Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Literary Corner

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:39 am

drum wrote:
Holly wrote:
drum wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Just read three Andy McNab books.

I might pick one of his up and give it a go, he's a popular writer.

How many books on the go at one time Jack? I generally have 2 or 3 going on and whatever trash is on the kindle, I have thousands of books on the kindle but hate holding the thing, it gets too heavy.

I have a kindle, it was given to me as a gift, but no way am I going to read books on it. I still prefer real books. It's the whole experience of turning crisp pages and the satisfaction once you reach the last page.

I'm the same, I love the smell of a new book and that sensation you get when you crack the spine of a new read, like manna from heaven :wubwub:
My friend sent me a clamp for it so I could just lay in bed and read without holding it but it's a pain in the arse having to lift your finger from under the blankets to turn the page :pmsl: am so lazy like that :pmsl: Ideal for grandson watching a film before sleep though. Keeps him quiet.

Turn the pages of a book, but to much effort to scroll... :pmsl: In all honesty, I can't seriously argue against your conclusion.
art0hur0moh

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:20 pm

I’ve just realised on of my favourite authors died :bawlin:
I loved Mo Hayders “Jack Caffery” series, and I’m gutted there won’t be more.
NastyNickers

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:18 am

read blue mind by Wallace J. Nichols last year. started cloud watching again, not done that since primary school. look through such small windows creates a blind spot in the shape of the window :laughing: can't see a clear image in front of me for a few minuets after. an excellent book to read if your interested in how to relax the mind and be productive at the same time!

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug