A life well lived!!!!!
I think the other guys who managed to get home in one piece stood a better chance of having a life well lived.
Well people kept shooting at me and I ended up leaving bits of myself all over the place.
How do you feel about having been made dependant on others for the rest of your life needing carers and a life on benefits?

you should read up on Carton de Wiart, his disabilities never stopped him living a full life far from needing carers why the man was still ready for duty in his 60's.
amazing story,
xtras1

Postby Guest who can read links » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:21 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Here's one...

A life well lived!!!!!

you should read up on Carton de Wiart, his disabilities never stopped him living a full life far from needing carers why the man was still ready for duty in his 60's.
amazing story,

An amazing life story, saying war suited him after being shot and wounded so much was a good read.
They don’t make men like that now.
Guest who can read links

Postby xtras1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:27 pm

Guest who can read links wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Here's one...

A life well lived!!!!!

amazing story,

An amazing life story, saying war suited him after being shot and wounded so much was a good read.
They don’t make men like that now.

yeah odd thing to say war suited him, i was just pointing out hi injuries never stopped him.. :smilin:
xtras1

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:53 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I wonder what his friends went on to be?
Fathers family men grandfathers.
Bank managers shop keepers train drivers footballers .... you know had a life well lived :ooer:

Some people might say that being a bank manager doesn't equate to a "life well lived". :laughing:
Raggamuffin

Postby LordRaven » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:01 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Here's one...

A life well lived!!!!!

You are missing the point entirely, we are all where we are through being born at a time an place of no choosing of our own.
Our good fortune in being born much later than him is clearly far more preferable to the time he was born when the world was a far different place.
Using hindsight you have judged him --and that is silly.
Serving in Boer war, 1st world war and the second world war against the Nazis clearly demonstrates he lived in less preferable times.
The fact he fought the Nazis to help keep them at bay and this country safe is commendable --all whilst bearing the scars and wounds of previous battles and with one eye.
If that is not a hero I don't know what is?
So please explain in detail, without hindsight, how he doesn't qualify as a hero please. :dunno:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:05 am

I get the impression males need heroes more than women do. Nothing wrong with that but the problem is building people up too much so that they appear superhuman and without flaws. :srs?:
Lady Murasaki

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms