DS and DTV Part 4, yes really!

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 3

Postby Stooo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:20 am

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Screengrabs rather than links would be appropriate for hidden bollocks.

If this is repeated then I will filter links to DTV.

If I post screen grabs from DTV then I'll get banned from DTV and not be able to post screen grabs.

Yeah but it's shit because we can't see the content. Post it as a guest if you or anyone else wants to, it makes the other admin on there squirm and get paranoid, it's one of the reasons that we have it in the first place. You won't get grassed up by any Mods or Admin because it would stop it being done here. Obviously personal details are edited out but it's always good to see what's going on in the sekrit bits :leer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:22 am

Les wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Stooo wrote:

If I post screen grabs from DTV then I'll get banned from DTV and not be able to post screen grabs.

I probably could, as they don't (generally) ban me, but then I use a tablet half the time and haven't figured out a good way of doing that yet. Also. It's a ballache.

Install Firefox, install Screengrab addon. Suffer for your art you fanny...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Les » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:28 am

Stooo wrote:
Les wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I probably could, as they don't (generally) ban me, but then I use a tablet half the time and haven't figured out a good way of doing that yet. Also. It's a ballache.

Install Firefox, install Screengrab addon. Suffer for your art you fanny...

I'll see... :D

But, to be honest Stoo, as far as I can see there's been nothing much posted in forum fuckwittery for days. I reckon they really have all gone to some middle hidden level that we aren't party to. :cheers:
Les

Postby hardhead » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:31 am

DS'er 2013 wrote:Decent people do not care if someone is a troll, over caring if they are grieving mother.

Normal fms feel pissed off when it turns out they've believed a troll/WUM. Particularly if they've taken their part and defended them....and most especially if they've been tricked into believing/defending such a sick and extreme WUM as the Molly Morals type.

I guess you are relieved of the burden of good sense and good taste by your mania :shake head:
hardhead

Postby DS'er 2013 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:33 am

hardhead wrote:
DS'er 2013 wrote:The DS doubters were probably DTV PBUs, and if not they were the DSers that are infected by the DTV cancer of caring if posters are trolls or not.

Do you really think all this sounds rational? :off head: You've a wasp up your ass about being chucked when jubbly acted the maggot too much for even DTV to stand :grrrrr: Through this thread, through this evening you've just sounded more and more manic :shake head: And made less and less sense.

It was just before the split to DTV that there was a sudden rise in DS members caring if other posters were genuine or not. After they defected to DTV after being banned from DS, there was a rise in PBUs and sock puppets.

Then the DTV lot started using their 3 main tactics to get threads closed and members banned. Calling people 'Trolls' was one of them. And suggesting that threads were not real was another one. Since then genuine DS member have been lead to believe any thread or poster the DTV lot dislike, is not genuine.
DS'er 2013

Postby Stooo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:34 am

Les wrote:
But, to be honest Stoo, as far as I can see there's been nothing much posted in forum fuckwittery for days. I reckon they really have all gone to some middle hidden level that we aren't party to. :cheers:

We're getting a lot of traffic and it seems to be a lot of original people. These PMs seem to have been getting around :wurms:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby DS'er 2013 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:35 am

hardhead wrote:
DS'er 2013 wrote:Decent people do not care if someone is a troll, over caring if they are grieving mother.

Normal fms feel pissed off when it turns out they've believed a troll/WUM. Particularly if they've taken their part and defended them....and most especially if they've been tricked into believing/defending such a sick and extreme WUM as the Molly Morals type.

I guess you are relieved of the burden of good sense and good taste by your mania :shake head:

I am not sad enough to care worry if a poster is real or not. The subject of their thread is valid even if they are not. Molly Morals was insignificant on DS compared to the damage the DTV lot are doing.
DS'er 2013

Postby Les » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:36 am

hardhead wrote:

Personally, trolls have never bothered me. I find them entertaining. But, I never took DS as seriously as some and was never on there 24/7. I suppose if you are, it can become like a real life soap opera and you actually feel hurt that you were duped by someone. If you take a detatched interest from the start, then you won't get to the point of being drawn in.
Les

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:37 am

hardhead wrote:

How come the DTVers don't care that an entire forum were duped for months into believing that Tachyon was a japanese schoolgirl?

Postby Les » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:39 am

Stooo wrote:
Les wrote:

We're getting a lot of traffic and it seems to be a lot of original people. These PMs seem to have been getting around :wurms:

Possibly, a lot of the DSers and DTvers have migrated here and are currently using it as The Playground... :Hiya:
Les

Postby Stooo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:45 am

hardhead wrote:

Molly was ace and appeared after Dingbat was outed by Maggots and Arwen (I think) as a fake doctor on the 'Fantasists and liars' thread, one of DTV's finest moments :mrgreen:

Molly appeared out of nowhere and quickly became the attention whore of GD and Natter, she wanted to cam with me to prove that she was genuine :ooer: and then of course came the mad Fay/Molly mix up and following mass alerting for shared accounts and the forum equivalent of the band playing on while the ship sinks slowly under the waves before the eventual perma ban...

It was beautiful :bawlin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby dsvisiter » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:48 am

Les wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Les wrote:

Possibly, a lot of the DSers and DTvers have migrated here and are currently using it as The Playground... :Hiya:

Hi, I have never seen anything like this!!!
dsvisiter

Postby Stooo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:50 am

Les wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Les wrote:

I think a few have joined thankfully, modding has been a nightmare recently. Do you fancy doing some moderating as forum support? I'll have to run it through the others first of course but we need a bit of a hand and you don't appear to be particularly mad.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby hardhead » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:52 am

Guest wrote:
How come the DTVers don't care that an entire forum were duped for months into believing that Tachyon was a japanese schoolgirl?

Who says they don't? Ever asked them as a group?
hardhead

Postby disinterestedobserver » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:59 am

DS'er 2013 wrote:I am not sad enough to care worry if a poster is real or not. The subject of their thread is valid even if they are not.

By definition a thread opened by a non-real poster isn't valid. Whether rightly banned or not originally, the fact that they've sneaked back onto a forum means they've breached the T&Cs...which links into Les' point...

Les wrote:But, I never took DS as seriously as some and was never on there 24/7. I suppose if you are, it can become like a real life soap opera and you actually feel hurt that you were duped by someone. If you take a detatched interest from the start, then you won't get to the point of being drawn in.

That's a good position to be in, but if you do happen to be a poster that has put time and effort into a forum, any forum, then you certainly feel aggrieved at it being cheapened by WUMs and trolls and sockpuppets.
disinterestedobserver

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive