Guest all you like.

Windup over, Maddog has the key....

Spout BS for three years with no links to back up the BS

Way to go

Re: ??GUEST??

Postby LordRaven » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:20 pm

Cannydc wrote:"is your real name Cannydc??"

Pretty close, yes. :wurms:

Canny old boy,you will get used to it because it is true that guest posting envigorates this place. Just accept it.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:34 pm

I can (and will) simply ignore their existence, Lord Raven.

The idea that we are 'all anonymous' isn't true, of course. I am perfectly happy to answer Lord Raven (for instance) because I have an idea of where he comes from and what his reactions are likely to be to certain kinds of post. Hence I am unlikely to get ambushed and he is unlikely to be offended. In other words, I may not know who he is (nor particularly want to) but at least I know it is him I am replying to.

And that is how I would prefer it to remain.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:51 pm

Cannydc wrote:I can (and will) simply ignore their existence, Lord Raven.

The idea that we are 'all anonymous' isn't true, of course. I am perfectly happy to answer Lord Raven (for instance) because I have an idea of where he comes from and what his reactions are likely to be to certain kinds of post. Hence I am unlikely to get ambushed and he is unlikely to be offended. In other words, I may not know who he is (nor particularly want to) but at least I know it is him I am replying to.

So why are you posting on a forum where anonymous guest posting is actively encouraged?

That's the decision that the forum Admin have made and if you don't like the fact that you can't be certain who's who, then maybe this isn't the place for you.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:52 pm

That's the decision that the forum Admin have made and if you don't like the fact that you can't be certain who's who, then maybe this isn't the place for you.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Canny everyone on here gets attacked by anonymous guests and they do cause a flurry of posts. You will see.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Not from me, LR.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:05 pm

LordRaven wrote:

Canny everyone on here gets attacked by anonymous guests and they do cause a flurry of posts. You will see.

Why don't you ask Northern to stop guest posting if you don't like it and can't cope with it? There's no point in whining about it to anyone else is there?

Postby charlie » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:07 pm

It might not be a bad idea to start a "members only" section, and keep the rest of the board the way it is.
charlie

Postby Stooo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:11 pm

guest wrote:It might not be a bad idea to start a "members only" section, and keep the rest of the board the way it is.

Sorta goes against the whole ethos of the site though.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:12 pm

LordRaven wrote:

Even you post as a guest

Postby LordRaven » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Why don't you ask Northern to stop guest posting if you don't like it and can't cope with it? There's no point in whining about it to anyone else is there?

Learn to read you fucking idiot!! :dafinger:
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs