??GUEST??

Re: ??GUEST??

Postby LordRaven » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Stooo wrote:
guest wrote:It might not be a bad idea to start a "members only" section, and keep the rest of the board the way it is.

Sorta goes against the whole ethos of the site though.

Seconded :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:27 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Cannydc wrote:I can (and will) simply ignore their existence, Lord Raven.

The idea that we are 'all anonymous' isn't true, of course. I am perfectly happy to answer Lord Raven (for instance) because I have an idea of where he comes from and what his reactions are likely to be to certain kinds of post. Hence I am unlikely to get ambushed and he is unlikely to be offended. In other words, I may not know who he is (nor particularly want to) but at least I know it is him I am replying to.

And that is how I would prefer it to remain.

Canny everyone on here gets attacked by anonymous guests and they do cause a flurry of posts. You will see.

Why don't you ask Northern to stop guest posting if you don't like it and can't cope with it? There's no point in whining about it to anyone else is there?

Learn to read you fucking idiot!! :dafinger:

What's your point you thick fucker? This site has guest posting. Deal with it and stop your moaning!

Postby 3rdLeg » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Cannydc wrote:I can (and will) simply ignore their existence, Lord Raven.

The idea that we are 'all anonymous' isn't true, of course. I am perfectly happy to answer Lord Raven (for instance) because I have an idea of where he comes from and what his reactions are likely to be to certain kinds of post. Hence I am unlikely to get ambushed and he is unlikely to be offended. In other words, I may not know who he is (nor particularly want to) but at least I know it is him I am replying to.

And that is how I would prefer it to remain.

Canny everyone on here gets attacked by anonymous guests and they do cause a flurry of posts. You will see.

Why don't you ask Northern to stop guest posting if you don't like it and can't cope with it? There's no point in whining about it to anyone else is there?

What's your point you thick fucker? This site has guest posting. Deal with it and stop your moaning!

Guest, you come across a bit of a :hand: who did you piss off on SOL to wanna hide yourself eh?
3rdLeg

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:56 pm

3rdLeg wrote:
Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Guest, you come across a bit of a :hand: who did you piss off on SOL to wanna hide yourself eh?

Believe it or not, some of us were posting on here before SOL closed down.

This site encourages guest posting and thrives on guest posting and I see little chance that this will change, so the constant bleating about it is pointless. :smilin:

Postby 3rdLeg » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:18 pm

Still come across a bit of a :hand:
3rdLeg

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:20 pm

3rdLeg wrote:Still come across a bit of a :hand:

as do lots of the members

especially the twat who thought Wales lost to France in the rugby :gigglesnshit:

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:35 pm

3rdLeg wrote:Still come across a bit of a :hand:

As do you. Shame if you can't get to grips with the simple fact that Dogs is a site with guest posting, whether you like it or not. :pointlaugh:

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:48 am

Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

As you are clearly too fucking thick to work it out I cannot be arsed to explain. :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:52 am

LordRaven wrote:
Cannydc wrote:"is your real name Cannydc??"

Pretty close, yes. :wurms:

Canny old boy,you will get used to it because it is true that guest posting envigorates this place. Just accept it.

Bumped for the Thick Fucker Guest who thinks I am complaining about guest posting in the faint hope IT can realise how IT has been unable to grasp the fact that I was merely telling Canny that guest posting is necessary.
Some mother do have 'em!!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Fenella » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:03 am

Northern wrote:Why do people keep saying guests are cowards? It does my head in this as this forum is set up for guest posting, you call them cowards but at end of the day they can use a regular username whilst still posting with the guest facility, and you could still be frickin clueless as to whom they are. Have you actually ever contemplated that you may not have crossed forum paths with them before and they are just respomding to posts written on here?

Or is that just a tad too logical, an option?

Of course guest posting is different to members posting. A member posts using the same name but a guest can use different names so nobody will know which are their posts, or they just post as "guest" which doesn't distinguish them from other people called "guest". They can do one post after another using different names and pretend to be different people - someone posting as a member doesn't do that. That's why most of them are cowards - they're not prepared to join and always use the same name - or they're a member who doesn't want to be seen to be posting vile things. If a guest posts nice things, that's different - they're obviously not hiding in order to bitch.

Of course, a member of admin or a mod has to sit there and decide which guest posts to approve though - the posts don't get here all by themselves.
Fenella

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:29 am

Fenella wrote:
Northern wrote:Why do people keep saying guests are cowards? It does my head in this as this forum is set up for guest posting, you call them cowards but at end of the day they can use a regular username whilst still posting with the guest facility, and you could still be frickin clueless as to whom they are. Have you actually ever contemplated that you may not have crossed forum paths with them before and they are just respomding to posts written on here?

Of course guest posting is different to members posting. A member posts using the same name but a guest can use different names so nobody will know which are their posts, or they just post as "guest" which doesn't distinguish them from other people called "guest". They can do one post after another using different names and pretend to be different people - someone posting as a member doesn't do that. That's why most of them are cowards - they're not prepared to join and always use the same name - or they're a member who doesn't want to be seen to be posting vile things. If a guest posts nice things, that's different - they're obviously not hiding in order to bitch.

Of course, a member of admin or a mod has to sit there and decide which guest posts to approve though - the posts don't get here all by themselves.

Thanks for clearing that up Fenella. We never knew.Honest. :Hiya:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:34 am

Son :yikes:

its not our Rob back again is it?

lol
Mark

Postby Fenella » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:42 am

LordRaven wrote:
Fenella wrote:

It was for the benefit of people who are relatively new here and might not be used to cowardly guests. :gigglesnshit:
Fenella

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:46 am

Fenella wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Fenella wrote:

It was for the benefit of people who are relatively new here and might not be used to cowardly guests. :gigglesnshit:

Ever thought of taking up teaching? :dunno: :mrgreen:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:13 am

"Son
its not our Rob back again is it?"

Or Englishkuklack (sp) who also used the term when wound up / losing an argument hands-down..
Cannydc

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs