Elon Musk is buying Twitter again - for now

Re: Elon Musk is buying Twitter again - for now

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:10 am

We can be pretty sure Elon Musk won't be on foodstamps anytime soon.

If you're worth $210 billion paying $45 billion to stay out of prison for the rest of your life is a price you would pay.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:24 am

Cactus Jack wrote:We can be pretty sure Elon Musk won't be on foodstamps anytime soon.

If you're worth $210 billion paying $45 billion to stay out of prison for the rest of your life is a price you would pay.

Can't you just feel the envy coming through the screen?

He's richer than you, get over it.

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:32 pm

Guest wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:We can be pretty sure Elon Musk won't be on foodstamps anytime soon.

Can't you just feel the envy coming through the screen?

He's richer than you, get over it.

First that's not a high bar and second he's richer than Bill Gates - but not nearly as charitable.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:57 pm

Maddog wrote:
Text wrote:
Guest wrote:Reports now say that Twitter is worth only 30% of what Elon Musk paid for it with it's revenues down by 50%.
Despite that Musk's personal fortune has grown by more than $68 billion.

It might even be worth less than that, for all we know. The ''estimated'' worth is just speculation. Ultimately the true worth of any property or firm is simply how much the highest bidder would be willing to pay for it.

Maybe the $68 billion profits come from his automobile and spaceX businesses? :smilin:

Tesla isn't doing well either.

But he his pretty well diversified.

He has Neuralink and The Boring Company in addition to SpaceX and some other companies..

And he could own quite a bit of stock in companies thar he isn't even involved in..

Nuralink is detatching itself from the donor brain in a process that I think is known as de-threading :ooer:

He is also demanding $56B to help to cover the 'loan' that he got from the Saudies to buy Twitter. Despite his tweets he has little input into SpaceX and the boring company is up there with the hyperloop.. :flog:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:42 pm

Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Text wrote:
Guest wrote:Reports now say that Twitter is worth only 30% of what Elon Musk paid for it with it's revenues down by 50%.
Despite that Musk's personal fortune has grown by more than $68 billion.

It might even be worth less than that, for all we know. The ''estimated'' worth is just speculation. Ultimately the true worth of any property or firm is simply how much the highest bidder would be willing to pay for it.

Maybe the $68 billion profits come from his automobile and spaceX businesses? :smilin:

Tesla isn't doing well either.

But he his pretty well diversified.

He has Neuralink and The Boring Company in addition to SpaceX and some other companies..

And he could own quite a bit of stock in companies thar he isn't even involved in..

Nuralink is detatching itself from the donor brain in a process that I think is known as de-threading :ooer:

He is also demanding $56B to help to cover the 'loan' that he got from the Saudies to buy Twitter. Despite his tweets he has little input into SpaceX and the boring company is up there with the hyperloop.. :flog:

I think he and his companies will be just fine, which will no doubt irritate the usual suspects. For the life of me, I can't figure out why.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:47 pm

Maddog wrote:I think he and his companies will be just fine, which will no doubt irritate the usual suspects. For the life of me, I can't figure out why.

It used to irritate you when he was a shill selling the Chinese Global Warming hoax.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:58 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:I think he and his companies will be just fine, which will no doubt irritate the usual suspects. For the life of me, I can't figure out why.

It used to irritate you when he was a shill selling the Chinese Global Warming hoax.

The only thing that ever bothered me in regards to Elon was all of the corporate welfare he got.

But I always hold the government officials who give away the money more responsible than the people talking the money. Only one of those two groups took an oath.

I'm quite consistent in my beliefs regardless of what side off the aisle other people are on..
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:39 am

No you just blame the government regardless - it's a part of that essential 'I'm a victim' mentality conservative media has made endemic among conservatives in America.

When Elon Musk was a threat to global oil and you were told to believe that made you a victm of the threat to global oil that's what you believed and now your told he's a champion of free speech because he destroyed Twitter that's what you believe.

If they told you to believe the world was run by talking mushrooms you would believe that too.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:07 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:No you just blame the government regardless - it's a part of that essential 'I'm a victim' mentality conservative media has made endemic among conservatives in America.

When Elon Musk was a threat to global oil and you were told to believe that made you a victm of the threat to global oil that's what you believed and now your told he's a champion of free speech because he destroyed Twitter that's what you believe.

If they told you to believe the world was run by talking mushrooms you would believe that too.

You spend way too much time thinking about me. Its not healthy.

Yes, as a libertarian I tend to think government is generally dysfunctional, expensive and too often oppressive.

Guilty as charged..
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:49 pm

Of course your desperate need to be a victim is going say I'm thinking about you individually and not collective consciousness of the sort of person who needs to think the government - usually in the thrall of some cabal - are responsible for everything wrong in their lives.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:04 pm

Anything about Musk instead of me?
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:38 pm

Maddog wrote:Anything about Musk instead of me?

You made it about you - and I just can't be bothered bringing it back.

So let's spend the rest of the thread talking about your favourite subject.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:06 pm

Guess not.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:20 pm

Maddog wrote:

Guess not.

NOPE -

You make the rules sweetie - I'll play by them and I think it doesn't take very long for you to get sick of diverting a thread onto your need to parade your victimhood around and show everyone what a loser you are.

Now reply to this - and get another reply all about your favourite subject - what a victim you are.
Cactus Jack

Previous

Return to World News